RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 01-27-2018, 10:44 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

skeeter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Skeeters contracting services

Quote:
Originally Posted by frizzen View Post
Since they suck, try this with mspaint and word

http://www.rctruckandconstruction.co...ad.php?t=11281 post 22

Also, do you have tire height and axle witdh on the m35 yet? I had an ebay scam shutdown the one i had coming.
Frizzy, as ALWAYS, thanks fir the help.

No sir I don't have that info. As of this time, I've yet to start building either of those kits.

I've heard others that have said the same thing about that seller. I guess I was one of the lucky one's that actually got the merchandise that was ordered. I'm sorry that this happened to you folks.

Last edited by skeeter; 01-27-2018 at 10:46 PM. Reason: typos
Old 01-30-2018, 12:04 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

The HobbyCo bankruptcy has really messed EVERYTHING up! I went to the LHS today to try & acquire some square brass tubing, brass sheets, brass "C" Channels, as well as some more brass tubing. I need to acquire this stuff fir the Weyerhaeuser log truck build. I'm on a first name basis with the LHS owner. We talked fir several minute today about the bankruptcy, & how it's affecting the hobby supplies. He CAN;T order K+S brass stock no more. His supply chain was through a HobbiCo Company, Great Planes. Since K+S WON'T ship to Great Planes fir now, he'd have to place an order of at LEAST $1,000.oo to place an order directly with K+S. Even some parts fir RC trucks, & cars he's NOT able to order. Even Tacoma RC Raceways (The other LHS that has the indoor track, AND hosts the National Indoor Series of races) is having troubles finding parts. I guess that tomorrow, after work, I'll have to hit Evilbay, &/or Amazon to try & scrounge up enough materials that I can get started on this build. I tried Home Dumpster, & Lowes today, but they DON'T have brass stock that is as small as I am needing.
Old 02-04-2018, 04:58 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Hydraulic help needed. I plan to build another dump truck, but this one will have hydraulics to dump it. I don't know a lot about hydraulic units. If I run the Hydraulic pump from an ESC, (Obviously we have to) do I need a valve to make the box operate, or can I just run the pump fwd/rev to control dump hoist up/down?

IF I must use a valve, I was thinking about this one.
http://www.magomhrc.com/en/m3-valves...lve-m3-v2.html
Problem is, it has 4 connection ports, but the hydraulic cylinder ONLY has 2 ports.
Old 02-04-2018, 05:16 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

egronvold is on a distinguished road

You should look for a complete setup. In the end it’s not more expensive than getting individual parts. Magom is generally cheaper. Then you have Ledu and up to Premacon.

Construction site on Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pictures on Instagram:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-04-2018, 12:55 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Northern Farmer is on a distinguished road

No need for a valve Skeeter. Check out these kits.

http://www.rcbrmin.com/index.php?mai...roducts_id=643

http://www.rcbrmin.com/index.php?mai...roducts_id=649
Old 02-04-2018, 02:37 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by egronvold View Post
You should look for a complete setup. In the end it’s not more expensive than getting individual parts. Magom is generally cheaper. Then you have Ledu and up to Premacon.
I though I was buying a complete kit. When I bought the one I have now, I knew nothing at all about 1/14, &/or 1/16th scale hydraulics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Farmer View Post
Looks similar to the kit I already have. Mine was a return kit, that was refurbished. The feller that bought it did something wrong while installing it, & fried the pump. I was made aware of this before I bought it. BEcause if that, I got it at a great deal. It ONLY cost me $135 +$15 for S+H.

Thanks guys fir the help.
Old 02-04-2018, 04:42 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

egronvold is on a distinguished road

Didn’t catch that you already had bought a system. Do you know the brand? If it’s originally dedigned without a valve, it shoud work with any ESC that’s support fwd/rew. Brush/ brushless is then the only question.

Construction site on Facebook:

Pictures on Instagram:
Old 02-04-2018, 05:00 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

It's a LESU HYDRAULIC KIT. I don't have pics of it. Semi Joe on EvilBay has a few pics of it. Here's one of his pics. Mine is exactly the same unit, sorry it's a SMALL picture.
p by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr
Old 02-06-2018, 12:19 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

bigford is an unknown quantity at this point

If the cylinder has only one fitting then iTS
A forward to fill and reverse to empty setup
Like my super dumper. If there are two fittings
Then you need a valvebody to Chang flow directions
Old 02-06-2018, 05:18 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I'll have to dig it out, & see how many connections it has. It was a long time ago I bought it. According to the Evilbay purchase history, I bought it in late 2016.
Old 02-11-2018, 04:15 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

THANK-You to Rapheal & Jeffery for coming over to play RC truck & construction today. It was a blast, guys. Here's a few pics of the fun today.
IMG_0155 by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

IMG_0146 by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

IMG_0143 by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

IMG_0142 by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

IMG_0139 by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

IMG_0138 by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

IMG_0137 by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

IMG_0135 by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

IMG_0128 by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

IMG_0132 by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

IMG_0131 by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

IMG_0128 by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

IMG_0125 by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

IMG_0122 by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

IMG_0158 by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr
Old 02-11-2018, 04:16 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

SORRY the pics are so large. I accidently posted them NOT realizing that they were the LARGE sized pictures, rather then the MEDIUM sized.
Old 02-11-2018, 05:00 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Here's a some raw video footage from the fun we had today. I wanted to get more, but the camera battery died.

https://youtu.be/YKMru7RJTUI
https://youtu.be/QRhmm-vZj6A
https://youtu.be/BeX6Az7YXXo
https://youtu.be/84fGvua227I
https://youtu.be/Yd9sbuu5SuA
https://youtu.be/tjrRytErle0
https://youtu.be/UaDhgttvSRw
https://youtu.be/sytdz_-EoIE
https://youtu.be/UXLcUZheanw
https://youtu.be/LIm1vHB5Y28
https://youtu.be/LzmjBqSpIRY
Old 02-13-2018, 08:50 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I got some goodies in the mail today! The 8 new cheapo ESC units, they arrived me. Also was the final brass stock I need to begin to build the log trucks headache rack. The nuts for the 2MM scale bolts that were acquired from RC4WD a while back came too. The bolts were direct from RC4WD, the nuts weren't available, so I ordered them from China. The local stores, Fastenall, & Tacoma Screw Products DIDN'T offer anything below 3mm.
121 by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

As soon as I get the logging truck as far along as I can go with it..............Still trying to source materials for the trailer build, then I'll be moving onto the New Bright Firetruck! Frizzy, I know that'll make you happy.
Old 02-17-2018, 11:18 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I got the motor mounts back form the machine shop today for the 4200XL excavator this afternoon.
unnamed 141 by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr
I sent BOTH mounts, & one motor to the shop, so they knew exactly what I was wanting done. When they came back, they were BOTH on the motor, & secured with the set screws. They said they packaged them together like that so that the set screws WOULDN'T get lost. That was thoughtful of them, & a nice touch of customer service too. The 4200XL Excavator is now back together again, with Soyland Industries upgraded motors in it
unnamed 137 by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

Shortly after I got home with the motor mounts, my phone rang. A feller that had a broken pop-up canopy called me about a Craigslist ad he had posted for it. He was offering it to anyone that wanted it for scrap. The legs on it are about perfect size for the telescoping metal that I need to build the logging trucks trailer. I rushed over to meet him, & pick it up. FRIZZY THANK-YOU sir for teaching me how to think OUTSIDE the box. Before I found that, I had tried EVERY source I can think of to acquire this stuff. Either it was way too large diameter wise, or had WAY too much slop (like 1/4 of an inch) when the pieces were inserted together. I had been to Metal Supermarkets as well as Onlinemetals.com (they have a branch near enough to me I drove there in person) Evilbay, ALL 8 of the LHS, from Hobby Lobby, to the small mom & pop ones, & even the arts & craft stores in the area..............NOBODY had it

Change in plans! I know that I said the New Bright fire engine would be the next project, BUT.....The Facebook group Pacific Northwest Scale Truck & Equipment (PNWSTE is hosting the next gathering on 3-10-18. There AREN'T any dozers but my lil Bruder D4 conversion. I'll be putting the Bruder D11 dozer at the top of the project list. I need to get it done for the meet. The D4 just isn't big enough to keep up with my 4200XL, now that I got er going again, let alone the OTHER 4200XL that'll be there too! The other one has been extensively modified, painted, and transformed into a Link Belt machine.
Old 02-18-2018, 12:43 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Before I got the call that the motor mounts were done fir the 4200XL, I cut the cord!
unnamed 134 by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

unnamed 135 by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

Then I had to open it up & take a peak inside
unnamed 136 by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

I've got a couple ideas how/what to do for converting this...............but they'll have to wait for another month or two. I HAVEN'T forgotten about the Subaru WRX, just had other projects in the works.
Old 02-18-2018, 02:05 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road

Sounds like you've been busy!
The excavators looking good with the better motors.

Come on, now you're just trying to flatter me. I just like poking you to work on stuff and not be afraid to try doing weird things with it. Very few here build straight kits, or leave them stock for long, so it takes some extra creativity. It's a little more fun to see what was scrounged to look and work right than seeing an unboxing pic. "If it's stupid, but it works, it's not stupid"

You set up a meet, and arranged a venue to let everybody go play and be entertaining, that's way more impressive than 'some guy on the internet said i should do a fire truck.'

Yeah, free the WRC! Ya know, that's a really nice looking Impreza...
I'd probably suggest doing the subaru before moving on to the ladder truck, since there's gonna a lot less going on in the scooby.
Old 02-23-2018, 07:33 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by frizzen View Post
Sounds like you've been busy!
The excavators looking good with the better motors.

Come on, now you're just trying to flatter me. I just like poking you to work on stuff and not be afraid to try doing weird things with it. Very few here build straight kits, or leave them stock for long, so it takes some extra creativity. It's a little more fun to see what was scrounged to look and work right than seeing an unboxing pic. "If it's stupid, but it works, it's not stupid"

You set up a meet, and arranged a venue to let everybody go play and be entertaining, that's way more impressive than 'some guy on the internet said i should do a fire truck.'

Yeah, free the WRC! Ya know, that's a really nice looking Impreza...
I'd probably suggest doing the subaru before moving on to the ladder truck, since there's gonna a lot less going on in the scooby.
We've been moderately busy. On these cold days, it is sometimes hard to get motivated to go out to the cold shop & get cracking at all those projects.

I'm excited for the meet to run the new motors in that machine. I HOPE the weather cooperates for us. Right now the ground here is frozen. I haven't even had a change to try out the new motors............YET.

I CAN'T take ALL teh credit for organizing the events. All I did was host the first event at my place. The 3 of us that were there decided it'd be awesome to have a group of folks with similar interests get together monthly for RC Construction, & trucking fun!
The Subaru is easy peezy, compared to the firetruck. It'll not much different then doing the New Bright tractor conversion.
Old 02-23-2018, 07:58 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

VOICE GET MORE RC by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr
As IF I needed to undertake MORE projects.................I saw this on one of the FB pages. I dig it! I searched for one, but was having troubles finding it. I FINALLY broke down & asked the builder where she go it from. She was nice enough to send links to it, & I bought it. Since PAPE machinery controls the CAT dealerships in the PNW (IDK about other areas, they might there too) & their trucks are all white, I plan to paint it white, & slap some PAPE logo's on it. I'll have to cut the umbilical cord off this one as well. Should be an easy conversion, I HOPE!
service truck possible RC converted by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

While I was at Fred Meyer the other day, I found these. Thinking outside the box, they may work well for trailer umbilical lines. At $o.99 each, if they DON'T work as I think they would, I have something to help repel those dam mosquitoes this summer
unnamed 142 by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

Here's a lil progress on the D11 build.
D11 being built by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr
Those lead strips are ONLY there to prevent stuff from going where I DON'T want it to go. I plan to take epoxy, a ziplock bag, & BB's to made weigh for the dozer. Since I have some bolts that hold the track assemblies on it, I MAY at some point need to remove the weights to access them bolts Once I get the weight for the front half completed, I'll move ALL them strips to the rear of the machine, where they will remain. There's some bolts at the rear too, that I may need to access in the future. If I just molded the weight WITHOUT those strips back there, it WOULDN'T be good. The weight would mold into such a shape that removal of it to access said bolts would be almost, if not impossible to do. Once the weather warms up a lil more (Currently 32 degrees here...............Epoxy directions say for use at 50 degrees & above) I'll get the weights made for it.
Old 02-24-2018, 06:36 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I made a lil progress on the Bruder D11 conversion today. The weather FINALLY wormed up enough that I was able to do some epoxy work. I mixed Epoxy, & bb's then placed them in the bags, & formed them to the cat.
unnamed194 by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

unnamed (194) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

After the rear section cures, I'll trim the plastic away, as I did the front one.

Now I've got to work on getting the electronics installed, & in working order.