RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Tech section. > Mechanical tech

Mechanical tech This is for the mechanical parts of a model. Gear reductions, Axles, Transmissions, General drive line

Old 12-17-2014, 10:59 AM

Endoboy is on a distinguished road
Default Help

Hello everyone....I'm brand new to the site and need some help. About a year ago, I purchased the RC excavator from RC4wd for use as a demo unit at one of my clients trade shows. The unit worked incredibly well, but we are about to bring it out for another event and it needs a little love. The hydraulics are leaking a bit and the unit overall just needs to be gone through.

I'm an RC car and boat guy so I'm not totally familiar with the inner workings of this specific unit. The event for my client is very important and pretty high profile so having the unit fail onsite is not an option.

The unit is currently in NorCal and I'm looking for a good shop or RC guy that's either local or close by that we can engage for the repairs. Shipping it is an option but I don't want to ship too far East due to costs and potential damage.

Do you guys have any shops or contacts that we can leverage for some help?

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can provide....
Old 12-17-2014, 03:32 PM
Journeyman

Radio Control Trucker is on a distinguished road
Question Re: Help

The West Coast Mini Truckers may be able to help you. I need some information first.

1. Where about in Northern California are you? (in general)

2. When you say the hydraulics are leaking, do you mean the seals or the lines?

3. What other work do you expect to have done when you state that you want it to "be gone through"?

This may help me in finding you assistance for your problem.

- RCT

"Keep the Shiny-side Up, the Dirty-side Down & Keep 'er to the Line."
Old 12-18-2014, 09:23 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

JAMMER is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Help

Hello if the excavator has been sitting for a long time the cylinder seals will dry up so try running it for a while and let it set and run it again. If you do this for a few times you may get it to seal up, it worth a try and may solve the problem, Ed
Old 12-18-2014, 09:51 PM

Endoboy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Help

Hey guys, thanks!

The unit is at my clients demo facility in Livermore, CA.
It was brand new and we ran at a trade show for about 5 days straight. It ran flawlessly but by the end of the show, some slight leakage was coming from some of the lines. My client told me they drained the fluid out of it after the show, then it went back into the crate and has been sitting since last April.
We have another show coming up end of January and want to make sure it's ready to go without fail.
I'm going off what my client told me, who isn't familar with RC, but is an engineer so he's fairly smart on most mechanical things. Aside from the slight leakage, there weren't any other issues, I just want someone to run though it to make sure....make sure all fittings, screws/bolts, and electrical connects are all tight and secure.

that make sense?

Again, thanks guys for the help!!