RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > Welcome New Members

Welcome New Members A place to introduce yourself to the membership.

Old 12-03-2014, 12:04 AM

MayhemIron is on a distinguished road
Default Greetings

Hey I am new to the RC world well new to the anything beyond the mass produced battery gobbling disappointing ones we had as kids. You know the big tires and took 20 aa batteries and had a hard time on grass.

Anyways I am here because of an Idea. Just one I want to tackle. I would like to build a Gas powered.... or diesel if I can find a small decent one. Tractor. most likely a Belarus 7100. 1:4 scale?

My experience with RC. not much

What I do have for experience.
Mig Welding (built my own rock crawler never got the steering figured out and it sadly had to go outside when the new business started)
Autobody repair, even some experience with an english wheel.
Air brushing
4 years as an artist, so design vision and so forth

Was a heavy duty mechanic in High school and have worked on several antique tractors

Woodworking I build everything from custom models to furniture.

3 years CNC , new machine will have 4th axis

I am a farmers son

Tools at my disposal.
Wood Lathe, Large Metal Lathe
English wheel, Mig Welder, Stick Welder, Oxy acetylene, autobody dollies and hammers, Cnc Machine with 4th axis capable of cutting brass and aluminum or so I am told. Mostly will be used for wood.
Complete woodworking shop.
Sketch up, Cnc Programs, engine cranes, 30+ small b&S motors.

My Plan is to build what scale required to fit engine in and run a hydraulic pump off motor, probably use the hydrostatic drive off of 2 lawn mowers for the front and rear wheels. and one or two rams for the articulation. This does not have to be a fast model More interested in it have some brute power and 3 point hitch. The part I am stuck on is what I do not know. the R/C aspect. I could make it a ride on and might go that way after all but Radio control would be something. Hydraulic solenoids was my idea.

Could I do this for under $2500.00

Thoughts.... is this feasible... or should I go lay down cause I am drunk.
Old 12-03-2014, 01:38 AM
Apprentice

jack van is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Greetings

hi and welcome you have a nice tool collection and you definatly came to right place people here are great for any help you need and they are all awsome people with some seriously mad skills enjoy
Old 12-03-2014, 02:41 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Mainstream here is 12th & 14th scale electric. What you're after is an entirely different kettle of fish. There's probably a few guys here who would know how to build 1/4 scale models with gas engines with proper safety electronic shutdowns incorporated, but I don't know who offhand.

Joe
Old 12-03-2014, 12:29 PM

MayhemIron is on a distinguished road

Thank you Yeah its a bigger model that is for sure.

The nice thing is we have a Belarus 7100 right here on the farm. I still vividly remember riding it in when dad made silage.

The body is pretty simple, basically a bunch of squares with a few arcs for the wheel wells.
Old 12-11-2014, 09:03 AM

Acadieman is on a distinguished road

Nice project idea!
I like old Belarus products. I'd like to scratch build a 1/16 Belarus 825 one day.

You may want to look at the site Garden Tractor Talk or MyTractorForum.
Some members on there built 1/2 scale or smaller models of large equipment. The only difference is they are ride on tractors instead of R/C. Most used garden tractors for the conversion.
Don Campbell built quite a few:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/doncam...7594306624308/

Kurt Smith also builds mini tractors based on full scale models:
http://www.thelittletractorco.com/

I think going R/C would be neat, but it could be a challenge finding the right parts. It definitely possible.