RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 12-12-2012, 10:11 AM
Apprentice

D8R is on a distinguished road
Default Re: dresser TD40B dozer

Interesting with those 90 degrees drives, what´s the designation on them and who´s selling? Have only seen straight ones before, bought a couple of Bosch´s drills but couldn´t take them apart (front end).

Dan
(Pm sent)
Old 12-12-2012, 02:59 PM
Dozer Builder

td9clyde will become famous soon enoughtd9clyde will become famous soon enough

dewalt right angle cordless drills.........the only way i have been able to get the chucks off the drills is to strategically cut peices off at a time and doing this carefully not to damage the shaft too bad and thats on any drill so far lol
Old 12-12-2012, 03:52 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by td9clyde View Post
dewalt right angle cordless drills.........the only way i have been able to get the chucks off the drills is to strategically cut peices off at a time and doing this carefully not to damage the shaft too bad and thats on any drill so far lol
yea these have been ground off they where stuck on pretty good . fortunately I ground the flat spot on the shaft at the same time

Dan ,got your PM an replied I spent a bunch of ebay time and saw 1 of them as a motor gear box only and the bulb blew

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-16-2012, 05:23 PM

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

I did a little bit Saturday spent today trying to get rid of a major headache

thought I mount the pump up front and put a fan blade on the back of the motor as to dual purpose the pump motor .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-16-2012, 06:18 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

Looking good Steve, keep it up!
Cheer's, Neil.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:43 PM

thanks, Neil

free 2 mill hrs today still need to run the screen center pieces , Will be in Brass so I can silver solder the lil hinge parts on . The dresser badge on the real 1 is just a decal , I just had to add my touch I use to run the baby(TD12) version of this 1 till my dad traded it for another koering 6605 I miss it

Old 12-18-2012, 04:11 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

9W Monighan will become famous soon enough9W Monighan will become famous soon enough

You're getting more done than I am. Right now I'm trying to decipher what I last drew back a few months ago on my 9W.
Are they cutting that old 40?
Old 12-18-2012, 04:41 PM

thats up in sask CA It's an old pic (2011 I believe ) for sale then Not sure now . I was hoping to work on the tracks over the holiday . Not sure now unless I chance the only Tian .375 I have $ not in the coffers yet and when it comes, no time to get more in for when I want to doo them . Will see how crazy I am I chanced my last .045 tonight on the grill I just went real conservative on the DOC . If I doo get crazy , I'll cut out the blade arms out of a chunk of 1" steel that I cut the counter weight out of for the 990

looks like the mill got a lil glitchy on the last R It did that on some other parts for some bodies

Old 12-18-2012, 07:10 PM
Journeyman

tracksntreadslou is on a distinguished road

Looking good steve..Gona be a workhorse for sure ..Im an IH man myself too..got some fine tuning on the 25c to do too...should drag that out and get back at er ..We just sold my late fathers 25c..lucky we got 25K..Old iron doesnt fetch much these days ..I also heard that local contractors are having to install catalytic converters on their equipment these days ..pretty pricey.
Hey did dressa incorperate the 3 speed steering clutches ..worked pretty slick
Old 12-19-2012, 06:19 AM

I did some weight calcs on the blade arms I think Alum will be more appropriate or a box beam . I'd rather mill them though

lou, I'm not sure if drestta continued with the 2 speed steering . I assume so . the newest I've been on is my 89 TD8E . the TD12 we had for some reason had a 466 in it instead of the spec'd 414 . Man the blade could push . yea the iron Is not fetching much anymore . My 307 went for 8500 got tied of fire selling , told my old man it can sit here and rot for all I care . At least I can still use it on the land or pull another landol up the drive with a machine

Old 12-20-2012, 02:06 PM
Dozer Builder

we need update pics lol hows your build comming?
Old 12-20-2012, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by td9clyde View Post
we need update pics lol hows your build comming?
well just crashed my --------r ---------n .5 em and needed it so I'm done fer the --------n holiday

Old 12-20-2012, 02:30 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post
well just crashed my --------r ---------n .5 em and needed it so I'm done fer the --------n holiday
That sucks Steve! It's lookin great though! I love the it! Makes me want a dozer too

Reg
Old 12-20-2012, 02:32 PM
Dozer Builder

awwww man!!!! I know how needing things to be able to build and not having them and it sucks and i am always checking in to see the progress on the 40 can't wait to see it moving dirt
Old 12-20-2012, 02:39 PM

IDK this mill gets in a goofy mood sometimes I gotta cool of a min. or 2 I'll try a dull 1 . It just pizzes me off cause those buggers are not cheap . . yep the beach will not save tool offsets all of a sudden

Last edited by ihbuilder; 12-20-2012 at 02:40 PM. Reason: stoopid auto spell
Old 12-20-2012, 05:11 PM

well looks like cam error and being a long program , the code gets fuzzy looking over it . this bloody cam doesn't post my tool changes right for my mill even after tweaking the post processor . Therefor , I have to go through and edit the offsets I'll be glad when I can finally get a good pro package

Old 12-20-2012, 05:59 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

9W Monighan will become famous soon enough9W Monighan will become famous soon enough

Draw the offsets and then program on tool center just make sure of the tool diameter will work everywhere.
Old 12-20-2012, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9W Monighan View Post
Draw the offsets and then program on tool center just make sure of the tool diameter will work everywhere.
When I generate My program (post ) the line for the tool offset when I call for tool change generates like :
T17M06
G43H0 D01

it should be :
T17M06
G43H17 D017

If I miss the H (hight ) it will bury the tool depending on FLZ . Basically G43H17 D017 tells the control what the offsets are for the specific tool . I've talked to visual mill tech about this , and they told me I don't need it , just erase it if they're right or not , IDK My thinking it should be there . On the good note I'm rollin now Just need to adjust some stick out on 1 of the tools for clearance .

Old 12-20-2012, 06:48 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

To quote "Kryten" from "Red Dwarf", maybe the mill need's a mental enema!

Cheer's, Neil.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:58 AM

funny Neil I always want to blame the dumb mill but it only does what it's told 99.9% of the time It's told to do it right

for Henry

hog out the meat with a 1.125" EM