RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 04-28-2014, 10:27 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Claus is on a distinguished road
Default Wedico 966G VS. Carson LR 634?

For you guys that own both or have been around both how do they stack up against each other? From what I have read here looks like the Carson has more room inside making things a little easier, the Carson I believe has fast hydraulics, is that true? Which one is stronger? How is the quality of the materials in each model? I believe the Wedico cost more. Rubber tires would defiantly have there advantages running in the house for me, I'm not much for running in the dirt.

Bang for the buck goes to.........?
Old 04-29-2014, 01:30 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Wedico 966G VS. Carson LR 634?

Carson!

The hyds in both models is Leimbach, though most Carson loaders today are using the brushless pump.

The Wedico just plain sucks compared to everything else market today... if it weren't for the"Caterpillar" namesake they've captured from the start, they'd be nothing but dead sales today!

You want a wheel loader, Fumotec is the best bang for your buck for power & durability at a reasonable cost... course they'll be those that'll turn the nose up to it b/c it's a Komatsu.

Joe
Old 04-30-2014, 09:05 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Can the Wedico loader be given a better hydraulic pump and motor to keep up with the rest? I know, still has the same sucky transmission.
Old 04-30-2014, 12:08 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Leimbach provides their own special brushless motor that mates with their pump, it's what the Carson is using.

I'm not sure what the bore difference is in cyls between the two models and most small models today are using 2mm ID plumbing, where as some of the early wdc (or maybe still is) is using 1.5mm hose & fittings... it's not the pump, it's the plumbing size that determines the speed of hyd functions.

Joe
Old 04-30-2014, 03:09 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

Apples to oranges argument totally different machines they are both efficient at different task .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-30-2014, 04:32 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

SmallHaul will become famous soon enoughSmallHaul will become famous soon enough

i set up the radio mixes & ran a carson LR 634 once (nice solid machine) and have run 966G's probably 15 or 20 hours or more (machines that i modified) and the LR 634 probably has a little bit more digging capability (because of the tracks) if they were working side by side... but the 966G does fine.

For me using a tracked vehicle as a loader gets boring quickly.. the 966G has a nice tight turning radius and is very maneuverable.

i have repaired and rebuilt quite a few Wedico 966G's... feel free to pm me if you get one and i can give you ideas on what should be checked and fixed to make it a better machine. Unfortunately the axles, trans and hydraulics need to be checked/improved to make it fun to operate..whether it is new or used..

Bang for the buck? i guess it depends on how cheap you can get a used 966G and how much your time is worth making it nice...

"No load is too Small"
Old 04-30-2014, 04:33 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

SmallHaul will become famous soon enoughSmallHaul will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post
Apples to oranges argument totally different machines they are both efficient at different task .
Very true and great point.

"No load is too Small"
Old 04-30-2014, 05:02 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I doubt I ever spend the money to buy either of them anyways but always fun to dream. Spent a couple years on a Cat 972G, pretty much same as the 966G but a little heavier, I know Wedico has their problems and there are better machines out there but the Wedico still draws my eyes to it.

Thanks for the input.
Old 05-16-2014, 07:58 PM

anthonymcc is on a distinguished road

WOW!! Never knew Wedico heavy equipment had a bad rap. I think the look of them are awesome. I am with ya Claus, I have had my eye on a Wedico tractor and Excavator for a long time. I would love to know were to find them used? Would ebay be a good start? I have a few Wedico searches on ebay US, but almost never see any major kits for sale.