RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 11-16-2012, 07:49 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Hauling Dirt out of my basement (present day)

Flight mode is a great idea!... Precision control on the sticks for long moves isn't needed.. although, perhaps the difference in EPA from one flight mode to the other would work. Have one mode with a really low EPA while digging in a tight area & the other for high EPA's for long moves. Great tip Elliot.

I thought you replied rather quickly after my long post, just looked at the pics, eh? What chs are listed above the radio picture.

Joe
Old 11-16-2012, 08:02 PM
Green Horn

elliot330 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
Flight mode is a great idea!... Precision control on the sticks for long moves isn't needed.. although, perhaps the difference in EPA from one flight mode to the other would work. Have one mode with a really low EPA while digging in a tight area & the other for high EPA's for long moves. Great tip Elliot.
Yep that's it - don't even need to edit the EPA, just adjust the % of track throttle in the mix - or leave it at 100% as the sticks allow much better control and self center if you need to stop quickly !

Personally, i don't like the sliders, they can get knocked and are really hard to center in a hurry!... But i guess if you are tracking across the basement then its like cruise control :-)

Quote:
I thought you replied rather quickly after my long post, just looked at the pics, eh? What chs are listed above the radio picture.

Opps I did just look at the pics!
It sounds like you are not using the knob for your pump? Do you run it flat out?

Now I've read it... how comes you have your dual rates on 3 different switches? Do you like to vary the bucket speed without the stick and so on?

Last edited by elliot330; 11-16-2012 at 08:05 PM.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:12 AM
BANNED

I have the pump on Aux2 (3pos) & set the sub trim way low so the middle position is like 20%. With the mix switch on, pump rpm will ramp up when the valve chs are activated. Due to the large size of the bl motor & pressure set to 25bar, have to have some rotation of the hyd pump all the time so the esc doesn't freeze (a squeal can be heard in some of the early vids of the JD850 b/c the pump speed got too low during delicate movement of the valves - emptying the bucket out across a full full trk to fill every corner without spilling). I could vary the pump rpm on the knob, but I like quick on/off of the switch.

I have two valve settings for the bucket & stick; one setting opens the valves fully without much stick movement for fast digging, the other setting it takes alot stick movement to open the valve for much finer control - like for changing buckets.

I have 3 different settings for the swing as well.

Joe
Old 11-17-2012, 12:14 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

All those various setting's, just like the 1:1 machine's
Cheer's, Neil.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:30 AM

mog is on a distinguished road

wow joe i don't know how you can figger out all that stuff in the radio. i will have to get you the expert in if i ever get a raido like that. all i see is shiny button's that look fun to press.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:26 PM

dirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura aboutdirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura about

Joe, I thank you for letting run your Cat-Volvo truck at the show, it was a blast to play with and I couldn't believe how well it got around, going over all the other loads of dirt. Nice model.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:05 AM

livefree4780 is on a distinguished road

ya know... watching your vids and seeing your mods got me interested in this about 2 years ago. actually the first vid i saw was yours. but my point is i keep coming back to your threads. keep up the good work. its inspiring.!!
Old 11-21-2012, 12:35 AM
Green Horn

apfubar is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Hauling Dirt out of my basement (present day)

Quote:
I have the pump on Aux2 (3pos) & set the sub trim way low so the middle position is like 20%. With the mix switch on, pump rpm will ramp up when the valve chs are activated. Due to the large size of the bl motor & pressure set to 25bar, have to have some rotation of the hyd pump all the time so the esc doesn't freeze (a squeal can be heard in some of the early vids of the JD850 b/c the pump speed got too low during delicate movement of the valves - emptying the bucket out across a full full trk to fill every corner without spilling). I could vary the pump rpm on the knob, but I like quick on/off of the switch.

I have two valve settings for the bucket & stick; one setting opens the valves fully without much stick movement for fast digging, the other setting it takes alot stick movement to open the valve for much finer control - like for changing buckets.

I have 3 different settings for the swing as well.
Hi,

Just wanted to say thank you for posting this idea... After playing with my DX10T over the weekend I now have a similar setup for the 944... It should make it much easier to get that fine control...
Old 11-22-2012, 08:39 AM
BANNED

Yes Neil, all those settings... atm I only have one more ch than the DX8, but I'm having trouble trying to program the DX18 with the same fine control that I had with the DX8.. trying to diagnose what the problems are with my dealer, this DX18 is doing things it shouldn't be and not doing things it should be.

You're nearly half my age Martin, this electronic stuff should be a snap for you!

You're welcome Joe, it was great seeing you again. I'm looking forward to seeing what your next project will be.

Thank you kindly livefree.. where would we be today without the internet with the freedom to learn & share with one another around the globe?

Cheers Andy! The added programming does make for much more enjoyable play.

Ol' whitey back on the bench, turning sharp right made the front wheels stick & not center again, it made it difficult to drive.

Added some more Shoo Goo to the diff, previous gunk shredded away to nothing. The axle is locked up now, but over time the resistant will lessen.

Ed (HeavyDuty) gave me these jackstands when I visited him in St Louis last month, they sure are a handy tool for bench testing the model. Thanx again Ed!

Joe
Old 11-22-2012, 12:22 PM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road

Glad you got that front axle back up and fixed!!
Old 12-16-2012, 07:51 PM

sandfarmer is on a distinguished road

Hey Joe, what has happened to this thread? Is it just me or are all the videos gone? I've tried to use this thread 3 times over the last few days to introduce people to things they didn't even know existed but no vids.... hope all is well up North!
Old 12-16-2012, 10:16 PM
BANNED

Still working at it nearly everyday, just nothing new to show.. might take some video this wk of the start of the dig on the basement floor.

I have noticed in the last week or so that with youtube's constant updating that IE rarely seems to work anymore, even with updating Adobe Flash player. However, the vids work everytime with Google Chrome browser.

Joe
Old 12-17-2012, 12:31 PM
Green Horn

elliot330 is on a distinguished road

Just watched the latest video, what do I spy on the left at 3.10? I'm sure I've seen a tracked loader like that ;-) Is it new to the fleet?
Old 12-17-2012, 08:21 PM
BANNED

Hello Elliot, got it used from some one in the states last spring. It came with a Servonaut system - lights & sounds.. that lasted about one day and then I opted for Sabertooth control and an esc on the pump, much quieter, smoother control. I need to make a different bucket.. next winters project in my new shop.

Here's the start of the floor excavation, dig down about 18 inches, I think that's the 850's max reach. That should keep me busy for another yr or two.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTyPf...ature=youtu.be

Joe
Old 12-18-2012, 02:22 AM
Wannabe

Azonic will become famous soon enough

Nice vid Joe!

Nice to see you got the coupler on again, got it to work with the new controler?
Old 12-18-2012, 04:52 AM
BANNED

Thanx Kalle, the coupler is working xllnt (hope I didn't jinx myself admitting that out loud lol), makes quick work changing buckets/ect, getting pretty good at doing quickly too.

No, I kept the 2pos controller, I got the timing just right now. I didn't want to have rely on my counting every time & it's impossible to hear if the furnace is running. I used a dab of red locktite on the union, probably stronger than epoxy.

Something odd though, sometimes while using the tracks, especially turning, the high amp draw on the 2x25 some how causes the 2pos esc to activate, the pins cycle in then out again. Were you using a 2pos esc too? This ever happen to you?

Joe
Old 12-18-2012, 07:16 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Thanx Kalle, the coupler is working xllnt (hope I didn't jinx myself admitting that out loud lol), makes quick work changing buckets/ect, getting pretty good at doing quickly too.

No, I kept the 2pos controller, I got the timing just right now. I didn't want to have rely on my counting every time & it's impossible to hear if the furnace is running. I used a dab of red locktite on the union, probably stronger than epoxy.

Something odd though, sometimes while using the tracks, especially turning, the high amp draw on the 2x25 some how causes the 2pos esc to activate, the pins cycle in then out again. Were you using a 2pos esc too? This ever happen to you?
Joe, just a thought - are you running an external BEC, or receiver battery pack? If you are running on the ESC's internal BEC, a heavy current draw can over tax the ESC, and the internal BEC circuitry starts acting weird, or can cut out and make servos, or anything else plugged in, act strange or glitch.
Old 12-18-2012, 04:01 PM
BANNED

That's probably what it is then Nathan, the Sabertooth is providing the BEC. I'd rather use the E-Flite's BEC, but I have found that disconnecting the red wires from the Sabertooth rx leads, then the Sabertooth does not work.

Joe
Old 12-18-2012, 04:20 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

Quote:
That's probably what it is then Nathan, the Sabertooth is providing the BEC. I'd rather use the E-Flite's BEC, but I have found that disconnecting the red wires from the Sabertooth rx leads, then the Sabertooth does not work.
If you are using a separate BEC then the red wires from the sabertooth being unhooked should be fine. My CAT tractor, Track loader, and dozer all use a separate BEC and the red wires are pulled from the plug and the sabertooths work just fine. The sabertooth I bought for the CAT tractor came with an external BEC and the red wires are not even in the harness going to the esc just the ground and signal. I do know one thing for sure never unhook the ground or the signal wire has nothing to get a base reading from they work together.

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 12-18-2012, 07:19 PM
Journeyman

tracksntreadslou is on a distinguished road

Joe the Globe looks as though it has alot of scale miles on her or should i say Klms..Is that one of your first trucks and what year did you get it ?