RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 02-07-2015, 09:07 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamer View Post
Depending on how many channels your transmitter has, just throw another receiver back there in the trailer and plug into the channels you're not using on the tractor. You can link as many receivers to a transmitter as you want in parallel. If you want two dump boxes to go up together just plug the ESC into the same port on both receivers and they'll both work together! Also you'll have to get a BEC to power up the receiver back in the trailer unless you have an ESC for a screw drive or something else
Rob
Thanks rob, what I have in mind; drive truck with trailer loaded and park, (have to instal a servo for fifth wheel lock) unlock trailer- switch rx on radio, lower landing legs on trailer, switch rx to truck, pull away, switch back to trailer and lower gooseneck, remove equipment, raise gooseneck, hook back up and drive away. All from a nice lounge chair equipped with cup holder!! No wires to unhook, no connections to make. I'm not having lights (yet) so electrical between truck and trailer isn't issue. If in future I will make some sort of contact points to keep in said lounge chair lol!! As my wife listened to what I had in mind, staring at me with a blank stair after I explained ,,, only to reply with I am the poster child of sloth!!! Haha!!
Old 02-07-2015, 10:05 PM
Journeyman

tracksntreadslou is on a distinguished road

lmao ..I have to say this is the most entertaining thread on this whole forum ..Like reading a good book ..cant put it down ..great humour lots of wildlife and to top it off some great building ..always look forward to the updates Coop ..nice work buddy
Old 02-08-2015, 04:12 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Always trying to entertain

And now my mothers on my hit list!! She dropped this off!! Said she will find it a home- not my home I hope!! Why? I'm not really that much of an animal lover!!! Lol!! I know I should have taken that old couch and put it in my shop/garage,, along with the tv from camper, already have a fridge!! Would be like moving into parents house and living in garage!! It's my favorite place to be anyway!!!
Not what I want!!!!!!!'

Anyway I changed up suspension after looking on net to figure out how the air ride works. Still need to figure how to attach axle and mock airbag. One step at a time I suppose. Never have a plan just figure it out as I go.
Old 02-08-2015, 07:09 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Old 02-09-2015, 10:32 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Got the back frame welded. Not without issues, had to scrap the first one because of the cheep welding table I have, not flat, and it had a major slant to the I beams. Compensated for that and this one came out true

Milled the edges on all arms to have a round corner. The ends are rough as I haven't figured out the airbag location yet.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:41 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

And the night ending process, (with issues again!)
Milled this acetal rod to act as an all in one spacer between wheels and suspension arms.

After questioning my measurements a few times I cut the part. Well I now know why I was questioning my numbers.

Then numbers are good but I forgot to compensate for the darn size of tool!!!!!!! The axle is supposta encompass top and bottom of arms. Have to slide them into axle then the actual axle rod into place. It secures everything together. And yes it's a solid fixed no torsion axle, just the springs. I figure for model it will help keep load from rocking much. Don't know but it seems logical to me?
Old 02-10-2015, 04:00 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

It's good to see other ppl have those sorts of brain farts too.

Joe
Old 02-10-2015, 11:23 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

bigford is an unknown quantity at this point

that last pic looks like the new math they are trying to teach my kids
Old 02-10-2015, 12:32 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road

"As my wife listened to what I had in mind, staring at me with a blank stair after I explained ,,, only to reply with I am the poster child of sloth!!! Haha!!"

Are you sure she's not going to replace you with a real sloth? It would fit right in! LOL

All seriousness aside the trailers looking good and thanks for telling us what went wrong cuz I couldn't see it in the numbers.
Old 02-10-2015, 02:58 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUCKMAKER View Post
"As my wife listened to what I had in mind, staring at me with a blank stair after I explained ,,, only to reply with I am the poster child of sloth!!! Haha!!"

Are you sure she's not going to replace you with a real sloth? It would fit right in! LOL

All seriousness aside the trailers looking good and thanks for telling us what went wrong cuz I couldn't see it in the numbers.
Oh no!! I didn't even think of her adding another lazy resident!!!! lol!!!

Yeah I didn't see it in the numbers either!!! I was nervous cutting the slots, even with it being plastic had to make several deeper cuts, couldn't figure what went wrong when I pulled the part and trial fitted. Then like a fool stuffing two pounds of poo into a one pound bag it hit me!!! Then I calmly turned out lights n went to bed!!

This was what I was aiming for

Second pic is with an axle inverted just to show top and bottom.
Old 02-10-2015, 03:07 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Hit up the local overpriced parts store for an assortment of springs, trying to figure out the suspension and problem hiding springs,,,,,,,,

Then it hit me like my wife catching me watching the woman's football league, I made up some simple foam cutters

I used some shrink wrap but it is too hard and too small, didn't look right, this is what I ended up with, the foam. It looks similar to a bag, still a touch small in diameter but it works. I'm thinking of tacking some m3 threaded rod (cuz I have it) to the frame, passing it through spring and adding a nut on bottom of arm. That way the axle can't extend too far if off ground.
Old 02-10-2015, 04:29 PM

Radar is on a distinguished road

Man that is lookin good I like the bags that is a great idea. I can't what until u start the gooseneck! It's going to be a nice trailer
Old 02-10-2015, 04:39 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

bigford is an unknown quantity at this point

scissor neck, radar
Old 02-10-2015, 05:21 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Coop, did you try some large diameter shrink tube over one to see what it looks like. Just a thought. It looks like you could stand on that trailer with out issue.
Old 02-10-2015, 06:33 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Coop, did you try some large diameter shrink tube over one to see what it looks like. Just a thought. It looks like you could stand on that trailer with out issue.
Yes, in the pic above with brass tube I used for cutter, right above the spring with foam is a spring with black shrink on it.

Yes, she will haul some tail!! I may need to build a truck with proper gearing and suspension. The Aeromax is just stock, sleeper chopped off, other than having a high turn motor. Well I'll find out, drive it till something breaks I guess.
Old 02-10-2015, 06:44 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I did see that, I was wondering about it over the foam.
Old 02-10-2015, 08:02 PM

Radar is on a distinguished road

Sorry scissor neck in still excited to see it
Old 02-10-2015, 09:25 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
I did see that, I was wondering about it over the foam.
Oh, I don't have shrink bigger than the springs. But messing with it I think the rubber shrink (vinyl, whatever it is) will be too stiff. All I want to do is hide the springs and I think the foam will do.
Cleaned up the arms a bit.

And this is what I had in mind for retaining axles from just dropping out if off ground. It's m3 rod, cut to 1" and then I'll tack it to frame. Will have a washer and locknut on bottom. The hole in aluminum arm is large enough to prevent binding in the little bit of travel. As the arm with spring has a bit of arc in the travel.

Old 02-10-2015, 09:32 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
Man that is lookin good I like the bags that is a great idea. I can't what until u start the gooseneck! It's going to be a nice trailer
Thanks, always a work in progress . Yeah,,,, the neck part,,,,,,, I can't wait till that too . Eager and not as I'm sure some fried brains are in store for that

Oh and the springs are set into the arms .2" makes me a bit more planted. They will just rest on frame.
Old 02-11-2015, 05:08 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Suspension done, I will have to get some weaker springs. After setting all axles up and putting some weights on her, it's apperent the springs are way too stiff. I could almost stand on it and not bottom them out!!!

Now onto welding the sides to main frame. Have to do this so I can attach (or figure out how to) it to wheel frame then start working on the "fun " part