RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Equipment Tech

Construction Equipment Tech Hydraulics, Electronics, General Engineering, ect in constr equip

Old 03-26-2011, 07:38 AM
Green Horn

Heavy Metal is on a distinguished road
Default Hyd Pump - What did I just buy?

Picked one of these off ebay. Couple left. Anyone know anything about these? Did I waste my money? Lower pressure than most stuff on here. Thought these might work for utility applications like tow truck and utility truck booms or stabilizers, etc. Didn't do the math to see if it could lift a dump truck body full of sand....maybe retrofit w/ a new set of SS gears would allow higher pressure? Mostly wanted to just tinker with it some day and see what I could make it do.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Joe
Old 03-26-2011, 08:08 AM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Hyd Pump - What did I just buy?

Joe , it may be a washer fluid pump . Though I'm not sure thank you I'll be tinkering with it to For the $ it worth it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:09 AM
Admin RIP FGD 2-12-59/12-19-11

FreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the rough

What are they made to do? Pump fuel for jets? Do you know what the max pressure is? Most of all,can you run them for longer than 2 min,before there red hot? If there made for airplane landing gear,be careful you don't burn your hand on it,if you run for any period of time.
For $35 you can't go wrong,even if you have to mod them for your use.
FGD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:03 AM

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

just did some checking on it . It is used in the health and science ind.

Specs : 3.2 L/min (0.85 GPM), 5.6 bar (80 psi), 0.316 to 1.12 ml/rev

no motor included . original motor is magnetic propulsion , with some work a elc motor could be configured to run it . They are made to handle some volatile stuff . the interesting thing is , My wife could prob. get them from work the pressure is no concern for me as the flow is ,although it appears to have some sort of pressure regulating apparatus on it . well we shall see

Old 03-26-2011, 09:05 AM
Green Horn

Freddy....they are like 80 p.s.i....there is a link to read about them. Did not find any info on type of applications but seem to be rated for continuous duty in industrial applications so prob not running hot unless you run over pressure. Main issue is they are designed for use w/ magnetic drive motor so there is no shaft to seal. Have to buy their motor (don't know cost yet) or modify to adapt conventional motor and design shaft seal.

http://www.micropump.ca/micropump_120series.htm
Old 03-26-2011, 11:34 AM
Wannabe

pugs is on a distinguished road

If they have PEEK gears, you won't gain much going to stainless gears. Peek is a super plastic (read expensive) with some amazing strength and heat properties.

If you can figure out a shaft drive motor, that is probably the weak point, the 80 psi is probably just under where the mag drive starts to slip. If the relief valve can't handle anything higher, then bottom it out and use an external one.
Old 03-26-2011, 02:17 PM

when I get mine I'll give a review . looking at the pics , there is a shaft that the magnet attaches to . so these 4 pumps are not complete . From what I see , you will have to make a plate to go over the side where the shaft comes out . I'm thinking of setting it up much like vero does with the jung .

Again , Joe thanks for the find and the link this seems to be something to work with . they also make some with a higher flow rate and working pressure . looks like another place to call .

Old 03-27-2011, 04:15 PM
Green Horn

Vanisle is on a distinguished road

I have looked at these for a long time but never quite got around to buying one. Great price. They can get really expensive. You can also buy rebuild kits without the housing. Looking forward to see how well they work.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:57 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Stuff is on a distinguished road

looks okay to me. lets see when you get them!
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
Old 04-01-2011, 12:29 PM

got mine today , not bad , I need to get a good motor and make a plate to mount the motor . I just run out of time

Old 04-01-2011, 07:19 PM
Green Horn

Got mine too...same story. Any suggestions on motor? Specs say the magnetic motors run up to 4000RPM...just need to figure what kind of power it needs to have. Need to find the specs for the Johnson motor on my Leimbach pump I guess....
Old 04-01-2011, 07:39 PM

give me a little time I got a busy weekend some one coming to look at my td8E but I need tools ! and it's not making money .

Old 04-01-2011, 09:35 PM
Wannabe

pugs is on a distinguished road

Well, the specs above calculate to 0.03967 hydraulic hp
Old 04-03-2011, 11:40 PM
Green Horn

Okay guys...the Idex Micropump project was looking too cool to pass up this weekend so gave her a try. Didn't have the right motor but went ahead and put it together with a stock Tamiya can motor to see what she would do.

These pumps are designed to have mag drive motors so in that configuration there is no shaft to seal...but these pumps are missing the motor. Mag drives for these can be had but for big bucks. So challenge here is to make a plate that lets the oil flow internal for press relief but seals the drive shaft.

Drive and I/O side of the pump...the mag motor would be bolted on these three holes....

Business side, broke in half...cavity plate slides right off the pins too...

So here is the "conversion kit" I fabricated to adapt the can motor....

O-ring sits in a pocket. Idea was to be able to add washer shims as needed on the pump side to add compression and tighten up. The test run leaked - just a little - so we'll have to see if stacking a shim and compressing the o-ring a bit more will stop it. The outside seal didn't leak...I milled a raised lip about .005 to sit down in the teflon pocket. Seemed to do the trick (even though the Taig is struggling to cut a round circle...need to do some backlash maintenance!!)

Made some standoff spacers and put it all together...

Plumbed into my old backhoe test board...

She works!! My test battery was about dead before I thought to grab the camera...pic shows 70 psi but she was pegged at 80 for the first few minutes...which is what the specs say for the internal pressure relief. The can motor didn't have power needed but I was able run the cylinders in and out a few times. It does work.

A few things before any videos... Fix the leak. Get a real motor and try to find a stronger spring for the press relief. And hopefully that will do it. Joe

Old 04-04-2011, 07:24 AM

you bugger , you beat me too it

Old 04-04-2011, 11:11 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Stuff is on a distinguished road

ha i was playing with a backhoe like that the other day!

glad to see you got these pumps going!! would you say they are bigger then the conventional units out there now?
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
Old 04-04-2011, 11:55 AM
Green Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuff View Post
glad to see you got these pumps going!! would you say they are bigger then the conventional units out there now?
Yeah, its a little bigger...my Idex pump & motor rig is about same size as Leimback pump/motor/tank. BUT, the cavity plate and gears are similar in size so in theory could be re-worked to be about same size as Leimbach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post
you bugger , you beat me too it
Yeah well Steve...it really working just yet. Once I got the leak fixed I'll declare it a victory.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:03 PM

Joe get your leak fixed before changing anything . let me guess around the shaft ?

Old 04-04-2011, 07:02 PM
Green Horn

Yep, leaks around the input shaft. Will be trying a fix to compress the o-ring a bit more and let you know how it goes...
Old 04-04-2011, 08:24 PM

I can get a shaft seal for them , but the specs are for low speed not to mention $$$ . when you dish out leave the area at the shaft in so it goes against the pump housing at the shaft . I was going to do what you did just have the motor stacked on top of the pump using a timing belt and gears/pulley much like verio's setup . I just have my rotary setup for hubs and don't want to take the jig off till the cnc mill is running . I def. got a bad sevo amp now just to get 1 or 2 , 1 for the 4th axis