RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 12-20-2012, 01:05 PM
Master Builder

rc_farmer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 140H Grader

I think we all inspire eachother to build something that we may have thought was too difficult or too long of a building process.

Bring that big monster on Steve and add it to the fleet!

Rob
Old 11-11-2013, 02:12 PM
Journeyman

tracksntreadslou is on a distinguished road

Hey rob I just reread your thread again from start to finish ..I dusted off an old project i had started a few years ago and started making parts again ..wth the little cnc knowledge if have now it is making things a bit more precise and a little easyer ..many hours in front of the cad program ..I can see what of challenge this thing was Rob ..this build is amazing and one of my top favorites of all time along With Ari s ..I know mine wont turn out half as nice as your ..anyway I want to ask a few questions ..about the Blade lift cycler arms and center mounting bracket and pin ..I there a geometry that when pulling that center pin and moving the whole assenbly off center and using another adjustment hole ..This is for moving the table way over and angleing for side angle gradeing ..Did yours match up ? I couldnt find much info of that and am drawing it as close as I can ..I am also wondering how well that little gear motor worked for the circle gear ..I plan on using one as well ..what rpm are you using ? thanks ..And Well done rob
Old 11-13-2013, 11:51 AM
Master Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracksntreadslou View Post
Hey rob I just reread your thread again from start to finish ..I dusted off an old project i had started a few years ago and started making parts again ..wth the little cnc knowledge if have now it is making things a bit more precise and a little easyer ..many hours in front of the cad program ..I can see what of challenge this thing was Rob ..this build is amazing and one of my top favorites of all time along With Ari s ..I know mine wont turn out half as nice as your ..anyway I want to ask a few questions ..about the Blade lift cycler arms and center mounting bracket and pin ..I there a geometry that when pulling that center pin and moving the whole assenbly off center and using another adjustment hole ..This is for moving the table way over and angleing for side angle gradeing ..Did yours match up ? I couldnt find much info of that and am drawing it as close as I can ..I am also wondering how well that little gear motor worked for the circle gear ..I plan on using one as well ..what rpm are you using ? thanks ..And Well done rob
Hey Lou, i know you will do a fine job on your grader. There is a lil geometry to that center pin....what i did....i made a rough bar and measured the holes at different intervals by swing the the moldboard back and forth, then i came back and drilled each hole, then made the actual bar. It lined up pretty good after putting everything back together. This was all freehand....i didn't draw anyhting up on the puter....so it was pretty much all eyeballed and pencil.

This lil gear motor, i believe is a 35:1, i got from robotmarketplace

Rob
Old 11-13-2013, 11:57 AM
Master Builder

The blade lift cylinders....i had those made by this guy ib canada...http://www.up-1.com/products.html I sent him my drawing and he made them. I order them w/o the nipples so i could slide the sleeves over them, then i soldered the nipples on the cylinder.

He is a really nice guy to work with.

Rob
Old 11-27-2013, 11:12 PM
Journeyman

tracksntreadslou is on a distinguished road

Hey thanks Rob ..I took most of your advice .I did machine out the center hole and two outer to hold things true .then hand drilled the remaining holes ..It turned out pretty close but the far outside hole didnt work out very close so i may draw it out again and modify it later ..Quite a bit of geometry to that peice ..The whole mold table in fact..Hey thanks for that link ..I do have a few cycliners that will work kicking around and will use them for now ..Thanks again