RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 01-02-2017, 10:20 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: dresser TD40B dozer

Looks great Steve!! On that sabertoith, I found out my problem, when it would find a false neutral and start running when sticks were centered,,, from what I could understand they have an inbuilt logic that finds neutral when started and is constantly comparing forward,neutral, and reverse. If you start going forward right away and keep going sometimes it will sense that as the neutral. I may not be explaining it well but the short version is if you guys use sabertoith and it creeps or runs when it shouldn't be. Stop disconnect power, re power up and let sit in neutral fro a while then move forward /backward and let sit a couple seconds in neutral. Usually not a problem with most models but dozers often go one direction for a while. Basically if you power up start going forward for longer than it sat in neutral it may think that is the neutral position and logically adjust accordingly. ?!?? And for me it seems to be working. Don't know if it is a certain timeframe of batches built or all?
And take my input for what it's worth, not much. But I was about to buy a new one because I thought my was problematical until I found this info.

Can't wait to see this in person Steve. I'll stay on the other end of the dirt pile with the lightweight d11!!!! Still envious of track links!!! Wonder if they wil fit the d11? Ever see a td40 on blocks after someone swiped the tracks??! hahaha
Old 01-02-2017, 10:31 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

9W Monighan will become famous soon enough9W Monighan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
Looks great Steve!! On that sabertoith, it may think that is the neutral position and logically adjust accordingly. ?!?? hahaha
IT"S POSSESSED ! KILL DOZER!!!!
Old 01-02-2017, 10:34 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

9W Monighan will become famous soon enough9W Monighan will become famous soon enough

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU73kzrhWig

Old 01-11-2017, 01:36 PM

scottyk is on a distinguished road

Just went thru this whole build thread, amazing work man! That drive system and the tracks have an amazing amount of engineering and machining time into them. I love it, well done
Old 01-11-2017, 06:37 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

Ha , yea kill Dozer may be a good name for it as in killing planet gears that are not hardened . I shoulda stayed with the drill planetaries they're hardened . At 18.5 volts , this beast has tremendous amount of torque It has no problem loosening frozen coal .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:58 PM
Wannabe

JDH429 is on a distinguished road

Steve, thats a hefty looking machine. Original idea too, not the same old Cat thing thats getting over done these days. Maybe you can lose the skidsteer and run this bad boy instead.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:29 PM

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

Thank you Jason I got another Dresser up my sleeve
My Da, the ME, came up yesterday morning and we discussed the planetary issue . I just got to get as big of gears as I can get in the hub . Hopefully I can get the parts ordered tomorrow from HPC gears without too much trouble .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-21-2017, 12:46 AM
Wannabe

JDH429 is on a distinguished road

I hope so too, and it works out for you. I enjoy the challenge of the build as much as the next guy, but sometimes its nice to just get it running the way you want to without getting to discouraged. Its always worth it, and this one definitely will be.
Old 04-01-2017, 08:55 PM
HillBilly Home Boyeee. WAZZZUP!

gun is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: dresser TD40B dozer

Looking good Steve, so what's next?
Old 04-05-2017, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun View Post
Looking good Steve, so what's next?
Finish house addition/start on new shop and work on getting my excavators done .

Old 01-15-2018, 09:03 AM

Long over do update pics of the new planetaries . I'm trying flicker I got a bunch of run time at cabin fever over the weekend till tracks clogged up by Saturday end of day and slipped the motor sprocket in the 1st reduction ( made weak on purpose to protect the planetaries ) on 1 side .

IMG_2557 by Steve Ingraham, on Flickr

IMG_2560 by Steve Ingraham, on Flickr

Old 01-15-2018, 04:15 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Northern Farmer is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: dresser TD40B dozer

Nice work Steve