RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 02-04-2011, 08:50 AM

dirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura aboutdirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: D9R and 463 pull scraper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
Hello
Impressive model you did.
Very cool!

Best
Jonathan
Thank you, Jonathan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D8R View Post
Hi Joe, any news about your models, still own by you? Did it settled with the new work. It´s was a pitty when all info from the old forum got lost, so much info that can be useful for everyone starting up a new project.
dan
I still have dozer and scraper no big rush to sell it but it is for sell, don't ever play with it anyway. I need to start another project.

I wasn't very happy with the way that the garden shut down but there wasn't anything I could do about it.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:39 AM
Dozer Builder

td9clyde will become famous soon enoughtd9clyde will become famous soon enough

we could shure use some new video's or pics.......................i did get to run my dozer with a radio finnally lol Travis let use his batteries and wired up both sabertooth speed controlers it was cool to see it run on it's own , now we just need to get together sometime and show these fellas we can move dirt lol

Last edited by td9clyde; 02-04-2011 at 09:41 AM.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:06 AM

dirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura aboutdirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura about

Thats cool you ran it so where is the vid, Henry????

Been thinking about another video. But have to wait for better weather.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:23 AM

edwalsh18 is on a distinguished road

hey i saw your dozer on youtube a while back and wow... i, like everyone else, didn't know it wasn't the real thing at first. really awesome! i decided to post up here after not finding what i was looking for.

i am interested in doing a D11 - 1/16th scale, i want to power it using craftsman drills. would you be able to show me how you mounted yours? did you keep the 2 speed trans (if they had them)? did you use esc or the PWM's? did u remove the gear reduction that connects the tranny to the chuck? what drill did you use? how did you mount to hub? i am anxious to finish planning this build and start building. i highly doubt mine will come close to yours but as long as it functions. i need to put it to work in my yard. any info u have will be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 04-22-2011, 06:57 PM
Dozer Builder

I ran it the video is on my youtube channel and on like page 16 or 17 or 18 in my thread lol
Old 05-03-2011, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwalsh18 View Post
hey i saw your dozer on youtube a while back and wow... i, like everyone else, didn't know it wasn't the real thing at first. really awesome! i decided to post up here after not finding what i was looking for.

i am interested in doing a D11 - 1/16th scale, i want to power it using craftsman drills. would you be able to show me how you mounted yours? did you keep the 2 speed trans (if they had them)? did you use esc or the PWM's? did u remove the gear reduction that connects the tranny to the chuck? what drill did you use? how did you mount to hub? i am anxious to finish planning this build and start building. i highly doubt mine will come close to yours but as long as it functions. i need to put it to work in my yard. any info u have will be appreciated. Thanks!
Thanks for the kind words.

I hope you do build the 11. Here is the best pick I have of the motors and how I mounted them.

I used the Craftsman 19.2 motors and planetarys. Had to cut off part of the planetary housing to mount them sideways. I did use the 2 speed trany, just haven't put the servo back in it, that shifts it. I used the Sabertooth 2x25, it only draws 6.34 amps after gearing down 4 to 1 of the factory gearing on the drill motors. I tact welded the hub on. Hope some of this helps. If you need anythimg ,just ask. Sorry for the late reply.
Old 05-21-2011, 12:28 AM

Stewmeat95 is on a distinguished road

I saw your videos on youtube, a very good machine you have here. My father is a mechanic and just built and engine for a D9 a while ago.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:32 PM

Thank you Stewmeat, and welcome to the forum.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:25 PM

Rained out!!! WOOO HOOO!!!
It's been almost a year since I was able to do anything in the shop, that's entirely to long.
When I first built the dozer I put a winch on it and stripped the plastic gears in it pulling my riding lawn mower. I used a planetary and motor out of a cordless screwdriver and geared down some on top of that. I've been on the net trying to find some replacement gears and the only ones I found that would fit have been discontinued. So I need some suggestions on where to find some. In the first pic you can see they have a lot of wear on them. Trying not to have to redo the whole winch, so all the help you can give would be appreciated.

Here are a few specs.
pitch dia. .500
# of teeth 24
pitch 48
20 degree pressure angle
Old 11-09-2011, 01:35 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

SDP https://sdp-si.com/eStore/default.asp

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:29 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

9W Monighan will become famous soon enough9W Monighan will become famous soon enough

Steve most of the internal gears at Stock drive are out of stock and are too narrow for what Joe shows here. I tore a old air drill apart the other day and the gears in that may work here. I'll be using those gears for my planetary reductions on those RC4x4 axles I just bought.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:18 PM
Dozer Builder

Finally ,....the guy comes back and is workin on somethin in the shop glad to see you back on here and tinkerin
Old 11-10-2011, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9W Monighan View Post
Steve most of the internal gears at Stock drive are out of stock and are too narrow for what Joe shows here. I tore a old air drill apart the other day and the gears in that may work here. I'll be using those gears for my planetary reductions on those RC4x4 axles I just bought.
Your right Steve, they don't have anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by td9clyde View Post
Finally ,....the guy comes back and is workin on somethin in the shop glad to see you back on here and tinkerin
Henry, some of us have to work long hours.lol Feels good to be back at it, even if it is for a short time.

Well I got tired of looking for the gears, so I'm in the process of building a planetary and putting a bigger motor on it. Now just gotta wait for more time in the shop.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:00 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9W Monighan View Post
I guess thats why I never get anything from them + I got a good place to scrounge at sorry Joe Say what brand /size screw driver ? I'll look next time . they got a crap load of them Air, batt and corded . I fond my dozer motors there . They got 2 more that'll work for another build I got on the drawing board .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-23-2011, 08:42 PM

I have the planetary built and tested for my winch, so far so good. I'm ready to wire this thing up and I want to wire it to a proportional channel but I don't have an extra one. So my question is, can I put a ''Y'' servo lead and go to the same channel that my blade works off of and set it up as a different model on my radio where all I would have to do is switch model modes? Is that possible?
Old 11-23-2011, 08:53 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

Joe if you have an extra two pos switch you can use this battle switch to run two servos independently from one proportional channel. Just Y off the channel to two servos and run the signal wires through the battle switch to interrupt the signal to one or the other.

Link to switch

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 11-23-2011, 09:27 PM

I was going to go through an ESC and trying not to put any more stuff in there then I have to. All that wiring starts running together, for me anyway. That's a cool switch though.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:40 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

You can Y harness an esc off any function on the radio and set it up like I described above or you can use an existing esc and use the battle switch to switch between two motors. I used one of those switches in Doug and Travis's to use one esc to control the up and down motor and bed extend motor with one ESC. Just some thoughts.

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 12-02-2011, 08:46 PM
Dozer Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtpusher9 View Post
Your right Steve, they don't have anything.

Henry, some of us have to work long hours.lol Feels good to be back at it, even if it is for a short time.

Well I got tired of looking for the gears, so I'm in the process of building a planetary and putting a bigger motor on it. Now just gotta wait for more time in the shop.
yea i know that feelin 10 to 12 hours a day 7 days a week been workin alot since April this year
Old 12-17-2011, 02:45 PM

Well, was messing with the dozer today and the hydraulics quit working so i checked everything out and the belt or band the connects the motor to the pump broke. So where do I find this at (Germany)?