RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 03-18-2012, 07:02 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of
Default I need a second opinion.

Here is an email I sent to an R/C parts supplier and their response. After reading both tell me what is wrong with their response or am I missing some thing.

On Sat, Mar 17, 2012 at 3:14 PM, Travis Biddle wrote:

I am interested in buying the replacement valve block for the excavator but I need to know what size thread the vales have in them for the fittings to screw in to which should be the same thread size that is on the fittings you have.

valve block Part Number VVV-S0026
hyd connector Part Number VVV-S0016

Thanks
Travis Biddle

To: Travis Biddle
Sent: Sunday, March 18, 2012 2:08 AM
Subject: Re: Hyd valve and fittings

Hi Travis,

Can you take a picture and mark on it, so I know exactly which part you are asking, so I can check. thanks

-*%#$ Support Team

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 03-18-2012, 07:33 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road
Default Re: I need a second opinion.

Dude doesn't even know the product line, and there's too many way's to describe a "hose barb". Cat is famous for wierd part desription's!....Neil.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:34 PM
Green Horn

Location: Up a hill above the dirty Ohio river on the Indiana side.
rcguyfarms is on a distinguished road

the person who answered must not know the product they are selling very well.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:34 PM
Green Horn

REEVE2007 is on a distinguished road

I could see if you did a poor job of explaining what you needed that he may ask for a picture but it flat out seems as if he/she doesn't have a clue what you are referring to.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:35 PM
Green Horn

YoungGunz is on a distinguished road

Sounds like your more organized than they are! Sounds slightly unprofessional to me
Old 03-18-2012, 07:43 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

holy crap your kidding right every parts guy I went to would ask , " part # ? " I wonder if he'd let me browse his parts shelves

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:46 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

Well at least it is just not me. I told him exactly what I was looking for and gave him their part #s. I even said I was looking to buy the parts now if I was able to take pics of the parts that would mean I already had them. In that case I would have measured them my self and would not need their help. Just another case in point why RC4WD needs a phone number!!!!!!!!!!! But then again would the person on the phone have any more of a clue than the one who answered the email.

Travis

Old 03-18-2012, 09:24 PM
Journeyman

scalelover is on a distinguished road

So thats not how it works? I thought we were supposed to know all about the products before we buy them, so that we can give them the info and then they can list specs afterward..... Lmao

--Dan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:39 PM

Gregg is on a distinguished road

We see this in the RC tanking hobby all the time. Many people make the mistake of buying from large retail outlet hobby shops. Online of course and when something goes wrong or is not right to begin with the retailer has absolutely no clue as to what the customer is asking or trying to explain. So this does not surprise me a bit.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:16 AM
Green Horn

mack kid is on a distinguished road

Dont know what pics will do for him still need the number. its become worse over the years. A could parts guy would know most info off top of his head. now you need to evaluate who your talking to or your order will get messed up.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:42 AM
Green Horn

justinart24 is on a distinguished road

Their just a supplier of that part, not the manufacturer. You should be thankful you don't have to order it from China and least their replying you back to you in English.

Are you saying they should not sell parts from other manufacturers?

I would be interested to hear if you would complain about the "other" RC semi&construction website, they sell Tamiya parts...they don't manufacturer them...would you complain that they can't supply you with enough info?

Justin,

My Builds

Old 03-19-2012, 12:05 PM
Apprentice

MoRockN is on a distinguished road

Well it would help if you would've provided them with the "PART #" example : Number VVV-S0026, then took a flight down there, told him to get off the phone ( yes they do have one to order chinese just not for business use) helped him out of his chair and pointed to the part on the shelf.........LOL! I don't even know what to say

If you got it, a Trucker brought it....
Old 03-19-2012, 12:30 PM
Out of control

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinart24 View Post
Their just a supplier of that part, not the manufacturer. You should be thankful you don't have to order it from China and least their replying you back to you in English.

Are you saying they should not sell parts from other manufacturers?

I would be interested to hear if you would complain about the "other" RC semi&construction website, they sell Tamiya parts...they don't manufacturer them...would you complain that they can't supply you with enough info?

Justin,
I don't know what your problem is here but I provided them with the info needed to get a measurement. They have the parts I do not that is why I asked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No where in my post did I say they should not sell parts from other manufacturers.

You are defending them when they can't comprehend a simple question which I provided them the tools (part numbers) to answer!!!!!!!!!!

I am not complaining that they can't give me the info I wanted. I am making fun of the fact I gave them part numbers of parts I would like to buy and they asked me to take pics of the parts. If I had the parts to take a pic of them I could measure it myself.

Now if you were looking to buy a part and did not know what size thread was on it would you buy it at $250 just to find out.

Just for clarification this thread is sarcasm not complaining.

Travis

Old 03-19-2012, 12:34 PM
Green Horn

I am pretty sure they meant to say "take a picture of where your wanting information about", when they used the word "PART", you guys are thinking he doesn't know what part your talking about....but he really meant to say what "spot" on the part. Sounds like he is double checking, so he doesn't give you the wrong dimension or etc.

My Builds

Old 03-19-2012, 12:39 PM
Out of control

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinart24 View Post
I am pretty sure they meant to say "take a picture of where your wanting information about", when they used the word "PART", you guys are thinking he doesn't know what part your talking about....but he really meant to say what "spot" on the part. Sounds like he is double checking, so he doesn't give you the wrong dimension or etc.
Only one end of the fitting is threaded the other end is a hose barb!!! This really is not that hard. Once again how do I take a picture of something I don't have!!!!!!!!!

Travis

Old 03-19-2012, 01:02 PM
Out of control

OK Justin here is the reply I sent him about taking pics and his reply to that.

On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 3:53 PM, Travis Biddle wrote:

I don't have one to take a picture of or I would have measured the thread my self hence the statement "I am interested in buying the replacement valve block for the excavator" . I did include your part #s in my original email so you would know which parts I was referring to.

Thanks
Travis Biddle

Those parts you can order on our site.
So do you already have one of our Excavator? Or you planning to do something else?

-RC4WD Support Team

NOW if I had the excavator wouldn't I have a valve to take a picture of.

Travis

Old 03-19-2012, 02:24 PM
Green Horn

I see where you guys are coming from. I am guessing they are busy and understaffed and them not dealing with extremely experienced people like you guys.

I am sure that I am not the only one that have tried to sell something online, went through 40+ PMs with a member and they back out....then to figure out they were 10yrs old.

Sorry if I offended anyone, just hate to see a company lightly bashed, that bring us so many cool freaking parts. But I agree, they need more staff....but better not raise prices.

Justin,

My Builds

Old 03-19-2012, 03:22 PM
Out of control

No offence taken and I am not really bashing the company as much as the individual responding to their email. I have bought from them many times and my email is my account name so they have the ability to know who I am as well as what I have bought in the past. It just bothered me that they would put no effort into finding me an answer before replying. I have dealt with much bigger R/C companies like Castle Creations, Horizon Hobby, and Tower Hobbies all three have customer service next to none.

Travis

Old 03-19-2012, 03:36 PM
HillBilly Home Boyeee. WAZZZUP!

gun is on a distinguished road

Travis I could help you with this prob. But you'll have to send me a pic of the part and a pic of the part number and 3 proofs of pic I'd so I know its really you and please include a pic of the mail box in question! Lmao !
Old 03-19-2012, 04:07 PM
Out of control

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun View Post
Travis I could help you with this prob. But you'll have to send me a pic of the part and a pic of the part number and 3 proofs of pic I'd so I know its really you and please include a pic of the mail box in question! Lmao !
LMAO!!