RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Clubs/Groups and Events > Central Plains Mini Truckers Club

Old 11-24-2012, 11:12 PM

bigmudbronco is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Kansas show April 19-21 2013

any new info on this show? is it still on?
Old 11-24-2012, 11:48 PM
Journeyman

rockNmayhem is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmudbronco View Post
any new info on this show? is it still on?
Absolutely!!!! The show is still on for all three days in April. The main events will be saturday when everyone is there but we will begin friday when people start showing up just like the St. Louis and Indy show.

From the sounds of it I am already looking at having at least 12-20 trucks and machines there and several assortments of buildings.

I'm also currently working on designing a building that can be demolished, hopefully we will have some other machines there that could get in on the fun and help tear it down and haul it off.

The gentleman that is in charge of the classic truck show is still as anxious as a kid on Christmas about having the two shows in unison with each other. They had their annual Christmas dinner and meeting last saturday and I went with the red truck and tractor to introduce them to what we were planning and I already have a couple of locals very interested in getting into the hobby and building a few trucks up to have at the show as well.

They were extremely pleased that it was very family oriented and welcomed the whole idea with open arms and are saying they want to do anything they can to bring as many guys and their families up as possible to the show so everyone can enjoy it.

I will keep everyone posted on new information as it comes but for now I'm thinking maybe the people that are for sure coming or most likely should leave a post here and we can get a members list going so we can see who all will be there with what machines.

Thanks for keeping interest guys and I hope to hear from some more of you in the future.

Tyler
Old 11-30-2012, 11:46 AM
Craftsman

Diesel Demond is on a distinguished road

i also would know more closer to the time but thats driveable for me!

Flat bedders do it with chains and straps,but now im yanking 53's
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:23 PM

how is the planning coming? any of them locals get trucks yet? lol
Old 01-06-2013, 03:38 PM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmudbronco View Post
how is the planning coming? any of them locals get trucks yet? lol
The show is still slowly coming along. Nothing major to gloat about right now. There will be more information available within the next month or so hopefully about discounted rooms here at the new hotel just across from the truck show. The manager and I are talking about how many rooms we will be needing and what kind of price break we can get so if anyone is thinking that they have a good shot at being here then I will start taking down count on how many we have and what kinda space we are looking at taking up room wise. The more rooms or people the cheaper we can get them.

Anyways as for the locals I do know of another new member on here that is looking at coming that has recently joined the truck scene and I have a few others interested but no trucks yet. I know they are really looking forward to seeing what everyone has at the show and that should get them more involved.

Thanks for keeping interest and to anyone else interested in the show hit me up with any questions or simply post in this thread.

Tyler
Old 01-06-2013, 06:23 PM

kornfed is on a distinguished road

Tyler santa came through a little late for me and i got my King Hauler late friday night. I have the truck built already lol now to get that parts to modify it at least frame stretch it. Hopefully i will be geting a trailer in the next week or so. So there should be one more truck there in april

Doug
Old 01-06-2013, 07:12 PM

cool. you can count on me being there. with wife and little one.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:43 PM
Journeyman

woodhog is on a distinguished road

Hey Tyler, count me in for sure I will bring anything I can load up
Old 01-09-2013, 11:24 AM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road

What are the exact dates and times? I'm thinking of going and I'll bring what I can fit as well...
Old 01-12-2013, 07:56 PM

april 19-21. newton ks. not sure on times.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:26 AM

Any info on hotels around the show
Old 01-30-2013, 04:34 PM
Journeyman

Alrighty everybody. I have been under the weather lately but I was in contact with the owner and manager of the truck stop and we are going to talk tomorrow about some hotel rooms there and see what we can get setup. I would like it if anyone that is definite to post up for sure and if you have a really good feeling that you will make it lemme know as well on here so I can get a good room count to start with. I'm thinking prolly two guys to a room at least and so far I'm looking at maybe 5-7 or maybe even ten rooms? Lemme know what you guys are thinking and I'll see the best I can do. I'll upload a picture of the event flyer for the main show so you guys can get an idea of what we are going to be looking at.

Tyler
Old 01-30-2013, 04:38 PM
Journeyman

Here is a quick shot of the poster that was sent out locally to the businesses around here and a small description of what will be there.

Tyler
Old 01-31-2013, 10:35 AM
Journeyman

Ok so I got ahold of the manager of the new hotel in town which is a Comfort Inn. The rates for that one are as follows.

$93.44 a night for a room with two queens. (if the room is shared by two guys that means it would run $46.72 a night per person.

I asked them if they would allot us some rooms for the show and as of right now we have 10 rooms available for us so if you guys are wanting to go ahead and sign up you can call in and let them know you are with the "Wheat State Truck Show" and they will give you the discounted price.

The final cut off date is April 1st to get a room with the reduced rates.

If a couple of you guys want to go in on a room together let them know and they will put you under a room with the two queens in it.

If you are wanting your own room they are single rooms with a king size bed but they are running $88.99 a night.

The hotel does have a full breakfast complimentary to all the guests, a heated swimming pool, excercise room and a full patio out back with a BBQ on it for those late night steak cravings.

The hotel is located just a block west of the where the truck show will be and is right between a Braums and Montana Mikes Steakhouse.

If you guys are needing any more information just let me know and I'll get you and answer.

The number for the hotel is:
(316)-804-4866
1205 East First St.
Newton, KS 67114
Old 01-31-2013, 11:05 AM

Got us room. Thanks Tyler for the info and putting on the show. Can't wait to see everyone and meet.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:46 PM
Journeyman

Ok guys have a lot more people asking questions about the show and what all we will have there so here is a quick run down of what I'm looking at having so far.

I'm figuring we'll have several show trucks there along with some working trucks and dump trucks so I have kind of decided to incorporate a little bit of everything for trucks of all kinds. I'm going to be starting on a few things for the show trucks and flat beds or box trucks these next two weeks. I plan on having a full docking area that trucks can pull into and back up to so they can test their driving abilities as well as a fueling station with a couple of pump bays that would have an area big enough to get atleast 4 trucks pulled in to.

I'm also wondering if we have enough guys with dirt working equipment to have a large conveyor system that we could load a hopper and load trucks from as a filling station.

Any ideas you guys have let me know. If any of the guys from St. Louis have any ideas as well lemme know.

If you have already signed up for a room can you either send me a PM or let the others interested in the show on here know? I have had a couple of people ask me about rooms but don't want a single. If you are interested post up here to see if you can split a room with someone as well as the cost. Looks like so far I have two full rooms and a couple more looking for roommates so let everyone know who is looking and let me know what your planning on bringing so I know how much power and space were gonna be needing.

Thanks for all the interest and thoughts guys, can't wait for the show to see you guys again.

Tyler
Old 02-07-2013, 04:50 PM
Green Horn

Dairyland Trucker is an unknown quantity at this point

Aaron and I are coming down for the show and so far it looks like we will have atleast 11 trucks and 8 trailers right now and if we can get the others finished for the meet we will have another 5 or 6 trucks, we are looking forward to this show.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:00 PM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dairyland Trucker View Post
Aaron and I are coming down for the show and so far it looks like we will have atleast 11 trucks and 8 trailers right now and if we can get the others finished for the meet we will have another 5 or 6 trucks, we are looking forward to this show.
I think were gonna need a trailer to bring them all..... I better start making boxes as well as the trucks
Old 02-07-2013, 06:07 PM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dairyland Trucker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
I think were gonna need a trailer to bring them all..... I better start making boxes as well as the trucks
Bob, Aaron good to hear you guys got rooms and that you'll be able to make it. Sounds like you guys are gonna need a semi to bring all your semi's to the show. Can't wait to see all the trucks back together again and running around.

Tyler
Old 02-07-2013, 07:17 PM

fuzzy is on a distinguished road

been keeping an eye on this. i am working on being there. i have an excavator, wheel loader,and dumper. if things work out i'll have some fun in town in kansas .