RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 11-10-2010, 08:57 PM

mog is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Company? LMK if interested

sounds good but i would hope that you will ship to Canada cus a few place i have try buying stuff off of in the U S A will not ship to Canada and will not drop ship to a U S box. if they hear anything about Canada i get a sorry we will not deal with you. or they just hang up the phone.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-12-2010, 02:54 PM
Journeyman

Bigrigger is on a distinguished road

And thus....An amazing business is born....

Well, this made my day! You rock guys! I'd definately buy stuff from you!

Well, I think you guys should focus on Tamiya addons. PMD doesn't do this, and I think it would help. Having Wedicos too of course, just more Tamiya. I think there are more Tamiya guys then Wedicos, because they are more inexpensive. I didn't like having to dig through PMD's website to find Tamiya parts. Just my 2 cents.

I wish you guys the best! If you all teamed up, you guys would be unstoppable! One more recommendation, it would be time consuming and labor intensive, but maybe you guys could build trucks, trailers, and cut/shape cabs and parts for people? Like they say they want a KH and lowboy built for them to pick up. So you build it at a price per hour or something.

Wow, you really got me monologing. Great Idea! I'd definately be a customer! Good luck!

Keep on Truckin'

Last edited by Bigrigger; 12-04-2010 at 09:31 PM.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:28 AM

sig p232 is on a distinguished road

If you post the link we will come. I know that I am always looking for cool custom scale stuff. Now that pulling semi's is starting to pickup in our club, everyone is looking for something new.

Nate
Old 11-16-2010, 07:45 PM
Backyard enginier

Izzy will become famous soon enoughIzzy will become famous soon enough

just the other day I read an article about a start up company - it was an online market where people could post an add for what they make - easy enough really - if you wanted to order then you would go through the usual cart and order gig - then the info would be posted out to the gent who would actually make the item then drop ship to the person who ordered. The store woner really just matched people who offer up with people who want. It's a decent way for people who build but don't wan tto have to create store fronts etc. - lots of hassle and risk ....etc......

So I like the idea of having a place for people to post what they can offer.

The big issue I can forsee - is when a guy like me would post an item then get lots of orders and then take a serious amount of time to make good. I would hate to post that I could make custom trailers then have to make somebody wait a year to get it because I can only make one at a time.... see my point ....how can we avoid over committing due to volume?????
Old 11-16-2010, 11:23 PM

Fireman700 is on a distinguished road

Izzy, in what you are suggesting it would be make a load of "stock" items prior to posting or post the quanity available. Custom items would need a notation "product is on a first come/first serve basis and time frames for delivery is dependant upon vendor/client agreement.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:59 AM
Dozer Builder

td9clyde will become famous soon enoughtd9clyde will become famous soon enough

Yea custom made parts are kinda hard when all you get are rough measurments
Old 11-18-2010, 07:34 PM
Backyard enginier

Izzy will become famous soon enoughIzzy will become famous soon enough

That would work out well .... I'm all for these small and large parts shops popping up ....
Old 11-23-2010, 10:47 AM

Longhair is on a distinguished road

If shipping outside the USA is not a problem, count me in.
Old 11-24-2010, 04:49 PM
Journeyman

woodhog is on a distinguished road

This kind of store will do well.coming from the crawler side of rc ,look how much it has grown just because of availabity of parts,equip,stores,etc.the cost of rigs and trailers is not that much different than a full blown comp crawler.good luck in a new venture get ready!
Old 12-04-2010, 09:24 PM

civicex5speed is on a distinguished road

Compatition makes for better products. It would make prices competative and thus more affordable for anyone.
I would love to see kits made avalable too. Take some of the guess work out of building a truck when your new like me.
Best of luck
Old 12-04-2010, 10:28 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by civicex5speed View Post
Compatition makes for better products. It would make prices competative and thus more affordable for anyone.
I would love to see kits made avalable too. Take some of the guess work out of building a truck when your new like me.
Best of luck
What kind of kits TAMIYA & WEDICO both offer truck kits?

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 12-05-2010, 08:37 AM

civicex5speed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhhhstix View Post
What kind of kits TAMIYA & WEDICO both offer truck kits?

Travis
Both would be nice. But this of course would be 2x the inventory.I have no experience with WEDICO, so for me I would say Tamiya

As a newbie, I would like to see a place I can get what I need in a complete kit.

IE: If I was building the front axel assy of a truck, I could just buy this in a kit with all I need to attach to my frame rails. Or I could buy a body with all the small parts that go with it. (lights, chrome, etc). Or I could buy just what I need.

Last edited by civicex5speed; 12-05-2010 at 08:37 AM. Reason: spelling error
Old 12-05-2010, 03:36 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Sellers of ebay break down tamiya truck kits in this manner, it just takes some time to search them out... though I wonder why you'd want to do it this way? It's cheaper to buy the whole kit rather than just parts of it at a time.
Old 12-05-2010, 05:03 PM
Weaver Of Dreams

Dreamweaver will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
Sellers of ebay break down tamiya truck kits in this manner, it just takes some time to search them out... though I wonder why you'd want to do it this way? It's cheaper to buy the whole kit rather than just parts of it at a time.

Not always true, My build will use very little of the stock truck, in fact I need the front suspension, the body, the grill shell, the interior and glass, the fifth wheel and mount, and that's really it.

So for me buying a complete kit would be a waste of money.

-Mike

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike "DREAMWEAVER" Johnson

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11

Rims and Tanks by ihbuilder / Grill and Visor by Brian in PA / Mirrors, Front and Rear Bumper, Back of Cab Lights, and Steering Arms by tc1cat / Fenders by Stylin n Profilin / Frame Rails by The Late Freddy Gear Drive