RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > Get it out of your system! HERE!

Get it out of your system! HERE! You have a gripe,bone to pick, Tamiya vs Wedico or just have to let it out! THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE TO DO IT!

Old 08-29-2014, 05:00 PM
Wannabe

Rimrock is on a distinguished road
Default RC4WD 870K Loader - Warning - Potential axle problems

Issue with 2 off loaders ordered in July 2014.

The new 870K loader is a fine machine, where a lot of effort has been done to visual details. It is strong and heavey, which is great. There is 2 of them in my local club now, and both of them have had issues With the axles. The axles are castings. The problem is that the fabricator have chosen not to machine the areas where differential bearings to rest. There is a too large clearing so that the brearings not to rest stable where they should be. This leads to the differental unit to move around to much, and the alignment of the big and small gear gets off center. In one of the axles I to look at, a bearing on the small gear shaft to break on the first test run, because of the misalignment of the gears. With time there could be execive wear on the geartheet. I did put 3 layers of tape around the diff. bearings, trying to shim. Also needed to machine away some material in the area where the axle lock unit on the diff. to be located.

I advise owners to take a look inside the axles before running the machines to long. (problems on these 2 machines in my Club, don't automatic will tell that ALL machines have these issues, but it is worth to check it out)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 006_02_01.jpg (18.8 KB, 153 views)
File Type: jpg 009_01_01.jpg (21.4 KB, 129 views)

Last edited by Rimrock; 08-29-2014 at 05:18 PM.
Old 10-05-2014, 02:32 PM

elvis65 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: RC4WD 870K Loader - Warning - Potential axle problems

hi all.
yep my axles broke today, looks like the bearings have collapsed and taken the diff gears with them.
emailed rc4wd so will wait to see how we are going to fix them. I would like to send the model back and have it repaired by them and returned, but with me being in the uk will need to wait and see.
all the best
Old 10-18-2014, 02:57 PM

elvis65 is on a distinguished road

hi all.
well 13 days and counting and still no news on the diffs from rc4wd.
they have now stopped replying to my emails.
I would think hard before you spend $3600 with rc4wd.
no back up from them.
Old 11-08-2014, 05:59 AM
Wannabe

Hi,
The axles are just poorly designed and manufactured. I've got 4 of them on my workbench now. The bearing supports in the castings are not machined and thus not precise (which is difficult and time consuming concerning castings, due to the task of aligning and fixing of the pieces to the machine table) Diff. gears are castings with less of more precition. The bolted connection of axle house and the hub/planet gear supports in the wheels, are a weak link, and the 4 hard to reach bolts in each connection will over time come loose, if not proper thread sealer is used. The problem of applying much thread sealer is that one can easily ruin the bolt heads when trying to unloosen the bolts again...
The machine is designed and produced in China, or Hong Kong, rc4wd is just a dealer and can just replace old crap with new crap..I guess so machines by luck have some higher quality axle/gear casting parts, but it seams to be a lottery what you get in a new machine, or as replacement parts..
I am currently developing new axle units for one of my friends loader, using high end CNC machined truck axles and adapting the loader's hubs/planetary gearings to them. Will come back with some more info and pictures later on..
Old 11-09-2014, 11:20 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

BRICKNICK is on a distinguished road

I know with all the issues and guys hating on these things that I will be adding this piece of equipment to my list of "never purchase this" items.
Old 11-09-2014, 12:36 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimrock View Post
The problem of applying much thread sealer is that one can easily ruin the bolt heads when trying to unloosen the bolts again...
The use of a soldering iron on the head of the bolt to warm the bolt up & soften the thread lock works with good results, it takes several minutes.

Quote:
machines by luck have some higher quality axle/gear casting parts, but it seams to be a lottery what you get in a new machine, or as replacement parts..
No truer words spoken there!... and my luck 4yrs ago with their excavator was crap right out of the box with a bad radio & faulty electronics. RC4WD's warranty was 10% off replacements parts... why would I spend more money on crap parts that a company won't warranty within 30days anyway??!!!

I guess it's good for the Chinese that they're willing to work for next to nothing b/c what they offer to the world for goods isn't worth a shyt either.

Joe
Old 11-20-2014, 02:49 PM

RC4WD is on a distinguished road

Hello all,

We have been made aware of this issue with the axles. We are currently working with the manufacturing factory to get this issue resolved as quickly as possible. We will be sure to replace all customers automatically. There will be no need to contact us about replacement. We will send all customers that purchased a loader from us replacement parts.

We are sorry about this issue and for it causing any problems with your experience with the product. Your satisfaction is our priority and we will work on this unit its solved.

Thank you,
RC4WD Team.
Old 11-20-2014, 11:22 PM
Wannabe

thebigo is on a distinguished road

Thanks for taking care of this issue, I have had good service from you guy's, appreciate it.

David
Old 11-23-2014, 03:04 PM
Wannabe

That's great, RC4WD, let's hope the fabricator get the axles sorted out.
Old 12-27-2014, 07:45 PM

kenobi is on a distinguished road

Any update to this problem? Or do we still keep away from the RC4WD crappy Loader?
Old 02-19-2015, 08:57 AM

A1 Dirt is on a distinguished road

Has anyone received the replacement parts from RC4WD?
Old 02-19-2015, 07:52 PM
Wannabe

Havent Yet, but I am going to E-Mail Mike tonight, will keep you informed. Last , he said 2 months for the new axles to come out, that was about a month and three weeks ago.
Old 02-20-2015, 03:13 AM
Wannabe

andyathome is on a distinguished road

i got my loader from eagle in china.
i recieved a set of diff gears a couple of weeks ago in the post?
never ordered any . I guess they are the upgraded ones as they appear much better made and have bigger teeth on the gears
I shimmed the diff head bearings not long after getting my loader and havent had any more issues with it since, approx 6 months of run time.
Old 02-22-2015, 11:27 PM
Wannabe

I also received parts for a temp fix, but didn't notice any difference in the parts from what I have.

E-Mailed RC4WD they told me the new axles are being tested and that it will be about 2 months until release. They said they are sorry for the wait.

David
Old 02-23-2015, 05:18 AM
Wannabe

andyathome is on a distinguished road

Ok . Thats interesting .
i assume that the 1.5 version they are selling has the new rams and a redisigned diff axel set up?
I was expecting eventualy a whole new diff with better casting and bigger bearings ect to handle the load.
maybe this is a temp fix till it is all sorted?
Havent heard from them as it is their new year, hopefully hear something soon to clear up any confusion.
Old 02-23-2015, 04:00 PM
Wannabe

They said the new axles are being tested as of now? They sent me a pair of axle shaft's, an outer diff gear and the drive shaft gear, none of which looked any different than what came with the machine? I did tighten up the bearing's with bushings but, that dident work well?

David
Old 08-14-2015, 09:04 AM

mitschka is on a distinguished road

wow i did not revicev any action in switzerland. i ask now my dealer

here you find my models
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-31-2015, 04:22 PM

mitschka is on a distinguished road

i had the possiblity to send my Maschine back and recived all the money back.

here you find my models
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.