RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 02-21-2014, 06:18 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: My Mruder (bruder cat320 something look alike)

There's been a couple guys on here lately that have ordered Premacon hyds with a part or two missing from the package... hopefully it's just a temporary brain fart that they quickly correct cause they certainly have made a name for themselves for a quality hyd component package... did you upgrade to their pump & rotary valves?

Joe
Old 02-22-2014, 01:49 AM
Green Horn

cdm is on a distinguished road

Not their hyds. Before I drop 800$ worth of order I do a cheaper, 300$ order to see if I even want to bother with the company ever again. so far, on the fence.

I got their attention and they said they will "ship Tuesday" of next week. we shall see.

The waiting games are real.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:42 PM
Green Horn

got a tracking number, but package hasn't been dropped off yet. however I see no reason it won't be by end of day.

so, now I await for DHL. it takes them anything from 1 to 6 weeks depending on the timing of the planes/ships/canoes. it seems packages sit in queue with them until the next shipment is filled up.

yay im excited. sorta. been a long time coming

Old 10-15-2015, 01:49 PM
Green Horn

Life and other hobbies got in the way...

I see geardoctor has the big leimbach pump in stock so im about to buy that and restart this project. The jung is 500euros (and ill have to beg premacon to ship it) and would require too much internal modification (maybe even new valves). While 900ml is nice, its way overkill. 480ml version of leimbach should be perfect (im at 280 now and its fine except for when you have to power multiple cyls, namely the twin on the boom and anything else in combo with those)

So, dragged this out from under the piles of dust to see what parts ive lost during year+ in storage. A few things are missing but not that many. Preparing a shopping list to replace them. Meanwhile, marvel at the hex drivers holding it up.

I found a cool toy deere digger on amazon a long time ago and like that cab. The cab I made was based on mining units and it changed the scale of the model too much. The shape of the body would have to bee redone to not look weird so Im not using it after all. You can see it in pages past I believe. I think I have it shown complete? not sure... been a while.

The chassis is complete.. there is nothing to do to it. The boom is also essentially done (premacon bucket taken off due to ease of me tinkering). All that's left is me to get the hose wiring and finish the body and details (walkways etc). I began cutting the body profile but stopped as the project was shelved following the lack of a proper volume pump. I have been playing with the hose routings a lot, thinking how to make them more real. many blocks were drilled and tested but im still undecided on what route to take with that.

Also, there isn't a single bruder part left in that. The design isn't really based on it any longer either. I should change the title...

The tracks are supposed to look oversized. I always liked the wide track diggers (like demolition units) hence I oversized them. It will shrink to proportion with 1" walkways around the sides.

Old 10-22-2015, 04:14 PM
Green Horn

attached the bucket for good. I became lazy and just adapted it to the mount I already had, I didn't want to hack the bucket too much. Right now it still fits the R944.

Its a bit of a qd. Only the front pin is removed and the bucket slides out. Good enough.

The arm is cut out of a solid piece of delrin based plastic with stainless bushings pressed in the holes where shafts connect. So that's now done as well.

I don't think I ever showed the bucket I made. It is basically the same volume as the wide premacon. Just different shape (narrower and deeper). This is what the mount was designed around and I didn't want to change it. It is screwed and alum weld sealed out of around 20 pieces. I still like it and might use it. Yep I've learned a lot and tried a lot of things with this build.