RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > Get it out of your system! HERE!

Get it out of your system! HERE! You have a gripe,bone to pick, Tamiya vs Wedico or just have to let it out! THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE TO DO IT!

Old 04-21-2015, 02:59 PM

GjtBob is on a distinguished road
Default SERIOUSLY?!!

What the heck Tamiya? We pay $300 for one of your kits, and you can't design decals that actually have the things activate at all? I've spent over an hour soaking, trying, re-soaking, re-trying several decals to apply to the Dadsboard, and NOT A SINGLE ONE has worked! This is unacceptable in a model kit in this price range. Heck, the cheap I snap together kits from Wally World have decals that actually work. I'm NOT a happy modeler right now.
Old 04-21-2015, 03:13 PM

Default Re: SERIOUSLY?!!

Well now don't I feel like an IDIOT! I just now figured out that they are NOT decals, but STICKERS! Sometimes I amaze myself with how dumb I can be. Geeez!
Old 04-21-2015, 03:19 PM

chris deacon is on a distinguished road

ohhh dear lol
Old 04-21-2015, 03:54 PM
Super Moderator

tc1cat is on a distinguished road

While I have not made this mistake!! I still have not figured out why Tamiya insists upon using stickers in its large scale kits instead of decals. Really spoils the looks of the trucks to use the stickers. I am surprised that more companies have not produced decals for the trucks yet.
Old 04-21-2015, 05:12 PM

Well, to add insult to injury, the directions actuall DO refer to them as "Stickers", I'm kind of laughing about it now, but I stand by thinking they should be more direct in their instructions. And I agree, they're not the best looking decals once applied, but being my first build, I'll let them go as far as the Dashboard, but I'm certainly glad I chose to use the Parma Paint Masks, to get my desired paint scheme. I can just imagine how I'd have reacted if I'd been trying to put the stripes on the body.
Old 04-21-2015, 08:05 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GjtBob View Post
Well now don't I feel like an IDIOT! I just now figured out that they are NOT decals, but STICKERS! Sometimes I amaze myself with how dumb I can be. Geeez!
If your man enough to fess up so can I.

First sticker I tried on my first build, soaked it in water and wondered why the heck won't it come off the backing???

Took a closer look at it and had a good chuckle

Your not alone .
Old 04-22-2015, 12:09 AM
Green Horn

crisis time is on a distinguished road

OK while we telling truths I have to admit I did it too
Old 04-22-2015, 05:09 AM
On Leave

Cossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the rough

I must be the odd one out, cause when I did the dash on my first truck the decals felt a little to thick compared to my smaller scale ones and I just pealed them off and just cut them to size,
But yes I was a little disappointed to when I realized they were stickers, maybe there thinking is the trucks and trailer are going to be run thought all sorts of crap and they would be easier to maintain..........

Cheers Tracy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-22-2015, 05:19 PM
Journeyman

Radio Control Trucker is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: SERIOUSLY?!!

I've always found that the Tamiya stickers were clean and simple to use. If you apply them and then spray a clear coat over them it appears like it's part of your original paint job. Several people have commented to me about how amazing my trucks look and have asked me just how I've managed to get such straight pin-stripes on my trucks. I tell them it's stickers and they just can't believe it.

- RCT

"Keep the Shiny-side Up, the Dirty-side Down & Keep 'er to the Line."
Old 04-27-2015, 06:30 PM

Wiskybilt is on a distinguished road

Good thinking on the clear coat cover up. I used that same thing on my 1:1 scale ford dually