RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 05-30-2012, 09:39 PM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road
Default Re: "KISS" theme truck

I think a clear lexan or plexiglass van trailer wth a full stage and band playing with tunes coming out would look killer haha i gotta throw some bad influence ideas out there too!! Cant wait for the next update buddy!!
Old 05-31-2012, 06:25 AM
Weaver Of Dreams

Dreamweaver will become famous soon enough

Lets see how good you really are...

I used to haul around a stage trailer for a stage company in SLC. This trailer was 45' long. the sides lifted up to make the roof of the stage. then inside of them were two more pieces that folded down to make the floor of the stage. both the roof and the floor had two parts to each that made the roof 45' x 42' and the floor 45' x 40'. it was all hydrolic. the roof had all the mounts for lighting and speakers built into it and had rams on all four corners of the center 8' section that allowed it to be lifted up to 20' above the stage floor.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike "DREAMWEAVER" Johnson

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11

Rims and Tanks by ihbuilder / Grill and Visor by Brian in PA / Mirrors, Front and Rear Bumper, Back of Cab Lights, and Steering Arms by tc1cat / Fenders by Stylin n Profilin / Frame Rails by The Late Freddy Gear Drive
Old 05-31-2012, 01:59 PM
Apprentice

SWAGGER is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: "KISS" theme truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamweaver View Post

I used to haul around a stage trailer for a stage company in SLC. This trailer was 45' long. the sides lifted up to make the roof of the stage. then inside of them were two more pieces that folded down to make the floor of the stage. both the roof and the floor had two parts to each that made the roof 45' x 42' and the floor 45' x 40'. it was all hydrolic. the roof had all the mounts for lighting and speakers built into it and had rams on all four corners of the center 8' section that allowed it to be lifted up to 20' above the stage floor.
That sounds like a serious challenge! I'm sure it's possible, for someone who is very comfortable with hydraulics. I bet Freddy could have done it for sure, but most would certainly struggle. It would definitely be mind blowing to watch the whole thing transform from a box trailer into a full blown gig ready stage automatically, right before your eyes!

Last edited by SWAGGER; 05-31-2012 at 05:12 PM.
Old 05-31-2012, 04:42 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

glorydays24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamweaver View Post

That would be cool Mike But i've never worked with hydrolics before, and i'm sure I don't have the skills for something that complicated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAGGER View Post
That sounds like a serious challenge! I'm sure it's possible, for someone who is very comfortable with hydraulics. I bet Freddy could have done it for sure, but most would certainly struggle. It would definitely be mind blowing to watch the whole thing transform from a box trailer into a full flown gig ready stage automatically, right before your eyes!
Steve, there's no doubt in my mind FGD could have done it. But I don't think i'll attempt that...at least not yet.

Big John

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!
Old 05-31-2012, 05:15 PM
Apprentice

SWAGGER is on a distinguished road

Oh I totally agree Big John, as much as would LOVE to pull off that level of complexity, I wouldn't have a clue where to begin. Anyway, I think what you are doing is already incredible, it will certainly be groundbreaking. Most of what you are doing, I have never seen before. So keep on truckin!
Old 06-18-2012, 02:41 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Well I have some progress accomplished. I took a king hauler rolling chassis I got in a partial trade from firefighter 1177, thanx Ken, and added the tandem part to the king. I got the body mounted, now i'm going to make the hood longer. Then I used some j.b. weld to fill the gaps and holes. Here we go...

Thanx for looking, Big John

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!
Old 06-18-2012, 11:58 AM

Looks great! so whats the total length of frame now?
Old 06-18-2012, 05:21 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
Looks great! so whats the total length of frame now?
Thanx buddy, the length is 32-1/2". And i'm making the trailer a 53' scale. Now if my calcilations are correct, the trailer will be 45". I don't see any tight turns with this one, lol.

Big John

Old 06-23-2012, 03:25 PM
Journeyman

plow jockey is on a distinguished road

It's coming together nicely.Lets see some more updates.Good job Big John.
Old 06-23-2012, 07:28 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by plow jockey View Post
It's coming together nicely.Lets see some more updates.Good job Big John.
Thankyou Fred. I've got the hood back on, and I added a little something to the hood for some more eye appeal. When I get the bondo done, i'll post pic's...Stay tuned.

Big John

Old 06-23-2012, 11:21 PM

You should cut the kiss logo out on both sides of your hood and light it up
Old 06-24-2012, 09:53 AM
Green Horn

cabrover is on a distinguished road

Looking good Big John, This is gonna be one "Detroit Rock City" ride!!
Tim
Old 06-24-2012, 08:14 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
You should cut the kiss logo out on both sides of your hood and light it up
HMMM...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabrover View Post
Looking good Big John, This is gonna be one "Detroit Rock City" ride!!
Tim
Thankyou Tim, LOL!!!

Big John

Old 08-01-2012, 12:31 PM

Papabaer is on a distinguished road

Hy John,

Your Truck locks fantastic. I see manny from Kiss Mask in little Accesoires. But i missing "The Fox – Eric Carr" and "The Ankh Warrior – Vinnie Vincent" - you see i´m also interested in KISS

...so kepp on rolling, keep on trucking!!!

Greets from Germany
Martin
Old 08-01-2012, 08:11 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papabaer View Post
Hy John,

Your Truck locks fantastic. I see manny from Kiss Mask in little Accesoires. But i missing "The Fox – Eric Carr" and "The Ankh Warrior – Vinnie Vincent" - you see i´m also interested in KISS
Thankyou Martin, but even though Eric Carr and Vinnie Vincent were part of KISS, I just want to stay with the original members. Now Don't get me wrong, Vinnie was a great guitarest, and Eric was a very excellent drummer...and i've played drums to most of Erics music, and he is missed dearly. R.I.P. Eric. BTW, I found the original members with instruments at www. kiss4sale.com. When I can, i'm ordering them to be on stage.

Big John

Old 08-02-2012, 12:09 AM
Green Horn

dmess62 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by glorydays24 View Post
Autocar, I am wanting to do a "stage" in the trailer. But so far the only members I can find are Gene and Paul. I didn't think of a button to lay down one side, but maybe a servo. That way it would be a smooth drop. And I need to find the instruments...But the fat lady hasn't sung yet.

Thank you, Big John
found this and couldnt resist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBfiU...ailpage#t=148s

Dave
Old 08-16-2012, 05:36 AM

Papabaer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by glorydays24 View Post
Thankyou Martin, but even though Eric Carr and Vinnie Vincent were part of KISS, I just want to stay with the original members. Now Don't get me wrong, Vinnie was a great guitarest, and Eric was a very excellent drummer...and i've played drums to most of Erics music, and he is missed dearly. R.I.P. Eric. BTW, I found the original members with instruments at www. kiss4sale.com. When I can, i'm ordering them to be on stage.

Big John
No problem John - i´m sure the finish of your Truck would be fantastic and i´m locking forward to see more of him

...so kepp on rolling, keep on trucking!!!

Greets from Germany
Martin
Old 08-21-2012, 10:23 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I wanted to show you all the wheels Super Mario hooked me up with. I think these fit the truck and trailer to a T. And S&P's (John's) fenders looking good. Thanx Mario and John.

Thanx for looking, Big John

Old 08-23-2012, 08:49 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

1985 kenworth is on a distinguished road

big john that is sooooo cool ,this build will definetly be a one of a kind build ...rock on my friend
Old 08-23-2012, 03:41 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985 kenworth View Post
big john that is sooooo cool ,this build will definetly be a one of a kind build ...rock on my friend
Thankyou Dwayne, your trucks are one of a kind also.

Big John