RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Australian Rigs & Roadtrains

Australian Rigs & Roadtrains A place for aussies to show off their unique truck configurations.

Old 05-03-2014, 07:02 AM

Backlash is on a distinguished road
Default Water Tanker

Hi everyone,

Well I feel that I have been lurking on the forums long enough, and its now time to share some of my builds..

The reason behind this build was to use up some leftover pieces from my 8 wheel Mercedes Tipper project..

The Prototype, or basis for my build will be a cross between these two...

The first thing that I did was chop the sleeper off an Aeromax cab, and use the back of the sleeper to fill in the hole..

Here is a mock up of the build..

Cheers.
Old 05-03-2014, 12:19 PM
Journeyman

Exclusive RC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Water Tanker

great job so far keep it up!
Old 05-04-2014, 12:10 PM

Hi everyone..

Thanks for the comments..

I should clarify.. When I posted up the photos of the prototype, it was only intended to give everyone an idea of what I was looking to achieve.. I in no way consider myself to be a skilled modeller, and this is the first truck that I have done any real great modifications to, such as cutting the cab into a day cab etc.. I am learning quite a lot as I move along, so I don't expect this build to be perfect or prototypical, I will be happy with functional at this stage..

I'm not sure if this one will end up getting a back window or not.. The reason that I used the back panel of the Aeromax sleeper was to take advantage of the holes that were there for the MFU, and use them for switches for my lights etc, and possibly an MFU sometime in the future..

As soon as I can get my Photobucket account to work, I will share some updated pics of the build as it stands now..

Also, due to a severe lack of funds, (otherwise known as unemployment), the main goal with this build is to spend as little money as possible.. ;-)

Cheers

PS. Chris, I love the tanker that you posted.. I only wish that I had 1/10 the skill that you do as a modeller.. Great work..

Last edited by Backlash; 05-04-2014 at 12:16 PM.
Old 05-04-2014, 02:32 PM

After several attempts, I finally got Photobucket to play nice..

As she stands at the moment..

The chassis has been lengthened approx. 40mm at the rear and painted.. I added the rear bumper off my Globeliner and it seems to suit this build well.. The "tank" is a piece of 150mm (6 inch) PVC storm water pipe that was cut and shut 50mm, and then heated with a heat gun and bent to get a more suitable shape.. I'm just waiting on some 2mm styrene to turn up so I can cap each end of the tank, and make some finishing touches to the top and bottom of the tank..

There is a 5000mAh Reedy LiPo tucked between the chassis rails, which should give good runtime with the fitted 65 turn motor.. I hope that there is enough room left between the cab and battery to fit the pump, otherwise the pump will have to go in the cab..

I also wired some LEDs in the rear bumper to give a more realistic look when its running.. I plan to fill the back side of the bumper in with some black silicone sealant (caulk) to help protect the wiring before fitting the covers over the LEDs..

I also need to make a fuel tank, as well as a battery box and tool box for the other side..

I still have a bit of sanding and filling to do on the cab before it gets painted, but it is getting close now..

Cheers
Old 05-04-2014, 03:55 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

glorydays24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Interesting build, I like it. Can't wait to see more.

Big John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!