RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 04-08-2012, 12:48 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Hauling Dirt out of my basement (present day)

Both the pump & telescope cyl in this trk have worked perfectly since day one.. even after virtually sitting the 1st six yrs, never a problem with air bubbles or loss of pressure. I rarely go up on the 3rd stage & the box is small enough that the hoist is rarely stressed much.

I had dual pumps with dual wdc telescopes on my end dump trl.. I had trouble with one of the telescopes, 2nd joint kept popping apart.. then I went to the Leimbach 5 stage telescope with dual pumps, the Leimbach usually hung up coming down, sticking on the last widest stage. Going up with a heaped box of dirt, no hesitation.

Overall, the four wdc pumps I have been using for many yrs have never failed me with loss of pressure or leaking fluid. That's the one good item I can speak highly of from wdc.

Joe
Old 04-09-2012, 07:46 AM
Journeyman

steamer will become famous soon enoughsteamer will become famous soon enough

Joe, just another quick question. Do you have a part number for the Leimbach 5 stage cyl. Could not find any info on there web site.
Rob
Old 04-09-2012, 06:52 PM
BANNED

Long since discontinued!

Scale Art makes a nice 4 stage telescope. And their mini pump is mighty fine too that fits inside a fuel tank. They changed their site since I was there last, my link to their hyds page no longer shows their hyd parts.. guess you'll have to contact them directly for script & pics of purchasing parts.

http://scaleart.de/en/

Joe
Old 04-10-2012, 01:57 AM
Green Horn

apfubar is on a distinguished road

Link to the scale art hydraulics:
http://www.scaleart-shop.de/Function...ailer::52.html

AP
Old 04-10-2012, 02:03 AM
Green Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
With the DX6 radio I only have two 2pos switches, so it's 2nd & 3rd only, till my Robot Marketplace order shows up in a couple wks with a DX7...
BTW You can mix two two pos switches to work the three speeds on a dx6, but it is much easier on the 7 and above with the three pos switches...

Cheers,
AP
Old 04-12-2012, 09:47 AM
BANNED

Thanx for the assistance Ap.

How would I program that into the radio? I guess with one 2pos, either side is 1st or 3rd, then program the second 2pos for half the throw.. is that right?

Joe
Old 04-12-2012, 09:50 PM
Green Horn

Yep that's it!

A little bit of "mixing" and you are away... I had it working well on my dx6...

AP
Old 04-18-2012, 07:24 PM
BANNED

Do I need to "Y" harness the shift servo to make that mix work? ..cause I didn't get it to work with just the shift servo plugged into the gear channel.

A month ago I cooked the right track motor.. it sorta continued to work, well enough till another showed up last week & I put it in to get the tracks working smoothly together again..

.. then last night the left track stops!

The output shaft of the gearhead is bent too!!

I sent Frank a mail this morning.. "NEED MORE PARTS!!!"

Joe
Old 04-18-2012, 09:28 PM
Wannabe

Azonic will become famous soon enough

Wow! You have really put some tourqe on the tracks!

Something special that made this happen?
Old 04-19-2012, 12:54 AM
Green Horn

hmmm who's been a "naughty" boy! :-)

Stress testing again!

Back to the mix, on the gear channel, no Y harnesses required... just a bit of fiddling with the programming...

Google 3pos switch for DX6i.... e.g. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=6317

Cheers,
AP

Last edited by apfubar; 04-19-2012 at 12:56 AM.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:53 PM

hvy 1ton is on a distinguished road

Wow. Never seen a gearmotor output shaft bent like that before and i've abused them badly at times. I only ever seem to grenade planetaries tho.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:26 PM
BANNED

A small rock found it's way atop & behind the idler, I have the track tension set pretty tight so I don't skip a track.. one action creates another reaction & shyt happens.

I haven't heard if Frank sent replacement parts yet.. normally I wouldn't have time this time of yr, but Mother Nature isn't cooperating again this yr with excessive moisture during Spring planting. I'm so saturated here, high water table, now I'm wishing I had planted more winter wheat last Fall.

So today I tinker with my green GL to see what the clicking was about a month ago.. stripped the front pinion of the middle diff.. that's another new 1st!

Joe
Old 04-30-2012, 08:56 PM
BANNED

So tonite's "fix it" was a new esc for the loader, the ol MTronics Viper Marine, the reverse went out of it.. Reverse never did work right with that esc, it was like it had to warm up before it would run smoothly, always worked fine in forward though.

I had a bunch of the Banebot 9amp esc's that worked great for adding to the Leimbach hyd pump motors, but now Robotmarketplace is out of stock on them with no eta.

So I had this Novak Rooster sitting around.. it says on the box 6-7cell.. how long will it last on 10cells?

Joe
Old 05-13-2012, 09:18 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

I was at a friends birthday party last night and I was showing pictures of my toys to a friend of ours... She started in about how she heard about this guy on the radio a while back that was digging in his basement with stuff just like it! I just laughed and said yeah thats Joe.... Having been around her Dad's 1:1 stuff all her life she thought it was really cool and would be a lot of fun!

You're still famous Joe!

Reg
Old 05-25-2012, 12:31 AM
BANNED

Thanx for the humorous story Reg.. your friend an avid CBC listener? That interview with Helen.. what'shername on the Current Affairs, she was putting me down throughtout.. she didn't get it that it was a hobby with many enthusiasts worldwide.

Finnished planting on Monday, then made a few movies with the 850 outside.. the GoPro looks good with natural light, this was 8:30pm, an hour before dark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDYmWbRRymM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GK70mzNZyg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjhmUYPYzrY

Joe
Old 05-25-2012, 12:48 AM
Wannabe

RCTech9 is on a distinguished road

Great Videos! Nice dump truck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:18 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
Thanx for the humorous story Reg.. your friend an avid CBC listener? That interview with Helen.. what'shername on the Current Affairs, she was putting me down throughtout.. she didn't get it that it was a hobby with many enthusiasts worldwide.

Finnished planting on Monday, then made a few movies with the 850 outside.. the GoPro looks good with natural light, this was 8:30pm, an hour before dark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDYmWbRRymM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GK70mzNZyg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjhmUYPYzrY
Some people will never get it Joe. The same people that make fun of you for digging in your basement probably spend all their time off getting their facebook page setup just right or sitting in a trendy coffee shop talking about their last vacation to Mexico where they got drunk and did nothing for ten days. Those things seem like a tremendous waist of time to me so I guess it really depends on your perspective. If we lived closer together and you didn't mind, my equipment would be in your basement digging and hauling too!

I like the new vids!

Reg
Old 05-25-2012, 06:43 PM
Green Horn

Joe,

Love the vids... the go pro is amazing with the wide angle on it in the daylight....

Making it look easy loading the new truck with the 850! :-)

Cheers,
AP

Last edited by apfubar; 05-25-2012 at 06:46 PM.
Old 06-02-2012, 11:50 PM
BANNED

I was sizing what was left of the wall this week & it's about a cubic yard or less to mine away yet.. start of the winter it was approx 4x5x10 which equals 200 cubic feet - 7.4 cubic yards .. so there's over 6cu yd piled around the basement to be hauled sometime this summer.. about double what I normally tackle.... too bad you didn't live closer Reg, I could do with some trk drivers.

You wouldn't guess it from this picture, but a few days prior it looked like December with six inches of heavy wet snow on Sunday.

I got a liner load of cattle last Friday from a good friend who renting some of my pasture this yr.. several of them are like dogs following me around the corral, stand right in front of me wanting a scratch! haha

Tuesday was a nice warm day, dried up in front of house, so I emptied out this bin, about 30 loads worth!

I went up the stairs each time to look out the kitchen window for a 3D view to get all the loads piled tightly together.

Hauled from a few other areas wed/thur night as well.. about 50 loads out there now..

Joe
Old 06-03-2012, 12:29 AM
Wannabe

RCTech9 is on a distinguished road

Nice work Joe!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.