RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Equipment Tech

Construction Equipment Tech Hydraulics, Electronics, General Engineering, ect in constr equip

Old 01-28-2012, 10:35 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

SmallHaul will become famous soon enoughSmallHaul will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Leimbach pump motor options?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
Great video. Seems like you found a winner there. Amp draw seems very reasonable!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
Well done Scott.

My 922 is the only one I ever put a guage on & I set the press to 15bar (210psi).

The older two hoes, the press could have been higher, I had an amp meter wired in thru the plug... cyls moving - 1.1, no movement - 2.1amp.

Your due dillengence has paid off & benifited all of us. Thank you.
You are welcome Joe. The info you gave me on the rpm to shoot for is what made me try the rc4wd 80T so, thank you too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcguyfarms View Post
that motor seems to be working better then I experienced with mine. I wounder if my pump is out of wack.
You might not have been feeding the voltage and load that the motor operates at the most efficiently. I started out by feeding the motor 7.2 volts and when the cylinder speed wasn't fast enough I kept raising the voltage in small amounts until I found the most speed, least pressure & least current draw... The sweet spot for this motor, pump & fluid was around 8.3 volts, .5 amps and about 190psi.

"No load is too Small"
Old 01-29-2012, 12:29 PM
Green Horn

Location: Up a hill above the dirty Ohio river on the Indiana side.
rcguyfarms is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallHaul View Post
You might not have been feeding the voltage and load that the motor operates at the most efficiently. I started out by feeding the motor 7.2 volts and when the cylinder speed wasn't fast enough I kept raising the voltage in small amounts until I found the most speed, least pressure & least current draw... The sweet spot for this motor, pump & fluid was around 8.3 volts, .5 amps and about 190psi.

I tested with 12v direct to the motor. I might try 6 cell battery. I might ask are u running a second lower voltage battery or are using the esc to lower the voltage? my down pump in the excavator that is tether to a 12v dc source. I have no need to run an esc on the pump.
Old 01-29-2012, 01:06 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

SmallHaul will become famous soon enoughSmallHaul will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcguyfarms View Post
I tested with 12v direct to the motor. I might try 6 cell battery. I might ask are u running a second lower voltage battery or are using the esc to lower the voltage? my down pump in the excavator that is tether to a 12v dc source. I have no need to run an esc on the pump.
I am using the stock 12v nmih pack and a tamiya esc to limit the voltage to the pump. I have it setup so that the maximum voltage out of the esc is about 8.3 volts (tricked the esc programing into thinking full throttle isn't 100%) that way the pump is always running at the best rpm when any of the hydraulic sticks are at full throw.

"No load is too Small"
Old 01-29-2012, 05:26 PM
Green Horn

grumpygrady is on a distinguished road

ahhhhhhhhh gentlemen oil will not short out anything electric as it will not conduct electricity
if your motor shorted out it was something else but if your oil is full of metal shavings then it will short your motor out
may have soaked the brushes
we use oil in most big transformers to cool and protect the busses inside
and to stop any arcing inside
and water will not conduct electricity either , it is the impurity,s in the water that conducts electricity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
Odd as it sounds, I saw at least one guy running a stock Tamiya silver can on his Stahl bucket dozer's pump. Same thing happened to his motor. Oil got inside it, and shorted it out. If it works good, and it looked like it did, from the videos he posted, it'd be a nice, cheap option. Sorry I really can't offer any help on finding a brushless motor. I always thought most brushless motors, driving pumps, had remote mounted motor plates and ran a belt drive to the pump, via sprockets?