RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Equipment Tech

Construction Equipment Tech Hydraulics, Electronics, General Engineering, ect in constr equip

Old 07-01-2016, 06:13 PM
Apprentice

liftmys10 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: RC4WD 4200XL models and nomenclature?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDToumanian View Post
I think you may be misunderstanding Eagle's posting there... The way I read the first paragraph, is that they are thanking customers for their support and suggestions, so they are getting rid of the older model... "this version which carries many customers' memories", at the lower price of $1790.

The second paragraph... MEANWHILE (meaning while they're getting rid of the old model) they have introduced this NEW model, pictured below, to be released later.

There is no indication that the new model will be at the sale price of the old model.
Thats how I understood it as well. Same as JDTOumanian
Old 07-01-2016, 06:41 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Northern Farmer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDToumanian View Post
I think you may be misunderstanding Eagle's posting there... The way I read the first paragraph, is that they are thanking customers for their support and suggestions, so they are getting rid of the older model... "this version which carries many customers' memories", at the lower price of $1790.

The second paragraph... MEANWHILE (meaning while they're getting rid of the old model) they have introduced this NEW model, pictured below, to be released later.

There is no indication that the new model will be at the sale price of the old model.
You might be right.
Old 07-01-2016, 06:54 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I emailed Tang to help clear things up, will let you guys know what he says.
Old 07-01-2016, 11:13 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Thumbs up Re: RC4WD 4200XL models and nomenclature?

Yup you guys were right! My bad. The 1790$ only applies to the current model that they are liquidating. Pricing has yet to be confirmed for the new excavator model by Eagle. Was told it will be available this summer in roughly a month or two.
Old 07-02-2016, 03:38 AM
Wannabe

Rimrock is on a distinguished road

The new model is quite more detailed than the current, with more CNC milling of parts is seams, $3000-3500 is maybe not too far away.
Old 07-02-2016, 05:23 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Considering when the first excavator was released it cost 2699$ US and was far less detailed, your probably not too far off Oyvind.
Old 07-02-2016, 11:08 PM

JDToumanian is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Farmer View Post
Yup you guys were right! My bad. The 1790$ only applies to the current model that they are liquidating. Pricing has yet to be confirmed for the new excavator model by Eagle. Was told it will be available this summer in roughly a month or two.
Ah. I predict it will be $3000 or so, basically in the same price range as the loader and dozer... I'm glad I got one at the blowout price while I had the chance.

I notice they say the new model is 'all CNC' or something like that, and that may be true, but it's clearly not machined from solid bar stock... Almost everything I see in the new picture is die-cast. Nothing wrong with that, although die castings are generally not as strong as solid billet material would be, so it will be interesting to see how durable it turns out to be with heavy use. I hope Martin from 'Digging with Martin' buys one!

I ordered a brushless track upgrade kit for mine, direct from Eagle, which AliExpress showed 'in stock'. But I got an email from Roy at Eagle a few days later saying they were out of stock of the older brushless track upgrade kits, and only had the newer, more detailed die-cast version in stock, and if it was okay for them to send me that kit instead of the one pictured. I said sure! The new brushless track kit is supposed to be more durable and has 4 planet gears instead of 3... The DHL tracking says it will arrive Tuesday, so maybe I'll start a separate thread for that. I haven't seen any postings about the new kit anywhere yet...

Jon

Last edited by JDToumanian; 07-02-2016 at 11:11 PM.
Old 07-02-2016, 11:25 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Thumbs up Re: RC4WD 4200XL models and nomenclature?

Should be interesting looking forward to seeing your excavator!