RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Equipment Tech

Construction Equipment Tech Hydraulics, Electronics, General Engineering, ect in constr equip

Old 03-20-2012, 06:08 PM

michael is on a distinguished road
Default Newb - Trying to build my first excavator

I am new to RC in general. I have been doing a lot of reading on here to try to figure out how everything works. I want to have hydros that have good digging power. I have seen in another tread how to make the tracks. I am going to have an instructor at a Tech College help me with the metal work. I need help with the hydros and the electronics. Can someone give me a list of what I need? I also am having troubles trying to figure out how to make tracks turn 360 without twisting the cables. I would just buy a completed model and then take it apart to figure out how everything works, but I don't have that kind of money. Also would it be possible to do this with a $1,200 budget?

Thanks for all your help!
Old 03-21-2012, 08:03 AM
Green Horn

FlyingBeagle is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Newb - Trying to build my first excavator

I am a complete newby as well and have not even begun the process to build anything yet. I have been keeping up with the parts and pieces that people have referenced in thier build threads so that I can do one of my own someday.

The part you are reffering to so as to not twist up the wires when spinning the excavator is called a slip ring. Below is a link to an inexpensive one from ebay. You can buy them in differnet sizes and with different numbers of wires as well. Hope this helps and good luck with your build. Keep us all informed of your progress and remeber we all love pics and videos are even better.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2A-12-Slip-R...61066837430988
Old 03-21-2012, 08:48 AM

siuvinson is on a distinguished road

you can probably do the build for $1200 using converted servos (screw-drives), but I don't think you'll have much luck building anything using hydraulics for that amount.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:14 AM
Green Horn

carp is on a distinguished road

valve block $480 pump $120, cylinders im not sure but i bet you can scrape it under $1200