RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Defenders of the land. > Military Vehicles.

Military Vehicles. Trucks/Support Vehicles in here.

Old 02-03-2013, 03:12 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of
Talking tc1cat's M25 Dragon Wagon (Now drivable)

Lynn wanted an M25 Dragon Wagon so he traded me some parts I wanted and in return I am going to build him the truck and trailer combo. The M25 consists of a truck either an M26 or M26A1 and a trailer either an M15 or M15A1. Lynn has chosen the M26A1 truck and the M15 trailer. The truck will be as scale as possible so we are going to use chain drive rear axles like the real one has. They used the Timken chain drive axles because at the time no conventional axle could support the weight this truck was going to be hauling.

Here are some pics of what we will be building and what I have put together so far.

The real truck and trailer.

And what we have so far.

Thanks for looking.
Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 02-03-2013, 03:50 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: tc1cat's M25 Dragon Wagon

This is what you boys were up to very cool Mert will like this for sure.. Be ready for lots of questions on the trailer from him travy..

HI.. My name is Paul.. And.. I.. Have a Cabover Addiction.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11 "LET IT EAT"
Like Us on Facebook "Corn Field Mafia"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:02 PM

sassgrunt is on a distinguished road

I can tell that this is going to be a GREAT build! I have slowly been collecting parts (and trying to work out the mechanical bugs) for a similar build, that I have not started yet. Silvio and I even had some discussions about him building the armored cab version for anyone else who'd like to build one as well. The best tires I have been able to find are from Lego, but yours look MUCH better - where did you get them? One of the biggest hurdles I see is how to get matching gear ratios if the front axle is powered, and the rear set of axles are driven by chain from a small set of sprockets. The best thing I could think of was dummy-ing up the front axle so that it wasn't actually powered - which kind of defeats the whole 6x6 idea.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:57 PM
Green Horn

WhiteWolf McBride is on a distinguished road

fhhhstix:

D*mn those tires look great, who makes them, and what rims are you using? You might wanna go search the RCU forum, a few guys over there have given the build a shot, but used the armored cab, not the 'behind-the-lines' one.

WhiteWolf,
looking to make a tank-hauler for his tanks...
(oh-so-many... 8 tracked chassis? *whine*)
Old 02-05-2013, 05:26 PM
Super Moderator

tc1cat is on a distinguished road

Tires and aluminum wheels are from RC4WD. 1.9" DUKW tires and 1.9" Militant wheels. Using Hummer wheels for all of the rest of the wheels. M26 will be all wheel drive.
Had thought about the armored version but I wanted something different.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:54 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road

This is a neat project Lynn and coming along nicely, but no updates in 2 days, Its so hard to find good help these days.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:07 AM
Super Moderator

Give Travis a break He has more projects going than even me
Old 02-13-2013, 08:05 AM

Hos1880 will become famous soon enoughHos1880 will become famous soon enough

yeah I am gonna have t get off my lay rear and get going on mine but this might give me ideas on what to correct on mine.

Merritt
Old 02-17-2013, 12:17 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

OK fellas this one will take some time as everything will have to be custom made. So far the only thing I have not had to modify is the front axle but hay we aren't done yet. Well here are a few updates.

First are the rear axles which I used my new lathe to make and isn't that irony I am making parts for one of our own in house machinist. I just hope I can meet his standards or at least enough he will be happy.

Next is the transmission, I had to add a 1:2 gearbox to the R2 to make up for the gear reduction in the chain drive. I still have some work to do on the cover to get it to fit better and sand down the paint on the rear gear box plate.

I have also gotten a little more body work done.

Thanks for looking.
Travis

Old 02-17-2013, 02:04 PM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road

Looks pretty good!! What size sprockets are you going to use for the chain drive?
Old 02-18-2013, 03:42 AM
Super Moderator

I purchased some chain and sprockets from Robot Marketplace. Not sure if it will hold up or not. If not we have a plan 'B' to try. Looking good there Travis!!
Old 02-18-2013, 08:14 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc1cat View Post
I purchased some chain and sprockets from Robot Marketplace. Not sure if it will hold up or not. If not we have a plan 'B' to try. Looking good there Travis!!
Have you looked up the specs on that chain? Might surprise us how strong it really is! Great start on the truck!
Cheers, Neil.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:35 PM
Out of control

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
Looks pretty good!! What size sprockets are you going to use for the chain drive?
The sprockets will be 24 tooth on the drive output axle and 48 tooth on the axle drive sprockets for a 2:1 ratio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc1cat View Post
Thanks Lynn I think they may work fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post
Have you looked up the specs on that chain? Might surprise us how strong it really is! Great start on the truck!
Cheers, Neil.
From what I have found the chain should be good for 75-100# so with 4 we may have a good chance of it working.

Thanks to everybody for taking a look.
Travis

Old 02-22-2013, 05:21 PM
Out of control

Well here is a small update. I have the sprockets mounted to the rims. I hope to get the axle reworked tomorrow and see if this is going to work.

Travis

Old 02-22-2013, 06:56 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

glorydays24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Travis, every time you start a scratch build, it always blows me away. You da' man.

Big John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!
Old 02-22-2013, 07:06 PM
Out of control

Quote:
Originally Posted by glorydays24 View Post
Travis, every time you start a scratch build, it always blows me away. You da' man.

Big John
Thanks John and stay tuned in because I think this one my get interesting by the end of the weekend.

Travis

Old 02-24-2013, 02:52 PM
Out of control

Here is another update and it is now drivable.

Click on the pic below for a video. I am surprised the cab even stayed on in the video since it is just sitting on the chassis.

Thanks for looking.
Travis

Old 02-24-2013, 04:32 PM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road
Default Re: tc1cat's M25 Dragon Wagon (Now drivable)

Very cool!! Now i see what kind of chain it has. For some reason i was picturing a bigger chain..
Old 02-24-2013, 04:50 PM
Out of control

Thanks now for some details and body work then I can start on the trailer.

Travis

Old 02-25-2013, 12:20 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

glorydays24 is an unknown quantity at this point

I like the chain drive. Great video, and this is way cool. The trailer should be interesting to see it come together. I am tuned in...

Big John

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!