RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 02-07-2016, 10:22 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Ordering from premacon?

Hey guys, I just tried to purchase some parts from premacon. In the past I have ordered similar $$ and paid via PayPal. Now they are telling me I need to pay bank transfer. Is this commonplace with them now? It's been a year or so since last time I purchased anything from them but I did pay withpaypal, credit card. Was hopeing to order parts while on vacation. Thanks for the info if any of you know if this is now their standard policy
Old 02-07-2016, 11:33 PM
Wannabe

up9018 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ordering from premacon?

Never ordered from them but if that fee wasn't disclosed up front I would ask for my money back.
Old 02-08-2016, 02:05 AM
Wannabe

Stuart is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by up9018 View Post
Never ordered from them but if that fee wasn't disclosed up front I would ask for my money back.
What???

Anyhow, just checked there site and it seems your right, there is no paypal option anymore just a bank transfer. I'm finding this a lot now a days, sevonaut are the same. Might be something to do with the new SEPA payment system which I'm hearing a lot about, also saves on the paypal fees for the seller.

Stu
Old 02-08-2016, 03:10 AM

elvis65 is on a distinguished road

Hi all.
there has been a few times the German firms have been ripped off with people claiming there money back using paypal.
Claiming they have sent parts back or they have not received the goods so a lot of the German and Dutch traders are not using paypal any more.
I know the gear doctor got coned out of a £3000 model a couple of years ago using paypal. NOT GOOD FOR THE HOBBY.
ALL THE BEST
Old 02-08-2016, 11:36 PM
Wannabe

thebigo is on a distinguished road

I just ordered about $250.00 of parts ten days ago through PayPal with them, haven't recieved the parts yet. When you order through there on-line store they don't offer PayPal, so what I did is E-Mail them with the parts I wanted and they sent me an invoice or what they call a confirmation order, and they told me to just send the money to their PayPal account through PayPal if that makes sense?

David
Old 02-09-2016, 12:03 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road

Thanks Dave, I've ordered pumps and valves before, never had any problems then. I very well could have forgotten that I did that. Ordered then get a confirmation to use PayPal. I did send another email today and will just wait for that.

Just to keep things on the level, I do not have any issues with them, nor do I think they are trying to rip me off or that they are any way, shape or whatever doing something odd. I just wanted to know from others if this was the normal. Again I could have done that in the past and just forgotten. I wasn't sure if I had hit the wrong thing while ordering or if they got screwed too many times by people misreprenting PayPal and want to hear from others. In my opinion they make the best valves and supply the best pumps, sure a lil pricey but high quality.
Old 02-09-2016, 07:53 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis65 View Post
Hi all.
there has been a few times the German firms have been ripped off with people claiming there money back using paypal.
Claiming they have sent parts back or they have not received the goods so a lot of the German and Dutch traders are not using paypal any more.
I know the gear doctor got coned out of a £3000 model a couple of years ago using paypal. NOT GOOD FOR THE HOBBY.
ALL THE BEST
Never heard of such bad news, but I have little doubt such scuzzy ppl exist to pull such tricks to beat a company out of a buck. Being an Admin of this community for 15yrs, I've seen 1st hand just how low some ppl try to go to cheat or brow beat some one else for whatever reason...

I got a notice last month from PayPal of new changes coming, not much concern for the buyer, but higher volume sales by the seller & especially with international sales the fees are going up! Like PayPal isn't expensive enough already to use!

Joe
Old 02-09-2016, 08:25 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

bigford is an unknown quantity at this point

$31.00 in paypal fees and $27.50 customs for my trailer from reg.
makes you think about ordering from overseas
Old 02-09-2016, 10:55 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

Did you get it yet Mark? Coming today it looks like.

PP rates are going up in April as Joe said. As a seller from Canada to the US it is increasing .9% to 3.8%. As a seller from Canada to anywhere else it is increasing 1% to 4.9%. I'm not sure what is happening to sellers in Europe or other places. If you move a large amount of product you get a better rate but that does not help someone small like me. As per usual the small timers carry the big fish. Throw in the fact that PP will most likely side with the buyer and it gets pretty tempting for a seller to take a bank transfer on more expensive items.
Old 02-09-2016, 12:02 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

bigford is an unknown quantity at this point

hate to see hit on $7000.
Old 02-09-2016, 08:40 PM
Wannabe

thebigo is on a distinguished road

Problem with bank transfers, is they cost 45 to 50 US dollars to process for the buyer. I haven't shopped around at different banks but I bet it's about the same for all of them.

If I was a seller I might consider certified checks even though it takes a little longer.
Old 02-09-2016, 09:17 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigo View Post
Problem with bank transfers, is they cost 45 to 50 US dollars to process for the buyer. I haven't shopped around at different banks but I bet it's about the same for all of them.

If I was a seller I might consider certified checks even though it takes a little longer.
It's been a few yrs since I did a wire transfer last... I think anything under 10k is $25cdn & above is $50 with a lot more paperwork involved.

I've been doing PayPal lately with Fumotec, but I've been paying the fees "money to a friend", I have no worries of Frank ripping me off... the exchange rate is higher too, but the convenience of the quick transfer makes it worth it to me.

Joe
Old 02-10-2016, 11:17 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Stuff is on a distinguished road

unless i know the person, I'm very wary of a bank transfer. I'd rather use paypal or credit card to have some insurance on the deal.

But like said, its the rotten apples that are ruining it for the others..
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-10-2016, 08:44 PM
Wannabe

Rimrock is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuff View Post
unless i know the person, I'm very wary of a bank transfer. I'd rather use paypal or credit card to have some insurance on the deal.

But like said, its the rotten apples that are ruining it for the others..
Yeah, that's the way it is...some few messing it all up..More and more serious companies try to avoid Paypal and similar. They may loose some customers, but as long they have enough to do, like 1 year waiting lists for excavators, they don't worry too much about it I guess

Last edited by Rimrock; 02-10-2016 at 08:48 PM.