RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 05-20-2012, 03:06 AM

Madda is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Volvo EC300D

Great!

What are the dimensions of your model?
What radio are you using?
Old 05-21-2012, 09:43 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madda View Post
Great!

What are the dimensions of your model?
What radio are you using?
I'm using a DX8. The model is just short of 56 inches long when stretched out and around 14 inches wide. It weighs 50 lbs with two lead acid batteries.

Reg
Old 05-21-2012, 10:35 AM

izzzul is on a distinguished road

amazing..!! superb view
Old 06-17-2012, 10:06 AM

saulij is on a distinguished road

Hello

You have done a great job with Your Volvo EC 300. I'm building Volvo EC460 and now I'm wondering what colors to use? Are you using car paint? Have you any color codes?

Thanks in advace.

BR

Sauli
Old 06-17-2012, 08:18 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by saulij View Post
Hello

You have done a great job with Your Volvo EC 300. I'm building Volvo EC460 and now I'm wondering what colors to use? Are you using car paint? Have you any color codes?

Thanks in advace.

BR

Sauli
Hello Sauli, I just used automotive(spray can)trim and bumper paint for the dark color and a shade of yellow that I thought was close to the real Volvo yellow color. I didn't try to find the right colors because the nearest Volvo equipment dealer is a couple of hours away.

Enough about that though... How far along is your build and where is the build thread? We definately need more info on your EC460!

Reg
Old 06-18-2012, 12:28 PM
Craftsman

modelman is on a distinguished road

Unique view from the truck-Good job-I like your dirt pile too-wish I had that
Old 06-22-2012, 06:29 AM

saulij is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
Hello Sauli, I just used automotive(spray can)trim and bumper paint for the dark color and a shade of yellow that I thought was close to the real Volvo yellow color. I didn't try to find the right colors because the nearest Volvo equipment dealer is a couple of hours away.

Enough about that though... How far along is your build and where is the build thread? We definately need more info on your EC460!

Reg
Here is my build thread, sorry its all in finnish.
http://rc-tyokoneet.proboards.com/in...lay&thread=10#
Old 06-22-2012, 06:56 AM

Madda is an unknown quantity at this point

Lol I can even understand something from there, I'm Estonian. But seems good build, all cad and stuff like this.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:38 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by saulij View Post
Here is my build thread, sorry its all in finnish.
http://rc-tyokoneet.proboards.com/in...lay&thread=10#
Very nice, thanks for posting the link! You should start a thread here.

Reg
Old 04-26-2013, 09:47 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

A few months ago I bought a Torcman motor and Jeti spin esc off of a former member. I've been wanting to swap out my noisy planetary drive for this for a while so today I finally got to it. This combo spins the pump a far bit slower but the hydro speed is quite nice and makes it a little easier to operate. I ran it for over 1/2 an hour and the motor was barely warm. The old motor setup would have been hot to the touch in that timespan. I'm not sure what the issue is but sometimes the pump doesn't start when you pull a lever. This happened before with the old setup too but not in the first few months of use. I went to use it a xmas after it had sat a couple months and this started happening. Not sure if something has happened to the gear channel(pump runs of it) or what but the servos still operate the valves...few seconds later and away we go....

Any way here's a couple pics of old and new and a few videos of it in use. I got to use the thumb today a bit too!

Thanks for looking

http://youtu.be/7O_AdIcDoV4 http://youtu.be/WcgubSPQo1k http://youtu.be/Oe-MKykyspw

Reg
Old 04-27-2013, 03:27 PM
Green Horn

carp is on a distinguished road

Nice video and nearly a tip over what is the noise everytime you have a large change of pump rpm? some kind of vibration? Your setting is a amazing are the trees behind all part of your backyard or did you go somewhere to film? More importantly when are we going to see the skidder working out there?
Old 04-27-2013, 04:29 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Nice video and nearly a tip over what is the noise everytime you have a large change of pump rpm? some kind of vibration? Your setting is a amazing are the trees behind all part of your backyard or did you go somewhere to film? More importantly when are we going to see the skidder working out there?
I not sure why it makes that noise. I guess the rpm change sends a vibration through the tin can of a body. I think I am going to add some sound deadener to the engine cover so that it shuts up a little more. It is quieter than before but when it makes that noise it drives me nuts!

Yes that's our backyard. I'm very fortunate to live out in the boonies a little and have a pretty big play area for all of my hobbies. Some of my friends always used called it the RCP compound lol.

My poor skidder... It has been sitting on the back of my truck for months now but I have been day dreaming about it more and more lately. I really need to make the hydraulic cylinders for it! I have so many different projects on the go that none of them are getting finished. The truck is my main focus but now that the Mack is working well and the Volvo is tuned up I only have a boat the KW and a wedding to prepare for by mid July... Oh yeah and work...Haha
Old 04-28-2013, 12:56 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Reg, just finished reading your build thread on the Volvo again! You are a metal working master. Amazing how you can making something out of nothing! I really enjoyed the in cab videos. What kind of camera are you using? I thought that your skidder was all finished? If only I had your metal working skills.......
Old 04-28-2013, 09:13 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
Reg, just finished reading your build thread on the Volvo again! You are a metal working master. Amazing how you can making something out of nothing! I really enjoyed the in cab videos. What kind of camera are you using? I thought that your skidder was all finished? If only I had your metal working skills.......
Trying to make something out of nothing is the best part! My fiancée is the first person I go to when I've used some sort of junk that's been sitting around. She is a neat freak so it helps justify my hoarding when she sees that I've put it to good use.

I have one of the first gen GoPro Hero HD cameras. It's been really good, I've filmed a lot of motocross-trail rides as well as some of our commercial fishing too. My battery has bulged so I need to pick up a new one for it. I would really like to have one of the new GoPro's because they have a remote. I would say that the lack of remote control is the biggest drawback to the one I have.

The skidder is finished short of the hydraulic pump and cylinders. I may try to in-list the help of my father in-law so that I can get it done by the show in July. I really want to see it pull some logs!

Reg
Old 06-21-2013, 04:24 AM

JeanPierreBussio is on a distinguished road

Where did you get the excavator?
Old 06-22-2013, 08:02 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

It's scratch built.
Old 07-05-2013, 10:41 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Ari got my thinking about doing some welding so I started on these this afternoon. I decided that I wanted a bigger digging bucket and a clean up bucket. I was trying to film a video of it playing in the shop but a servo on the valve block fried so now I have to replace that before I can. Anyway enough talk.....

Reg
Old 07-05-2013, 11:52 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Reg, you make it look to easy!
Old 07-06-2013, 12:50 AM
Journeyman

Hemi1966 is on a distinguished road

Nice work Reg, it's easy when you know what you are doing
What's the material thickness?
Was that upper inside weld hard to do?
Can you take a picture of your torch. I'm thinking of purchasing a smaller air cooled torch, the one that came with the machine is water cooled and quite large.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-06-2013, 01:52 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I wouldn't really say that I know what I'm doing. This material is .100 thick so it is much easier to weld than the .063 I normally work with. The weld inside was a tricky one to do once both sides were in place. I use 150amp air cooled torch and for this I also used the short back cap which makes it much easier to fit into tight spaces. I will take a picture of it tomorrow when I make the other bucket.

Reg