RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 03-22-2013, 02:13 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

JAMMER is on a distinguished road
Wink Re: Azonic Hitachi 470/Bell B50D

Kalle I see you made a walk way are you doing both sides? As soon as I get my mill working I am. I already did a hand rail. I see you have done some weathering on your undercarriage the rust looks good. Ed
Old 03-22-2013, 02:18 PM
Wannabe

Azonic will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Azonic Hitachi 470/Bell B50D

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMER View Post
Kalle I see you made a walk way are you doing both sides? As soon as I get my mill working I am. I already did a hand rail. I see you have done some weathering on your undercarriage the rust looks good. Ed
Nope, i will only make for the driverside for now at least.

The weathering is from me doing some digging in the snow and i just let it melt off the undercarrige, after that it rusted, but yes it looks more scale with some rust!
Old 03-22-2013, 02:22 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Kalle There you go. Ed
Old 03-23-2013, 08:32 AM
Wannabe

Continued on the walk and finished it, just paint left, it really set it of nicely.

Last edited by Azonic; 03-23-2013 at 08:36 AM.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:48 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

That looks great! It's amazing what a few details can do!
Old 03-23-2013, 09:16 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Kalle that looks great. I see you used the same material to cover the skeleton of you cat walk as I did but I used Vario skeleton. I am going to change that this summer. Ed
Old 03-23-2013, 09:20 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Claus is on a distinguished road

Your models look so real, love what you have done with them.

Last edited by Claus; 03-23-2013 at 09:34 AM.
Old 03-23-2013, 05:40 PM
Green Horn

cdm is on a distinguished road

if vario included those changes they would sell more!

excellent work
Old 03-23-2013, 08:53 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

I enjoyed reading this thread. I've seen your models on other forums, and I know the work you've put into them. Both your Bell dumper and the Zaxis are beautiful models! These are probably some of nicest, best detailed examples of the Fumotec machines on the forum! They just keep getting better and better.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:22 AM
Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
That looks great! It's amazing what a few details can do!
Thanks Reg! Yep, they can do wonders for the scale looks!

Quote:
Kalle that looks great. I see you used the same material to cover the skeleton of you cat walk as I did but I used Vario skeleton. I am going to change that this summer. Ed
Thx Ed! I got the netting from the local hardware store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claus View Post
Your models look so real, love what you have done with them.
Thanks! I have sold the dumper though, its still in Sweden so i may be able to load it on some meeting or such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post
if vario included those changes they would sell more!

excellent work
Thanks! Yeah i guess they would, im very intrested to see what the new Fumotec hoe will look like!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
I enjoyed reading this thread. I've seen your models on other forums, and I know the work you've put into them. Both your Bell dumper and the Zaxis are beautiful models! These are probably some of nicest, best detailed examples of the Fumotec machines on the forum! They just keep getting better and better.
Thanks!

Yes there is quite some time in them...and money!
Old 03-24-2013, 08:15 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Claus is on a distinguished road

You sold the Bell truck that's just sad.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:19 PM
Green Horn

rc13 is on a distinguished road

You sold your B50? Did you replace it with another workhorse dumper? My B50 is my definite workhorse. I will look back at some of the other threads to see if you have some notes about it.
Thanks,
Eddie
Old 03-26-2013, 01:01 PM
Wannabe

Yep i sold it, maybe it was a little dumb of me i dont know, i didnt run it very much, i like to run the excavator way more so i felt it was to expencive just sitting there not getting used very much even though its nice to have something to load but i guess i have to give the girls the load from now on!

Today i also i painted the sidewalk, it turned out to have slightly different tone even though its the same color number, guess it can be a little off from can to can, not much to whine about.

I also have decided to get new tracks, i felt it was the last thing that was really off scale to the real 470, i now have double grousers and i found out that Vario also have a newer triple grouser track pad with 2 oval holes in them, on my first set of tracks i had triple grouser but with no holes, they didnt work at all, clogged up almost instantly and the tracks came off, i think these should work better, i have ónly 10 now, should have them by the weekend i hope.

I really wanted metal tracks but they get to expensive so i went with nylon ones again until something metalish comes to market!

Here is some pics...

The new tracks...

And i did also install an 3 pos switch stick on the radio, im going to use that one for the extra hydraulic valve, i have an tilted grading bucket in the works, should be ready in a month or so.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:23 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Hello Kalle I see we are all cleaned up and ready to go. I've got a few things to do before the Cabin Fever show next month on mine. Ed
Old 03-26-2013, 07:22 PM
Green Horn

I don't think I would ever sell my B50. I love that thing. It just works so well with my excavators. I also have a 6x6 3 way tipper (mostly Tamiya and other parts) and a ScaleArt 8x8 3 way tipper. The 6x6 is fine with the excavators, but the ScaleArt looks so small when that bucket swings over to drop a load of dirt in the back....
The Sidewalk/catwalk is very nice. I have one on my 450 and it is a little to wide. Yours does not stick out that far. I think yours looks more scale. The color looks fine to me.
It looks like I have the same tracks on my 450. They appear as if they will work better than the tracks on my 850. I have not driven the 450 in the dirt yet, so I can't give any feedback yet. I think these tracks look better too.
Do they make a metal track for these?
I have been pretty busy with my work lately. I have a lot of plans for modifications to the 450 and 850. I also have the RC4WD excavator that I have a bunch of upraded parts to install sometime in the near future. But that thing is just sitting on a shelf. I really like the size of the Vario excavators. Even though they are a little difficult to move around sometimes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo (86).jpg (46.9 KB, 46 views)
Old 03-26-2013, 09:01 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Nice update! The paint looks pretty darn close to me. I wouldn't worry about it. How do you keep your machine so clean? You play with in the dirt a lot, but everytime I see photos, there doesn't even seem to be dust on it. I am sure if I had a machine like this, I'd keep them really clean too, so I am on your side, and not poking fun at you!
Old 03-26-2013, 10:16 PM
Wannabe

Quote:
Hello Kalle I see we are all cleaned up and ready to go. I've got a few things to do before the Cabin Fever show next month on mine. Ed
Yes, spring time is on the way and i almost got everything to finish her up for the season!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc13 View Post
I don't think I would ever sell my B50. I love that thing. It just works so well with my excavators. I also have a 6x6 3 way tipper (mostly Tamiya and other parts) and a ScaleArt 8x8 3 way tipper. The 6x6 is fine with the excavators, but the ScaleArt looks so small when that bucket swings over to drop a load of dirt in the back....
The Sidewalk/catwalk is very nice. I have one on my 450 and it is a little to wide. Yours does not stick out that far. I think yours looks more scale. The color looks fine to me.
It looks like I have the same tracks on my 450. They appear as if they will work better than the tracks on my 850. I have not driven the 450 in the dirt yet, so I can't give any feedback yet. I think these tracks look better too.
Do they make a metal track for these?
I have been pretty busy with my work lately. I have a lot of plans for modifications to the 450 and 850. I also have the RC4WD excavator that I have a bunch of upraded parts to install sometime in the near future. But that thing is just sitting on a shelf. I really like the size of the Vario excavators. Even though they are a little difficult to move around sometimes.
Yeah, i have loaded a truck as well, its tricky to get the dirt in the bed!

Yes i dont like the Vario sidewalks either, thats why i made my own, turned out better i think.

No they dont make any metal tracks yet, but when or if they do i will get them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
Nice update! The paint looks pretty darn close to me. I wouldn't worry about it. How do you keep your machine so clean? You play with in the dirt a lot, but everytime I see photos, there doesn't even seem to be dust on it. I am sure if I had a machine like this, I'd keep them really clean too, so I am on your side, and not poking fun at you!
Thx!

Yeah, its close enough!

Sadly we have a thing called winter and that sucks, but it gives a lot of time of building parts, modding, i mostly dont clean it, its just my hands when i work on it thats does the cleaning! But if its very dirty after a run i usually just take the tracks off and clean them out then its good.

I like also like a clean machine, at least on top and under the body, but the undercarrige im not to clean about when its season! And i also have a cover for it when im not working on it or using it becuse i have it in my workshop and it gets quite wet and dirty at times.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:21 AM
Green Horn

So any modified parts that you make, just make 2 so I can purchase them from you. I am serious. So let me know if you you ever have extra.
Thanks,
Eddie
Old 04-15-2013, 03:35 PM
Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc13 View Post
So any modified parts that you make, just make 2 so I can purchase them from you. I am serious. So let me know if you you ever have extra.
Thanks,
Eddie
I will let you know if i make more!

I finally got the new tripple grousers on, the package got lost in transit and was delayed by about a week, now it has the right shoes for the model it is.

The snow has finally started to melt over here and its not much left, maybe still frozen in the ground but its on the way to get diggable!

Old 10-13-2013, 12:24 PM
Wannabe

Finally got some time to run the hitachi, have worked a lot this summer in another city, today a guy on a Swedish forum called me and wanted to meet so we did, it was a great day in the sun.

He had his Stahl 742 dozer and a deere tractor with dump bed, very nice models.

I have also got new brushless motors for the track drive that I'm going to mount as soon as I get home, also a new version of the grading bucket is taking shape.

Other then that I'm going to try to save up to a THS Volvo L250G!

Here is a few pics from today...

[IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w20/gcrawler/201
31013_163426_zps0ba592a8.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited by Azonic; 10-13-2013 at 12:31 PM.