RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 09-14-2011, 09:58 AM

IDontKnow is on a distinguished road
Default Did I miss Something?

Apparently if you have less than 50 posts now you can't have access to the Buy and Sell area?

Must have missed the messages that stated that change?

Regards,
Bill Randall
Perth, Western Australia
West Coast Remote Control Trucks Inc
It's time to get out of the rut and get into the fun!
Come visit us at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:39 PM
Green Horn

Smokin Joe is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Did I miss Something?

You're not alone. I can't see my own post in Buy and Sell!
Old 09-14-2011, 02:00 PM
Super Moderator

tc1cat is on a distinguished road

1 more post and you will be over 50, Joe, but sadly you have 16 days to get to 3 months

Sorry, Bill. This was done to stop scammers from posting like crazy just to get to the BST forum.

Please read the new rules forum at the top of the forums.
Old 09-14-2011, 02:50 PM

fuzzy is on a distinguished road

benn here almost a year, and i dod not see the change either
Old 09-14-2011, 03:13 PM
Journeyman

scalelover is on a distinguished road

Although I'm unaffected, I do feel it's a good measure to take to help all of us safe. This helps to keep spam an scams out of our forum community. Ive seen way to many people that have been taken by somebody that is new to the board or just out to make a quick buck. This will help to PREVENT that from happening, most people will not stick around long enough to run a scam and the ones that do will have to have quite a bit of info floating around by this point that it would make it very hard to get away with. It's unfortunate that these rules need to be placed on a site but there are just too many people who don't care about what they are doing.

--Dan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:05 PM

wrhby85 is on a distinguished road

I think its a great idea...too bad for me though, I might not see the BST for years Getting to 50 posts is going to take a while for anyone and in combination with the 90 day wait it should weed out the bad element. I may never get there because I don't see the point in the "nice build" posts, heck I feel guilty posting this. I may feel different if I ever get to meet any of you and we get to know each other but until then I'll just enjoy showing what work I am able to get done. Thanks for reading
Old 09-14-2011, 06:05 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

50 post and 3 months . The rules are at the top of the forum . the post bumping to get to 50 is only making you look like a fool . yes it has been implemented to keep out the scammers just to make a quick buck or the people just joining to dump their hobby and leave to evade Ebay fees adding no worth to the comunity what so ever . I believe there are a few exceptions for memmbers who have been here since the begining . DON"T quote me on it , I have to check .

thanky kindly

Old 09-14-2011, 08:12 PM
Wannabe

mazdaparts will become famous soon enoughmazdaparts will become famous soon enough

Rules are rules, abide by them or leave. You don't have to like them but you do have to follow them if you want to stay.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:39 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazdaparts View Post
Rules are rules, abide by them or leave. You don't have to like them but you do have to follow them if you want to stay.

Straight and to the point well put Mazdaparts but it had to be done to solve some on going issues that were popping up.. Could be worse it could be 300 post count like on scale they had to bump it way up to stop scamming..

HI.. My name is Paul.. And.. I.. Have a Cabover Addiction.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11 "LET IT EAT"
Like Us on Facebook "Corn Field Mafia"

Old 09-14-2011, 08:47 PM
Green Horn

rcman is on a distinguished road

I agree with the requirements too! It took me a long time to get to fifty posts but I had to wait until then. One thing I hate is spam and scammers.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:32 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Thank you for your understanding fellow hobbyists.

A lot of thought & care was put into drawing up these Rules to first & foremost protect the community as a whole.

It's unfortunate the many good ppl out there have to suffer through the consequences of a few bad ones who have alternative motives to help themselves long before ever helping anyone else.

Joe
Old 09-15-2011, 04:02 AM

androiduk is on a distinguished road

I agree with the rules and will always do my best to abide by them , I think the area that needs greater attention is the post count , after the change email and I did as I was requested , I was amazed to login a few hours later to find so many unread posts ! ! I am sure I wasnt the only one to notice this, and pretty much all of them was 3 or 4 word posts just to get up the post count.

As you all know I am a newbie here myself and so far I am impressed in the way people conduct themselves in this forum , my interactions with people have been polite and welcoming , I stand little chance of actually meeting most of you guys but I feel at home amongst you all.

Andy
Old 09-17-2011, 03:11 PM

mgb is on a distinguished road

I agree with the post count as well, I may never hit 50 but thats ok. I find this forum is one of the good ones and I just love to look at all the interesting builds and comments without all the negativity you find on other sites.
Cheers, Brett