RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Equipment Tech

Construction Equipment Tech Hydraulics, Electronics, General Engineering, ect in constr equip

Old 05-12-2016, 04:55 PM
Apprentice

TheBennyB is on a distinguished road
Default RC4WD 4200XL models and nomenclature?

Ok, i've been reading all kinds of posts on this and other forums and have some questions. This is my first hydraulic r/c so please be patient on my novice questions if you don't mind. This all may be on me but it seems there are some discrepancies on models and equipment. I supposedly have the version 1.5 but have read some have a 4th servo for a "spillage valve?" Mine only has 3 servo's for the booms and bucket. The rotary knob above the left stick does nothing, neither does switching the 3 pos switch above the right stick off of N. My serial number is on the under carriage not in the operators cabin. The endpoint for the pump motor is set at 30% from factory. My lights have the exterior switch and can't be turned on via TX. Also mine came with spring loaded idler wheels. How does this compare to other newly acquired version 1.5's I was wondering? Also, 30% on the pump motor seems a bit high. What are the rest of you running at? Thanks for any input.
Old 05-13-2016, 03:59 AM

schmoking is on a distinguished road
Default Re: RC4WD 4200XL models and nomenclature?

vers. 1.5 is suposed to have 4 valves... the 4th valve is mixed in on the tx so it closes when you use the boom`s and bucket, and open when youre not so the oil can circulate back into the tank.
version 1 only had three valves, that caused some leaking issues with all the pressure on closed valves.

this is the vers. 1.5 valveblock... http://store.rc4wd.com/Hydraulic-Val...15_p_1832.html

i have a diffrent pump motor in mine, but if i remember right i think i heard others say they have it set to 23% or 24%.

Last edited by schmoking; 05-13-2016 at 04:02 AM.
Old 05-13-2016, 09:19 AM
Apprentice

That's what I thought. I have the 1.5 block but no forth servo. Yet another failure from rc4wd quality control. I've read some like the control of the 4 servo from the TX and others think it's more to go wrong, any new opinions since it's been out for a while now?
I've got plenty of servo's laying around so I could put one in at anytime if people are really liking the control and may help with leaks, reliability, etc.
Old 05-13-2016, 09:42 AM
Apprentice

Well I was wrong. I do have the version 1.0 3 valve block. I was told I would be receiving the 1.5 and it does have the exterior light swich and bec for the boom lights. Not sure whats going on with this machine, guess it's a version 1.2. Going to see if RC4WD will send me a 1.5 conversion block and servo out of their wallet as I was told I would be getting the 1.5. I've emailed them so guess we'll see what they say about it.
Old 05-13-2016, 06:36 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Northern Farmer is on a distinguished road

Question did your order directly from Eagle or RC4WD ? I wonder if dealers are converting the first version themselves to 1.5, forgetting things along the way in the process ?
Old 05-13-2016, 11:35 PM
Apprentice

I orderd directly from RC4WD. Interesting that I have 1.5 lighting but 1.0 block. Also gear aux on TX is still set up to turn lights on/off. How long has 1.5 been available? Odd to still be converting and not starting with the 1.5 block unless they have a bunch of 1.0's laying around hence the price drop? Its not a huge deal breaker, hoe will still operate. Just don't like getting jerked around and I'm hoping to get the 1.5 block upgrade on their dime then convert if I want at a later time.
Old 05-14-2016, 12:05 AM
Apprentice

Interesting thought Farmer. You thinking RC4WD may be upgrading 1.0's to 1.5's on their own? Thinking it would of come from CA rather than HK unless the CA address is just a north american office? Either way as long as they agree to send me the 1.5 block upgrade I'm good with it. Just want to get digging!
Old 05-14-2016, 12:13 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RC4WD should definitely supply you with correct 1.5 version parts at their cost. Their advertising the 1.5 version for sale on their website and that's what you should be getting when buying one.
Old 05-14-2016, 12:19 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBennyB View Post
Interesting thought Farmer. You thinking RC4WD may be upgrading 1.0's to 1.5's on their own? Thinking it would of come from CA rather than HK unless the CA address is just a north american office? Either way as long as they agree to send me the 1.5 block upgrade I'm good with it. Just want to get digging!
Yeah mine came straight from Hong Kong but I ordered directly from Eagle on Aliexpress. It would make sense from the dealers point of view rather then being stuck with old inventory...pass it off as new and improved. Who know's though ?
Old 05-19-2016, 08:40 AM
Apprentice

So according to rc4wd I have the latest version 1.5 and it has a new 3 valve
block system. They also mentioned they are no longer shipping the 1.5 with a 4 valve block but can still be bought separately until they are out of inventory.
Old 05-19-2016, 02:08 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Good to know!
Old 05-20-2016, 03:48 AM

thats weird... not to impressed with rc4wd on this. i looked at their site and from what i can see the only thing they mention about this is that the 1.5 valveblock is now listed as an optional upgrade for the 1.5 excavator?!?!
so is this just the old vers. 1 valveblock they now use? (i would guess so.. since they list 1.5 vers. as an upgrade). thumbs down for rc4wd!!! guess thats where some of the price reduction came from...
Old 05-20-2016, 08:58 AM
Apprentice

Just got an email from rc4wd asking where I heard about 1.5's being shipped with the 4 valve block. I told them I was informed by various owners on various forums and even the manual states to not move the aux switch "N" or it will change default settings of the pump. They are now saying they may upgrade existing 1.5's on a case to case basis. So now let's see what they come back with. If nothing else, all this run around is kinda interesting in just seeing how these jokers are handling this.
Old 05-20-2016, 09:18 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

What a joke! Sounds like they are trying to scam people by selling the old version but if you are smart enough to figure it out then they will give you the upgrade. LAME! I hope they give you the upgraded parts but it still sucks. You buy the latest version you should get the latest version upon delivery not after weeks of emails and time spent trying to twist their nipples.
Old 05-20-2016, 01:21 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

And here's the internals on mne
Old 05-20-2016, 01:28 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Wtf won't be dealing with RC4WD regarding Eagle's products. Guess I was right, they are trying to pass off the first version as the current one! That's hella shady! Going to continue buying directly from Eagle.
Old 05-21-2016, 08:02 AM
Apprentice

Yea, I usually give a strike or 2 to vendors before getting on them but this is really getting out of hand. If it comes to it do u mind if I send them the pic of yours Farmer?

Last edited by TheBennyB; 05-21-2016 at 08:04 AM.
Old 05-21-2016, 09:38 AM

so... first they tell you it has a new 3 valve block system and they are no longer shipping the 1.5 with a 4 valve block, then they ask you where you heard about 1.5's being shipped with the 4 valve block???
i thought rc4wd was a decent company... did they change owners or something? i been saving up to buy the wheel loader from them, sure not gonna happen now!!!
Old 05-21-2016, 01:36 PM

alaskantoy is on a distinguished road

Just wanted to tell you that you're not alone. Dealing with this exact issue as we speak. Mine was shipped about a month ago and now im trying to get it up and running and ran into the three valve vs four valve block issues. Im waiting to hear back but my immediate reply to their 2 day reply definitely slows this down. Good luck........ as it seems we both need it and many more may as well
Old 05-21-2016, 02:05 PM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskantoy View Post
Just wanted to tell you that you're not alone. Dealing with this exact issue as we speak. Mine was shipped about a month ago and now im trying to get it up and running and ran into the three valve vs four valve block issues. Im waiting to hear back but my immediate reply to their 2 day reply definitely slows this down. Good luck........ as it seems we both need it and many more may as well
Glad to hear I'm not alone on this but also discouraged it's happening at a frequency now. Let us know how you fare and I'll keep updating as well. Does yours have spring loaded idlers?