RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Equipment Tech

Construction Equipment Tech Hydraulics, Electronics, General Engineering, ect in constr equip

Old 03-09-2017, 10:18 AM

Cat336 is on a distinguished road
Default Jung pump pressure relief valve question

Hello,

I am working on a large scale excavator and so far everything has been going well. One issue that has arisen is the pressure relief valve on the IPZ1hR7 Jung hydro pump purchased from Premacon. The question lies in the the ability to adjust the relief pressures. I have tried adjusting the relief valve by tightening and loosening the center stem but it seems to not make a difference.

Does anyone know what pressure the relief valve is set too. I have a pressure gauge just before the valve block, straight off the pump and its seen peak pressures up to 34 bar and has not tripped.
Old 03-09-2017, 10:13 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Jung pump pressure relief valve question

A picture would help to see how you have your system set up.

To lower the pressure you would loosen the center bolt of prv... if it's not changing pressure, then your ball bearing is stuck in the barrel! ...why? either the ball bearing is too big or debris in the port or you haven't backed the bolt off enough... could be your gauge is junk out of the box & not reading pressure correctly.

Joe
Old 03-10-2017, 04:51 AM
Aussie Fabricator

titandigs is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Jung pump pressure relief valve question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat336 View Post
Hello,

I am working on a large scale excavator and so far everything has been going well. One issue that has arisen is the pressure relief valve on the IPZ1hR7 Jung hydro pump purchased from Premacon. The question lies in the the ability to adjust the relief pressures. I have tried adjusting the relief valve by tightening and loosening the center stem but it seems to not make a difference.

Does anyone know what pressure the relief valve is set too. I have a pressure gauge just before the valve block, straight off the pump and its seen peak pressures up to 34 bar and has not tripped.
I also had this same pump with the built in PRV, my PRV would do the same I suggest you contact Premacon and tell them the problem. I changed my pump out to have a separate PRV now all is fine