RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > R/C Truck's Manufacturers/Venders/Retailers > RCP’s Aluminum Gravel Boxes and Accessories

RCP’s Aluminum Gravel Boxes and Accessories Welded aluminum dump boxes and more

Old 07-01-2016, 04:57 AM

Doggy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Horizontal Rib Grand Hauler box

I loved it without the paint, you could see the work that went on it. But now with paint, it looks so good I would want it to get dirty

I will have to find a dictionary to find words to describe this work!
Old 07-01-2016, 06:41 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Northern Farmer is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Horizontal Rib Grand Hauler box

A real beauty that's for sure!
Old 07-01-2016, 10:47 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

Thanks guys. The fact that this box turned out as nice as it did is a bit of a small miracle. Somewhere between Friday and Tuesday while it was at the powder coating shop it took a big hit and was damaged on both ends. The guys didn't notice the damage and coated the box. I got it home to start assembly and noticed the damage to the front. I made a call with steam coming out of my ears and arranged to have it re-coated once fixed. TIG welding dirty material is nearly impossible but with some careful sanding, hammer and dolly work and 2 hours worth of extreme patients I was able to get it fixed up. Everything looked OK elsewhere so yesterday morning I had it back at their shop first thing to be redone. My plan was to run errands for an hour while I waited but 5 minutes from the shop I got a call that something else was wrong! It turned out that while they were sanding the box on the bench a tab broke off the apron and then it sprung out of shape. Clearly an issue caused by the impact it had taken prior to coating. Again I make the 50min drive home to spend another two hours fixing the rear. On my way home I stopped at the local exchange to get a fresh bottle of argon. I got home to hook up my flow meter and it wouldn't seal! I had to sand the surface inside the valve to make it airtight! Seriously, I couldn't make this sh!t up. Anyway, in the end after making 4 trips between shops, an extra days work and the guys at the powder coating shop spraying it last minute for me yesterday, it is all finished and looking like nothing ever happened. The theory is that as my stuff was sitting on the bench another customer came in and tossed their stuff onto the same bench slamming Bo's box into the wall causing damage on both ends. After talking with the shop manager yesterday and hearing some other horror stories of customers damaging other customers stuff I just have to shake my head and wonder how some people can be so inconsiderate/stupid. The shop was great about making things right and we have discussed that my stuff no longer stays sitting in the "danger zone" so it should be good now. In the end Bo gets a nice box and I can relax again.... I just have a few more grey hairs.
Old 07-01-2016, 11:08 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Bo Wallen is on a distinguished road

Ooh Lord !!! This is a horror story..........I am truly sorry Reg. When sh*t hit the fan........it never stop's. On the other side I am happy that You Reg is the Man that Build this AWSOME thing for us nuts........It shows how dedicated you are. A TRUE professional !!! Bo is Happy customer an coming back again and again.
Thank You Reg.
Old 07-01-2016, 11:17 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Don't be sorry Bo! It is clearly not your fault. Sh!t happens sometimes and in the end it all worked out. The powder coating shop could have told me to pound sand but they didn't and we were able to work together to get things fixed up. When I returned yesterday with everything straightened out his response was "F@#$ you are good at fixing this stuff". I told him that I want to be known for being good at making it not fixing it.lol

It's all good and I can't wait to build the next thing for you!
Old 07-01-2016, 11:18 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

bigford is an unknown quantity at this point

don't worry reg ill hit it a few times with the kat
Old 07-01-2016, 11:22 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Talking Re: Horizontal Rib Grand Hauler box

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigford View Post
don't worry reg ill hit it a few times with the kat
Yeah !!! Mark come on This Baby is Bulletproof now.. All bad Karma is gone on the box after Reg did he's magic line of #@%&^*words.
Old 07-01-2016, 11:28 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Hahaha
Old 07-01-2016, 11:32 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
Don't be sorry Bo! It is clearly not your fault. Sh!t happens sometimes and in the end it all worked out. The powder coating shop could have told me to pound sand but they didn't and we were able to work together to get things fixed up. When I returned yesterday with everything straightened out his response was "F@#$ you are good at fixing this stuff". I told him that I want to be known for being good at making it not fixing it.lol

It's all good and I can't wait to build the next thing for you!
Thanks Reg.
I'm sorry anyway.......Hate when things go bad for good people/friends.
I'm on. Got a few things coming.......
BeamHauler & the BoDogs.
P.S. Can we have a stiff cocktail NOW ?
Old 07-01-2016, 11:36 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

How many clicks on the odometer ? lol That sure is crappy luck! You know what they say...bad luck always come's in three's!
Old 07-01-2016, 12:08 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Wallen View Post
Thanks Reg.
I'm sorry anyway.......Hate when things go bad for good people/friends.
I'm on. Got a few things coming.......
BeamHauler & the BoDogs.
P.S. Can we have a stiff cocktail NOW ?
I believe tonight might be time for that Bo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Farmer View Post
How many clicks on the odometer ? lol That sure is crappy luck! You know what they say...bad luck always come's in three's!
It's about 74km round trip to the powder coating shop and back home. My truck burns 17-18 liters per 100km. Fuel and wear costs more than the coating itself even on a regular job but they are the closest shop. It's not their fault that I live in the bush and plan to keep it that way.lol

I think the three have happened. Damage to box-fix, more damage to box-fix, leaky argon bottle-fix. Hopefully that's it for a while. If the postal service strikes there will be another damage though that I cannot fix and that is going to hurt me badly. Fingers crossed something gets worked out because many small businesses like myself are reliant on them to do their job. Couriers are just too expensive for a lot of items.
Old 07-01-2016, 06:24 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I hear ya on the strike hopefully they work it out, not like a couple years ago...I could imagine how much of a pain in the arse it would be for you having to drive further out just to ship a parcel.
Old 07-01-2016, 06:36 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Farmer View Post
I hear ya on the strike hopefully they work it out, not like a couple years ago...I could imagine how much of a pain in the arse it would be for you having to drive further out just to ship a parcel.
The distance is a factor for sure but cost of shipping is my biggest concern. I have a fellow in Norway that wants a set of walking beams. Canada post looks to be around $20 for shipping. Thinking they might strike I checked with UPS for a quote. $121 to send a padded envelope! DHL was $93 for the same! No one is going to pay that which leaves me not being able to sell an item that many people want! Crazy! Maybe it's just me but I don't think the postal service should be able to strike 100%. That's just from a personal standpoint let alone how much my business might suffer... I guess I've always been self employed and never a fan of union power...
Old 07-01-2016, 07:01 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Wow your aren't kidding big difference in shipping quotes! Was working for the brown when they went on strike couple years ago...man was I flooded with work. Crazy how many pickups were added to my run during that period!
Old 07-01-2016, 07:09 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Exclamation Re: Horizontal Rib Grand Hauler box

I have a double stiff NOW Cheers everybody out there Tomorrow is an other day

P.S. I sent you a Mail Reg.
Old 07-01-2016, 09:14 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

I got an email from SaskTel "Canada Post might strike July 1st, we might not be able to mail out your paper bill on appropriate date, but we expect you to make your payments on time. Here's a list of other options for you to make your payments...."

Signed a flaxseed contract with a China company in February for May/June delivery... well they waited right till the last week for pick up & railcars were loaded couple days ago... now I'm wondering what my options are for getting paid & when?

Joe
Old 07-01-2016, 11:17 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Talk about bad timing! When's the next train ?
Old 07-02-2016, 12:46 AM
Apprentice

jack van is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Horizontal Rib Grand Hauler box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
I got an email from SaskTel "Canada Post might strike July 1st, we might not be able to mail out your paper bill on appropriate date, but we expect you to make your payments on time. Here's a list of other options for you to make your payments...."

Signed a flaxseed contract with a China company in February for May/June delivery... well they waited right till the last week for pick up & railcars were loaded couple days ago... now I'm wondering what my options are for getting paid & when?
ask for a bank wire transfer lol like when we order ther toy lol
Old 07-02-2016, 09:52 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post

That sucks Joe! We should be able to send Canada Post a bill for all the extra pain in azz they are causing for everyone. Now they are saying that they won't strike before Tuesday because they have to give 72hrs notice. In the same story they said that the last time they went on strike they gave no notice at all even though they were supposed to. WTF I am supposed to do with these orders I have to ship out? Stick them in the mail and then have them strike, or not mail them and then they keep threatening but don't. Either way people aren't getting their parts from me in a timely fashion and I'm stressing about it.lol I just wish that they would make up their @#$king minds....
Old 08-12-2016, 04:39 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Today I opened a Box from the Master Builder Reg.
WOW...........A Super nice job. Fantastic.
I guess i got to start Build A truck under the Box.