RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 09-17-2010, 03:36 PM
Green Horn

Thorsteenster is on a distinguished road
Default My RC queue

I have two builds I really need to finish before I get too far in starting my Volvo.
First is a 1.9 Uni Mog Doka from splicing two Tamiya Mog bodies together. There's a slight dip in the roof where the two halves meet, hence the roof rack. I used the leftover bed pieces, shortened bed, to make a drop bed. Final paint will be on the outside, and when it gets trail scratches etc it will show the inside paint to replicate sheet metal/rust.

The lexan is fairly easy to work with as such, but not for finishing as styrene so I'm not going for perfection.

Then a 2.2 Axial frame'd rig. I had an HPI Bronco body I made an interior and some nice tail lights but then ProLine came out with a full hard top Bronco that I picked up and sold the other Bronco. It has a shiftable 2WD/4WD t-case and an MFC-02. With the slot mags, and current Imex G-Hawgz I'm going for a cool old school 70's mudder look. Currently the suspension is 4 linked front and rear, but as plans have changed for this I may go to leafs/radius arms to get a little more scale looking.

The Doka I started in March 09, and the Bronco in October 09. I hate RTR's and kit builds, but boy oh boy does it take me forever to get a build done!
Any who, just thought I'd share a couple other things I'm working on.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:02 PM
Wannabe

bigpipespete is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My RC queue

thats a cool build
Old 11-15-2010, 12:33 AM

sig p232 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My RC queue

Very nice. I am digging the slot mags.

Nate

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.