RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Fire and Rescue and Emergency Vehicles

Fire and Rescue and Emergency Vehicles Here is a spot for all them important emergency vehicle builds.

Old 10-14-2017, 08:55 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1972 AMC Matador - Police

I'm interested to see how it comes out too! The white paints pretty well shot, so i'm gonna have to rework the roof and back doors, i don't want to touch the front doors much since there are no fresh decals.

Hmm, i was hoping i'd missed it and the front and back of the roof lights did the same thing. Thought i could just solder 2 red 3mm leds together back to back and drop 2 magnet wires into the car each side. That's gonna take some more thought.

Front has Red lens. Rear looks amber, or do i have sun faded red?

I did learn that the old gas schmoo the cox engine spit over everything can be cleaned with electrical contact cleaner.

I just thought the blues mobile would be funny to throw out there since i've got an old cop car. I know blues brothers was a Dodge Monaco, but this thing's got cop tires, cop shocks, cop motor that was made before cats so it'll run good on regular gas...

Mustang, man what are those Type2 VWs doing? That's the second one to get pulled over in my thread.

Any and all reference material and knowlege is appriceated!
Old 02-12-2018, 09:28 PM

Fury Fan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1972 AMC Matador - Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by frizzen View Post
I just thought the blues mobile would be funny to throw out there since i've got an old cop car.
I just noticed this - by 'I've got an old cop car' are you referring to this Matador, or a real-life copcar?

For my CNC router, it has x-y travel of about 24" x 26", but I figured out a technique to carve longer pieces in y-dimensions. I have a variety of 1/4-3/4" plywood scraps and 3/4" x __ boards.

That MI weigh station looks a little elaborate, I was thinking more of a mid-size hut with a simple slanted roof. For a fueling station, probably a small hut with 2-4 pumps under an awning of perhaps 24"x24"? The awning could have islands for the pumps, CNC excels at making clean, repetitive shapes that would be a PITA on a jigsaw or other power tool. 3D-printed pumps and other detail items would be nice if we could get Skeeter some STLs?

As with most things, the devil's in the details, and I could rough-build a structure with my router, but the details are something that would stall me.