RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 07-22-2015, 07:48 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Good to hear your back Cooper, hope your Dad continues to get better and your hand heals!
Old 07-22-2015, 09:31 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

of course we missed ya but the important thing is you and the family are ok. take care of that beat up carcass bud!
Old 07-22-2015, 09:42 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Bo Wallen is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Yes Cooper we missed you ! The good thing you're back ! Wish you and you're dad a speedy recovery. play time is calling.
Old 07-25-2015, 08:28 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

I'm a little lost... your initial fall, it wasn't realised that you had fractured your wrist? Then your body forced it to break?

Joe
Old 07-26-2015, 08:22 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
I'm a little lost... your initial fall, it wasn't realised that you had fractured your wrist? Then your body forced it to break?
Lol,, initial injury was about 15 yr ago, but not diagnosed as a break. Have to give into the fact that particular bone is the #1 misdiagnosed break/fracture in the er. And since then I just assumed the pain was just part of dealing with a body that's been beaten up a bit . And just recently the emergency dr X-Rays reviled a complete break but didn't know if it was from back then or from recent, couple days later swelling started pushing bones apart. Just didn't get appointment to orthopedic surgeon soon enough I guess. And now I have to see if it will grow back together in the next three weeks. Or it will definately be some more internal hardware for me. Just a real bugger to have to make do with keeping from trying to use that hand. It lets me know when to stop!! And I don't want to be in this situation any more than I have to. Nows when being self employed sucks!! Lol!!
Old 07-26-2015, 08:40 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
Nows when being self employed sucks!! Lol!!
10-4 on that count... and finding good help to fill in while you're on the mend, forget about it!

So what summer business projects get put on hold now while you're in a cast?

Joe
Old 07-26-2015, 09:03 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

A couple under 10k building projects, and basically anything else that comes up!! The jobs come and go but the rental income is steady so I'm more just gonna be really board and grumpy that I can't do much!! And I am really trying not to get dirt, grass clippings, oil, aluminum chips, and whatever else into this cast!! It's already gotten old having duct tape and trash bagging my arm to shower. I can't imagine what stuff might be growing in/on it three weeks from now. And with high heat and humidity outside not sweating just doesn't happen. Have to get blade back on dozer (adjusted track tensioner) and I'll be in good shape to do some work with the electric over hydraulics controls
Old 08-04-2015, 08:41 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Well,, that was a pic of second trip to er to get fluid drained and then a few days after going to ortho and purple cast. They didn't have black so I figured dark purple would hide the dirt, grease, oil, or whatever I'm not supposta get into from showing. Next is another trip to ortho on the 11th, find out if surgery or not. And by the way things feel, it's getting worse than better. Didn't sleep much last night from throbbing. Maybe chopping wood over weekend wasn't a good idea. . Just split some kindling to start a fire at camp. Seriously I've been trying to baby it as the last thing I want is more appointments with dr and cast for any longer than necessary. And the sad part is having the radio on my lap to control dozer/excavator aggravates it just by moving my pointer finger. And ya can't get much more less effort than moving the sticks on our radios!!! Maybe some pain meds in order to play with toys!! Don't want to go that way as pain is your friend, (usually telling ya something wrong). Maybe some short videos are just what the doctor may order!!!
Old 08-04-2015, 08:42 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Dang it photobucket!! Wrong pic
Old 08-04-2015, 09:35 PM
Apprentice

jack van is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
A couple under 10k building projects, and basically anything else that comes up!! The jobs come and go but the rental income is steady so I'm more just gonna be really board and grumpy that I can't do much!! And I am really trying not to get dirt, grass clippings, oil, aluminum chips, and whatever else into this cast!! It's already gotten old having duct tape and trash bagging my arm to shower. I can't imagine what stuff might be growing in/on it three weeks from now. And with high heat and humidity outside not sweating just doesn't happen. Have to get blade back on dozer (adjusted track tensioner) and I'll be in good shape to do some work with the electric over hydraulics controls
hmm i would ask for a plastic cast you can do anything like shower and even swim with it and best of all you can clean it if your carefull
Old 09-09-2015, 04:15 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Well it's been a while but I'm getting back into swing of things. Made a couple videos diggin some saplings growing on the side of my playpen. Haven't had time to upload but hopefully some internet time tonight. Just spent some time redoing the rx/tx settings to the lowboy trailer I mistakenly deleted a while ago.
Had to drain and rebuild the cylinders on the hoe, I used a neoprene backed washer to secure the Pistons to the rods. Found out the rubber material was not oil friendly and started to break down into small pieces. So anyone else using the rubber-backed washers from micro fasteners,,, they are not oil resistant. !! Perfect for my style of learning,,, learning what not to do then learning what works. But the good news was all my seals were holding up and didn't need replacing but while it was apart I installed new. I bought 100+ oil o-rings for like $2 from McMaster. So the .20$ was no big deal, just hope no pieces got into valves. So far so good. And I have to get my but to work on some type of screening plant, get the conveyor working!! Lots of projects, lots to do!!! Should be getting back into the company business now!!! And will get some more videos soon.
Going to try and get to both showers coming up next month.
Old 09-09-2015, 04:17 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Oops, not going to the "showers" but to the shows!!! Darn spell checker!!!
Old 09-09-2015, 05:19 PM
Journeyman

Mikem is on a distinguished road

It's gonna be great to see your videos and builds ! Mike
Old 09-09-2015, 06:24 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

bigford is an unknown quantity at this point

its good to hear your doing better!!
Old 09-09-2015, 08:32 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

Glad your back RW. No need to rush back into things , you'll never catch up to a on going build list, you just have to carry on where you left off.

My learn hard way then do it right lately?.....make sure your power connection is fool proof! Don't just say to yourself " one is marked red, one is marked black. I'll never screw that up "
Old 09-09-2015, 10:21 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Lol Mario, !!! And that is why I buy the cheep hobbyking esc's when I can!! And usually buy two of them!! The best advise I herd someone say when gettin into a hobby was, " if you think you can figure things out yourself and don't want to read the directions, take a bundle of money (twice as much as you are spending on the cheep stuff) and find a nice place in your back yard, some lighter fluid and a match. Dowse the pile of money with the lighter fluid, light the match, let it burn. Now, 1) you just saved yourself a lot of time, 2) you got a better show by actually seeing your money burn and not just smoke, 3) now listen to others advise and read the instructions, buy cheep what you can and buy quality where you need !!" Sometimes I really think one of these days I'm going to burn some cash or realize I should read more!!!
Mikem, I'm thinking I may try and build a articulated dump truck over winter and soon get into a makeshift screening plant or shaker table??!?!
Yes mark, it's good to finally start having some "fun time" been backlogged too long on work stuff, it's nice to finally see some daylight at the end!!
Old 09-10-2015, 09:12 AM

headers is on a distinguished road

Hey Cooper I sent you a pm
Old 09-10-2015, 10:48 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Got it headers , tpctools off eBay. For the money they have been great dro units, got o e for mill and lathe.
Old 09-10-2015, 04:12 PM

headers is on a distinguished road

Thanks Cooper
Old 09-12-2015, 09:35 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

http://youtu.be/9r_wbn5Pt_8

A video of backfilling the pit from digging a tree root system up. A little jerky with some movements as I still had a cast on wrist.