RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Corral for the IRONHORSE

Corral for the IRONHORSE If it runs on rails,put it here!

Old 09-29-2010, 10:31 AM
Wannabe

CorbettTrailers is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Some of my collection

Very Nice. I have a uncle in Deer Park, TX that works for Union Pacific Railroad which used to be Southern Pacific. It was bought out by the Rio Grande in the late 80's but kept the SP name because it was so well known, it wanted to keep the customers familiar with the SP name. Mid 90's I believe Union Pacific bought it out. He's work there for as long as I can remember and I'm 35. When we went on vacation to see him he would take me to the yard. I remember back then, just miles and miles of trains. Those pics sure take me back.
ECMT Members: Join your Group. Go to your username in the top right corner of the page and click on it. When your profile opens go down to group memberships, Click on East Coast Mini Truckers, The social group will open and scroll down And in the middle it you will see "Join Group" Click on it and then confirm that you REALLY wanna join.
[SIZE="2"]
Old 11-15-2010, 08:55 PM

bucshott is on a distinguished road

Nice collection nate! I to have a lot of souther pacific power. from early steam to modern, most are sd's. the SP flag has not fallen in my collection, have some SD90MAC and AC4400CW in the greay speed letters and the black widow colors.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:14 AM
Weaver Of Dreams

Dreamweaver will become famous soon enough

Nice stable Rick. I to have been a train buff. A few years ago back in Sioux Falls, SD I got into trains and in three years between my 14 x 16 layout and all my rolling stock, I somehow spent $18,000. I was a member of the train club in Sioux Falls and did more than my fair share of work on that layout as well. And I taught myself how to do it all. From laying track to weathering to airbrushing. I wanted to do something and I just went and bought what I needed and figured out how to do it.

Here are my 1:87 Trucks that I detailed.

1:87th Trucks

and here are some of my rolling stock and engines. These are just the ones I detailed.

Engines and Rolling Stock

As you can see I have this thing about detail....

-Mike

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike "DREAMWEAVER" Johnson

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11

Rims and Tanks by ihbuilder / Grill and Visor by Brian in PA / Mirrors, Front and Rear Bumper, Back of Cab Lights, and Steering Arms by tc1cat / Fenders by Stylin n Profilin / Frame Rails by The Late Freddy Gear Drive
Old 11-18-2010, 02:27 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamweaver View Post
Nice stable Rick. I to have been a train buff. A few years ago back in Sioux Falls, SD I got into trains and in three years between my 14 x 16 layout and all my rolling stock, I somehow spent $18,000. I was a member of the train club in Sioux Falls and did more than my fair share of work on that layout as well. And I taught myself how to do it all. From laying track to weathering to airbrushing. I wanted to do something and I just went and bought what I needed and figured out how to do it.

Here are my 1:87 Trucks that I detailed.

1:87th Trucks

and here are some of my rolling stock and engines. These are just the ones I detailed.

Engines and Rolling Stock

As you can see I have this thing about detail....

-Mike
Who is Rick, Mike? Now you are calling me Rick! This is actually quite amussing! But thanks for the compliments. I think they were ment for me. Maybe not, but it is my thread. Always good to see another model railroader in this RC truck hobby. I'm pretty sure we all share the same interests. Must have come from similar molds. I haven't yet mustered the courage to weather my models like you, Mike. Maybe someday.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:14 PM

Oil Field Construction is on a distinguished road

Awesome collection! I too like Trains, I have a large collection of N Scale and also G Scale. All modern Diesel power stuff, mostly CN.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:59 AM
Weaver Of Dreams

Dreamweaver will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
Who is Rick, Mike? Now you are calling me Rick! This is actually quite amussing! But thanks for the compliments. I think they were ment for me. Maybe not, but it is my thread. Always good to see another model railroader in this RC truck hobby. I'm pretty sure we all share the same interests. Must have come from similar molds. I haven't yet mustered the courage to weather my models like you, Mike. Maybe someday.

Well now we are evan.... Guess we know each others names NOW.... Sorry Nathan. Yes the comments were meant for you.

-Mike

Mike "DREAMWEAVER" Johnson

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11

Rims and Tanks by ihbuilder / Grill and Visor by Brian in PA / Mirrors, Front and Rear Bumper, Back of Cab Lights, and Steering Arms by tc1cat / Fenders by Stylin n Profilin / Frame Rails by The Late Freddy Gear Drive
Old 11-23-2010, 02:26 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oil Field Construction View Post
Awesome collection! I too like Trains, I have a large collection of N Scale and also G Scale. All modern Diesel power stuff, mostly CN.
Thanks Kevin! It seems a sure bet that a lot of share the same interests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamweaver View Post
Well now we are evan.... Guess we know each others names NOW.... Sorry Nathan. Yes the comments were meant for you.

-Mike
No hard feelings Mike. None at all. You don't even have to apologize! And yes, we are even now!
Old 01-18-2011, 12:16 AM
Journeyman

scalelover is on a distinguished road

I roll n scale here, I'm in the midst of redesigning my layout with my son. We are dpoig a 13x5 foot layout with helix on end to lower deck wth staging yards. We have not decided yet if we are goping to do a prototype or just design our own city layout. I was always a train lover as a kid I had all HO and then I wanted the n scale as I got older do to the detail in small size and you need a lot less room to have a large layout. I will be sure to post up some pics as we get going on it.

--Dan
Old 03-15-2013, 10:53 AM
Wannabe

JDH429 is on a distinguished road

Super cool collection SP. I love the SP line up in the first pic. Nothing better than the fleet of Locos. A+
Old 03-15-2013, 10:38 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Thanks Jason! All one has to do is look at the railroad I like to model, and then they figure out my screen name.
Old 03-16-2013, 06:54 PM
Green Horn

YoungGunz is on a distinguished road

Love the collection, Nathan. I always wondered if you had a collection because of your screen name. I never looked deep enough to find it though
Old 03-17-2013, 04:16 PM
Wannabe

JDH429 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
Thanks Jason! All one has to do is look at the railroad I like to model, and then they figure out my screen name.
I figured it out immediately!
Old 04-07-2013, 01:19 AM
Green Horn

cdm is on a distinguished road

around 2006 i started with model railroads. i went with N scale due to size. spent a lot of time and effort making my own 4x8 world, and then had to move, which meant destroying it by breaking it up. i never rebuilt it at the severed joints.

but i learned that dust will destroy your scenery fast. now i just use a 4x8 board with some rails nailed to it and when i get bored, i just ramp it against the wall and put the trains back in the box. i do this once a year it seems, enough to get my fix lol

i should upgrade to ho scale. always wanted a bachman acela set

The waiting games are real.