RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Big Boys of the road 4x4/6x6/8x8/10x10 Trucks

Big Boys of the road 4x4/6x6/8x8/10x10 Trucks This forum is for those multiple axle trucks and other vehicles on and off road.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-09-2014, 06:37 AM

JohnStilwell is on a distinguished road
Default J&M Construction Mack

Well, I decided to try this funky Mack configuration.
I have a Mack dump truck that I built with a water tank (weed killer tank) that fit inside the dump body. I also am in the need for a grading dozer for the roads I am planning in the back yard. I had purchased an Ertl 1/16 JD 650H dozer to RC but the tracks didn't work out. Also got a Bruder D4 dozer to RC, but they are so light weight to be of any use, so this is what I did...
Used the stock C frame blade carrier and blade from the Diecast JD and used the outer 3/4" ends of the Bruder dozer blade. I then cut a piece of sheet Alum to create a new blade 1.5" wider than the stock Ertl. JB welded this sheet Alu to the stock Ertl blade face and JB welded on the 3/4" Bruder blade ends giving me a new blade that's 7.5" wide. I used 2 Futaba 425 ozin servos for the main blade lift. these have been stripped of the circuit board and pot internally so as I could use them without the positioning pot feedback. In doing this the servo will act sorta like a hydraulic cylinder in it's movement, hence you move the radio stick back to lift the blade, but when you return the stick to neutral the blade servo stays where it is.
I'm hoping this will make using the blade much easier than trying to hold that stick position exactly while trying to steer and use the throttle all at the same time. The angle servo is stock but set to a digital trim channel
so again I don't have to hold that stick position. The reason I didn't strip the pot out of this servo is without the feedback pot you have no holding power so the blade wouldn't hold it's angle. I'm hoping this issue won't rear it's head on the blade lift. These are 425 ozin servos, so there is quite a bit of non-powered holding power due to the gearing of these servos.
The tilt servos are stock 64ozin and I'm hoping the two's 128ozin total will be enough to hold position.
Here are some picks...
http://s222.photobucket.com/user/joh.../Mack%20Tanker