RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Equipment Tech

Construction Equipment Tech Hydraulics, Electronics, General Engineering, ect in constr equip

Old 10-24-2016, 12:44 PM

61pete is on a distinguished road
Smile 4200 slip ring removal and brushless upgrade

I just purchased a 4200 excavator. I hardly had any run time on it and the ESCs and drive motors have already burned up. I purchased the rc4wd brushless upgrade kit for a replacement. So far I have the machine mostly pulled apart but I am stuck at the slip ring. How do I get it out? Also, how do I wire up the brushless ESCs? The wiring block does not seem to accommodate this upgrade. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Old 10-26-2016, 10:39 PM
Wannabe

thebigo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 4200 slip ring removal and brushless upgrade

If I remember right plastic slip ring just pulls out, but there may be a screw holding it, can't remember, but this won't be the hard part. They don't leave alot of room for wiring, and on mine they didn't leave very much length of wire off off the motors. So what I did was to add to the wire's in that your connection does not end up in the hole weaving into the track structure, so I offset my connections so they wouldn't end up in that area that is so difficult to pass wires through. I did struggle more than I should have to get this figured out. Let me know if you need more help.

David
Old 10-28-2016, 04:59 PM
Wannabe

Rimrock is on a distinguished road

...4200Xl brushless upgrade kit...'Serenity now!!' Can't remember exactly, but it maybe was just beneath in the area where the boom is attached to the base plate.

Last edited by Rimrock; 10-28-2016 at 05:16 PM.
Old 12-21-2016, 10:13 PM

61pete is on a distinguished road

How do you wire it up??? I saw 3 red wires and 3 black wires. Does the red go to one side and the black to the other? Is there a chance you'd be able to provide me with some sort of diagram? I have had this thing for 3.5 month and only used it for 20 minutes before burning out the ESCs and replacements. I'd love to get it has together and use it! Thanks again for your help!
Old 01-07-2017, 06:15 PM
Wannabe

Rimrock is on a distinguished road

Hi,

Yeah, that's correct, 3 red wires to one motor, and 3 black to the other. The ESC has probably 3 wires with different colors for the motor, but it does not matter which wire goes where, as long as the e.g 3 red wires are hooked up to the same ESC. See link to wiring diagram. That's for the new 360L excavator, but same setup concerning the track motors (or 'walk motors' as they've been called also)
Not quite sure what went wrong since ESC's has been burned, but hopefully things will sort out when you have a look at the diagram?

http://www.rc4wd.co.uk/product/VV-JD00016-21.jpg