RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 04-11-2015, 11:08 PM
Wannabe

andyathome is on a distinguished road
Default Re: S&M construction open for bizz nizz!

blade tilt looks good, what size servo are you using and will it take a lot of load.
and Im with you on the cabin fever thing.
not too many shows in New Zealand, and nothing ive seen on the scale its done in Europe.

the mrs wants to go to the states and Canada , as ive already been I think we will have to time it when there is a rc show on.( wink wink)
problem is it will probably cost me a fortune with carry on luggage on the return trip.

cheers andy
Old 04-12-2015, 11:19 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyathome View Post
blade tilt looks good, what size servo are you using and will it take a lot of load.
and Im with you on the cabin fever thing.
not too many shows in New Zealand, and nothing ive seen on the scale its done in Europe.

the mrs wants to go to the states and Canada , as ive already been I think we will have to time it when there is a rc show on.( wink wink)
problem is it will probably cost me a fortune with carry on luggage on the return trip.

cheers andy
Thanks Andy. Yes, I'd imagine flying with a load of RC's would definitely be exspensive and a hassle.
I'm still learning and getting an idea of what torque specs and actual strength they achieve. These 2 micro servos are rated @ 2.5 kg torque each. I'm hoping they will keep the blade firm and if not I'll have to try a stronger type. I'm not sure what the highest torq micro servo is? Oh, and not cost a fortune.
Old 04-12-2015, 11:33 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

bigford is an unknown quantity at this point

hey Mario
this was the view from cabin fever today
Old 04-13-2015, 04:23 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigford View Post
hey Mario
this was the view from cabin fever today

now that's great to see! so atleast the hat made it to cabin fever. Come **** or high water I have to be there next year! You guys had a great looking set up.
Old 04-17-2015, 06:30 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Weather has finally taken a turn for the good. should be back in the yard soon. In the meantime I have the dozer with new blade tip function to try in the rubber pile. Sadly I forgot about how weak the BEC is in a Sabertooth controller. It keeps cutting out as I try to run the 2 micro servos on the blade. So now I wait once again for who knows how long until the extra BEC arrives.....
Anxious to try with the servonaut sound and new radio I said the heck with blade tip for now and give it a test!

http://youtu.be/_9FBDL8mlQA
Old 04-17-2015, 08:28 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road

Nice Mario!!! You unwittingly made me start looking for a sound card!! $&*##!!

Yup, I kept the hat slobber free!! I was going to suprize you and get a hat at the local cat dealer and feed to dog so i could mess with ya !! But he has had too many hats, shoes, remotes, belts and I definately don't want to encourage him!! He doesn't really like cats anyway!!! Lol!!! And knowing cat stuff a hat is probably $50. !!! I did get a free track shovel from them, only had to buy a skidsteer!!
Old 04-20-2015, 08:33 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
Nice Mario!!! You unwittingly made me start looking for a sound card!! $&*##!!
I seem to have that effect on people.

Glad you like and wore the hat to the show. I hate to burst your bubble but..... 10 bucks Canadian for the hat so don't feel bad if it accidently gets chewed, It can be replaced.
Old 04-20-2015, 09:00 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

S&M trucking and construction had a big corporate meeting this evening.
Looking back on last year we realized about 80% of funds and focus went into starting the open pit and creating a screening area. Because of this focus the trucking division really took a nosedive. The highway trucks only ran once at the Clifford show and never did run in the backyard!
Yes, that's almost shelf queen status! So to prevent that this season, the company has decided to invest the months of May - July in trucking infrastructure and then continue open pit work July - sept.
It only makes sense. All my RC buddies in southern Ontario have trucks and if I want them to come up here And run in my park, nothing but a big open pit and pile of dirt ain't gonna help !
Old 04-20-2015, 09:02 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

bigford is an unknown quantity at this point

cool video i'll take 3 hats @ $10. each at my cat dealer here there $34.99 each
Old 04-20-2015, 09:17 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigford View Post
cool video i'll take 3 hats @ $10. each at my cat dealer here there $34.99 each
Sorry Mark, it's all about the barter system. I got a belt so I gave him a hat!
Old 04-20-2015, 10:51 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Hey Mario, if you are at work and have some info on d11 regular (u blade ?) or good pics, don't have to be a good quality but good idea of angles, I could use um. Working on making a new dirt blade instead of the coal blade I originally built. I've been taking numbers off a norscot 1:50 model but it's not the same dirt blade I've been looking at in the shop book.Only if you have access to something like that and it's not out of your way. Guess I would owe you then . Lol!!

What are you going to do for roads in the backyard? Just dirt or you planning on something harder?
Old 04-21-2015, 05:56 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
What are you going to do for roads in the backyard? Just dirt or you planning on something harder?
For now I'm going to stick with shingles. I'm still figuring out where the roads are going and have already moved them around 3-4 times.
It's a quick non permanent way to get an idea of how it's all going to work. And very cheap, I go to the damaged shingle pile at the lumber yard and get the bundles for 12 bucks.
I'd say 50% of the road is written in stone and won't be moved. That's where I want to start using dirt from the open pit as a road base under the shingles for a season then following year remove shingles, wire mesh and pour cement?
Another option I'm thinking about is cold patch asphalt. Considering I have a lot of road it's too much cash to buy it at the store. I'm working on maybe getting some from a buddy in the city roads dept. .
Old 04-21-2015, 06:25 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Don't know about you Canadians!! Just too devoted and too ambitious!!! Lol!!! I'm just jealous , I'm afraid if I branch out and install any road, I need to build one about 50' to the future tree stump dig site, from the open pit that it may keep getting debris dropped on it (dogasaurisrex) or even dug up by dogazilla!!! Sometimes a spade shovel is full from the not so fun to dig in dog dirt !! I like the idea of shingles, have lots of them to use
Old 04-21-2015, 08:15 PM
Journeyman

Mikem is on a distinguished road

Hey cooper you need to fence the road off to keep all your livestock of the highway . Mike
Old 04-25-2015, 10:54 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

So that's it! No more talking about next year, no more thinking about " the plan " ......it's time to dig!
First time in the pit today and I'm loving it! All been worth the wait and looking forward to the next few months
Still more impressed with the HK hoe. Only run a few times in the rubber this winter and yet , drop it in the pit and go dig. No glitches, no leaks.
New plan this year is to ease up on the wear n tear ripping at the roots so now I cheat a little...my version of dynamite, I chop up a section I want to dig with a spade shovel first to cut up the roots and seems to work well so far.

Enough chatter, sorry no time for pics. Too busy taking a couple vids and digging dirt in...... "The best RC park in eastern Canada"

http://youtu.be/S-AysDCl9PU

http://youtu.be/PbK0Y0dsOJc

http://youtu.be/lAfeWdmb6WQ

http://youtu.be/irdQYTmP9-A
Old 04-26-2015, 01:07 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road

Looks like the fun has started!
Old 04-26-2015, 12:33 PM
Wannabe

thebigo is on a distinguished road

Spring/ Summer is here, Looks like your having fun Mario. Cooper brought up a good question, roads, are you going to use your shingles again or just dirt?
Old 04-26-2015, 09:10 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigo View Post
Spring/ Summer is here, Looks like your having fun Mario. Cooper brought up a good question, roads, are you going to use your shingles again or just dirt?
Definitely having fun. No bugs, not super hot out and the ground is moist makes for a great day in the park
Going to stay with shingles again this year. It was just today I moved the road again in a few places as I figure out where stuff will go. Eventually I want something more permanent and solid. Maybe cold patch asphalt or crusher fines and concrete powder next year.
Old 04-27-2015, 06:28 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I must start this post with an apology to RCP57.
I'm sorry Reg, I will never bust your chops about using big equipment when you could do it RC size in your compound.
I am now guilty of the same. It's time to start changing the screener area layout and had a lot of dirt to move. Could've been done with rc but would have taken all summer just to move the dirt! So i broke out the shovel and wheelbarrow once again. . Like Flatdeck said , sometimes a job calls for a big shovel.

Not complete yet, still have to make a retaining wall for where the screener will go but you'll get the idea. And the flat bar is an approx location and angle of the conveyors. A 4ft at the dump zone and a 6ft from the screener to a storage hopper.

Also got the fencing up around the pit and added some new rocks for berms.

The rocks I'm using are unique themselves. I've collected them found in the belly pans and boxes of underground equipment. So these rocks are from over 2,000 ft underground, solid rock that's been blasted and mined...... Kinda cool I think.

Old 04-27-2015, 08:16 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

Hey Mario, no hard feelings!lol The way I see it some things just aren't realistically accomplished by the RC stuff. If someone wants to take years to move some dirt or have it done in a week by using life size equipment that's OK either way. We all have different ideas on what is fun and how to have it. I still used toys to build my play area, they just happened to be life size. For me I am more interested in getting my main area established and then fine tuning it with the toys. I think that is what you are tying to accomplish too! I like what you are doing so far! Once the sort area is finished there will be a lot going on there to keep you busy! I like the rocks too! I have a big rock on our front steps that we caught on our longline gear years ago. We hauled it up out of 100+ fathoms of water in Barkley Canyon off the coast here. I figured if it made it to the surface from that depth while only being held by one little fish hook it must be worth keeping!