RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 04-24-2011, 07:18 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of
Default Ford VS Chevy.Now Spudd roast!

OK why is tit when the new Camaro came out the magazines compared the SS version to the mustang GT and not the Cobra which is closer in HP and displacement. The magazines also picked a Dodge RT Challenger and not the SRT8 which is also closer in HP and displacement. The magazine was car and driver that has always been a Chevy fan but hay they aren't biased.

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 04-24-2011, 07:37 PM

will43209 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ford Mustang VS Chevy Camaro

I think the Cobra's competition would be the Vette. The Cobra is their "street" supercar, outside of the Ford GT. I think they went by price on the comparison. The Vette will kill the Cobra, and its cheaper. In my opinion, on price and style and speed and options---Chevy's Rule! Why spend $80grand on a Ford Mustang, when it can't beat a $60grand Vette?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:51 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by will43209 View Post
I think the Cobra's competition would be the Vette. The Cobra is their "street" supercar, outside of the Ford GT. I think they went by price on the comparison. The Vette will kill the Cobra, and its cheaper. In my opinion, on price and style and speed and options---Chevy's Rule! Why spend $80grand on a Ford Mustang, when it can't beat a $60grand Vette?
Leave price out of it the Cobra is still a mustang, and the Vette is not a Camaro and you are saying it is fair to put a 500HP Camaro up against a 300HP Mustang now come on. Now if you want apples to apples lets put the Vette up against the Ford GT.

Travis

Old 04-24-2011, 08:13 PM

Well Ford should make a 500 hp Mustang in the same price range. Shelby GT's cost around $100grand, with a little more hp. I would put a Z06 Vette up against a Ford GT. They have almost the same hp, but the Vette is lighter. I bet it'll be close, and wouldn't cost over $100grand. The 2011 Zo6 Vette, all carbon fiber, 6 speed trans is $63grand. So, with price and performance--Chevy Rocks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:18 PM
Out of control

I guess with a government hand out Chevy can keep their price down so look at it this way your tax money helped you by a cheaper car.

Travis

Old 04-24-2011, 08:26 PM

Cool! I'll take it! And will still beat a Mustang off the light! The SS is a 6 speed automatic. I can also shift it manually with the paddles on the wheel. I think Chevy has a better all around car.

Old 04-24-2011, 08:28 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhhhstix View Post
I guess with a government hand out Chevy can keep their price down so look at it this way your tax money helped you by a cheaper car.

Travis
thats a good 1 I always thought GM = gov. motors oh wait a min . they're still making the vette and camaro I thought they only could make electric cars

Old 04-24-2011, 08:49 PM

I guess they said "Sike!". But all big businesses are hooked up with the government in some way. From tax breaks, to borrowing $$$. So in reality, as long as they pay taxes, and keep things "clean" on the outside--they can pretty much do what they want.

Old 04-24-2011, 08:55 PM
Out of control

Quote:
Originally Posted by will43209 View Post
Cool! I'll take it! And will still beat a Mustang off the light! The SS is a 6 speed automatic. I can also shift it manually with the paddles on the wheel. I think Chevy has a better all around car.
An automatic! I thought you said you had a sports car. All kidding aside the Camaro is a good car it is just a shame they took so long to bring it back after Ford release the new Stang for 2005, well at least Dodge took notice and released the Challenger. In 2006 when I bought by red Stang it was the only option and when I got the 2010 I couldn't beat the deal I got on it. My new Stang has every option but the convertible which I didn't want any way. I bought the 2010 in Aug of 09 and with my trade in and talking them down I got a fully loaded GT Premium for $19,000 and it listed for $35,000 so I didn't feel to bad about that. I had one thing going for me when I traded I wanted the new car but really didn't care if I got it unless they met my terms and after two weeks of the salesmen hounding me he realized that.

Travis

Travis

Old 04-24-2011, 09:19 PM

Good deal Travis! I paid $37 cash in April of 2010. My Dad told me about 15 years ago, "Son, if you can--Never have a car payment!" Well, once I understood what he was saying, and figured out how to do it--I'm glad to say I haven't had a car payment in over 10 years. My wifes mad right now, because she's making payments. When you add the car plus the interest, its like you're paying double. I just started buying cars, fixing them up and selling them for more than I paid for it. Even with my business, I did the same thing. All my trucks are paid for cash. I teach my kids the samething. It works for me. Man Travis, I forgot this is a scale semi truck forum! Ttyl.

Old 04-24-2011, 09:24 PM
Out of control

We can have fun and discus other stuff and the cars are part of our lives as well and as much as I love RC it is not the only thing I do for fun.

Travis

Old 04-24-2011, 09:31 PM

Me either. Heh heh heh. The Bud truck has been a welcomed friend at my house! Cheers

Old 04-24-2011, 09:37 PM

Bodyman is on a distinguished road

at least ford told the goverment to shove thier money up thier ash when they tried to tell themhow to run thier company. The GM bigwigs dont care about the company,they
still get there money. and gm still owes the govt. billions. Ford had his name at stake.
its his company. hey travis, i have a 08 GT convertible. i ordered it special. Everything
but heated seats since its stored in the winter. The manager at indy let me parked it out front last year. And for ten grand i can send it down to shelby and they can make it a shelby with 500 hp. 3 yrs od and only 5800 miles on it.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:54 PM

derailed is on a distinguished road

scared to drive it eh
i'll take the camaro thank you
Old 04-24-2011, 09:54 PM

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

you guys can have your new 1's although that challenger catches my eye a few changes and I'd have a new plymouth . I've talked about selling my "68" barracuda but wife said NO!! I had a "69" also but got tired of seeing it rusting away before I could get it built as a pro street

Old 04-24-2011, 10:00 PM

a challenger built up would look good and run top notch
but a mustang will always be the same
no use beating a dead horse, it won't do anything
i probably would like a new mustang if they changed it
it does have some promise, not alot but some
Old 04-24-2011, 10:01 PM
Dozer Builder

td9clyde will become famous soon enoughtd9clyde will become famous soon enough

I have one lol first gen all wheel drive 4 cylinder turbo mitsubishi eclipse would beat both the vette and the mustang off the line bone stalk
Old 04-24-2011, 10:05 PM

well the challenger is going to be in compitition with a VW tdi jet and beside my big dump didn't sell So over the next couple years I'll be adding some bling to it so cars are out for me . more likely machine tools

Old 04-24-2011, 10:07 PM

LOL
it may have bottom end but loses it top end
don't put anything past a turbo import tho
pocket rockets
lol
Old 04-24-2011, 10:18 PM

glen , I'm talking practicality if my wife didn't drive 60 mi. 1 way to work I'd grab that challenger in a hart beat

Last edited by ihbuilder; 04-24-2011 at 10:41 PM.