RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 10-09-2011, 11:12 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

BRICKNICK is on a distinguished road
Default stupid question: what is a Robbe truck?

There is one for sale on evil bay, i always just browse to see the new listings of trucks and parts. So it says its a Robbe rc truck, with a monogram 1:16 aerodyne kenworth conversion. I'm familiar with the monogram 1:16 scale trucks since i do have two of them. But im not familiar with the Robbe rc trucks. Whats the deal?
Old 10-09-2011, 11:49 AM

Markus is on a distinguished road
Default Re: stupid question: what is a Robbe truck?

Hello!

Maybe you check the Robbe website: http://at.robbe-online.net/rims_at.storefront/en.

I know they had some trucks and trailers in their program.
I don't know how it is now, since their quality have not been the best.

Cheers,
Markus
Old 10-09-2011, 11:51 AM
Journeyman

scalelover is on a distinguished road

Robbe is a very well made line. Think wedico style only a but less detail included. Then they has some issues with quality so depending on when it was made It could be nice depending on price.

--Dan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by scalelover; 10-09-2011 at 11:53 AM.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:54 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura about

They are pretty spendy plastic trucks is what they are. Made over seas but there detail is pretty good they have some military stuff that is pretty cool. I seen the same truck you are looking at. They are one of them Rc company's that make everything like Kyosho and have been around for ever and a day they go way back they make it all from Boats to choppers to rc cars to off road trucks and forklifts to semis..

HI.. My name is Paul.. And.. I.. Have a Cabover Addiction.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11 "LET IT EAT"
Like Us on Facebook "Corn Field Mafia"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:59 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Robbe is a popular European RC manufacturer. They never were to popular in North America.

The model you found on E-Bay is old school. I saw that one listed earlier in the week. It's not the first one I've seen pictures of, and I don't know all the details on these Robbe kits, but from what I gather, they were one of the early scale RC big rigs, before even Tamiya came out with their's. Robbe supplied the chassis and RC components, while Monogram supplied the 1/16 scale bodies from their own line of kits. I'm not sure if it was a joint effort, but I think it was sold as a package, so one could build a scale RC big rig.

The pictures I have seen of the Robbe chassis present a pretty basic, almost crude design. Pretty much a solid chunk of c-channel for the chassis, one driven axle, one dummy tag axle, a single speed transmission, and very minimal suspension. In my humble opinion, it's definitely not worth the starting bid.

Those Monogram 1/16 scale kits are pretty nice, but are listed pretty high these days too. That's if they are sealed in the box, as a Monogram kit alone (not as a Robbe RC kit). A body alone, with the Robbe chassis, is not a complete Monogram kit, hence probably not worth as much.

I think Robbe also offered their RC chassis with the Monogram Peterbilt cab.
Old 10-09-2011, 02:25 PM
I'd rather be truckin'

Brian in PA will become famous soon enoughBrian in PA will become famous soon enough

Your right Nathan I also saw the Pete wrecker too!

Brian
Old 10-09-2011, 03:59 PM
Apprentice

Grainfarmer is on a distinguished road

I guess they are out of production for more than 10 or 12 years now. As already mentioned above the chassis and transmission of these trucks are not the best. They made a Kenworth and a Peterbilt back then. As far as I know the Monogram Kit was delivered complete with the ROBBE chassis parts. There still exist some plastic parts from the MONOGRAM kit, for example the V8 CAT engine...
Old 10-09-2011, 08:11 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Yea I'm not remotely interested in buying it at all, especially spending $900 dollars for a partial kit lol good luck to that seller. I just dont see them at all on this board or anywhere else, and I have seen the robbe name before. I just didnt know what the story was with that manufacturer. However I am very familiar with the monogram 1:16 trucks, I do have the yellow peterbilt 359 and red Kw w900. They are both built but missing parts, they are very dear and close to my heart, my father built these models along with a few others threw the insanly long nights that I kept him awake as a collic infant. My father passed away in 2003 and Im going to attempt partially rebuild them using wedico parts from pmd to replace the dumb little things like a stack and bumper or a quarter fender that are missing. So maybe you'll see this build thread for them this winter. If any one knows of some spare monogram 1:16 truck parts lying around for sale let me know. Thanks for the info on Robbe too, the knowledge on this board never ceases to amaze me.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:45 AM
On Leave

Cossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the rough

Hi bricknick, there were spare parts on ebay the other day when I was searching 1/16 1:16 model parts, there is a modified monogram kit in the Australian Rigs & Roadtrains http://rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=2911 titled "KENWORTH road train"

Cheers Tracy....

Old 10-10-2011, 09:32 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Yea I seen that gorgeous Kw roadtrain. That thing is so beautifully detailed. I had also seen the spare monogram parts on ebay, i might try for them.
Old 10-11-2011, 04:40 AM
Wannabe

Brel is on a distinguished road

this is a Robbe fork lift truck it is 1/16th scale

Last edited by Brel; 10-13-2011 at 01:40 PM.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:47 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Stuff is on a distinguished road

Robbe trucks are also 1:16 scale i believe. They are a good alternative for parts when trying to make a smaller drive line etc.
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
Old 10-13-2011, 01:25 PM

androiduk is on a distinguished road

Robbe still make a very limited range : http://www.afv-model.com/4711shop/in...216_Robbe.html the 6X6 and 4X4 look decent bits of kit although probably wont appeal to many.

Andy
Old 10-17-2011, 03:58 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Stuff is on a distinguished road

at 800 euro i can see why lol
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -