RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 08-19-2014, 10:13 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

I abandoned the dump truck project as I purchase on from a fellow member. Now I can keep my haul rig. I made new frame rails and 4-1/4" shorter. Basically the length of the sleeper. I'm wanting this to be more of a hauler, maneuverable truck. To me it looks goofy but I'm use to seeing the sleeper cab. I cut out the middle of the side skirts also. I may not have the smoke stacks there. I'm going to still have tanks, at least something to fill the void behind cab. And planning on a flip open body for access/battery. With smoked/tinted windows.

It looks better in the pics than eyeballing it. I don't have any experience with 1:1 or 1:14 trucks. Only thing I have driven is a mobile home toter pulling and setting home sections.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:18 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

http://youtu.be/VTf7Kd_8eg8

A simple test run to see how well it turns, and looks. I'm using the flysky radio with touch screen. I do have to say that this pistol radio has some good adjustments. I can slow down the start/ reverse power, throttle curve, expo ect. Just using a cheep hk esc, running on 2s in first gear with a 55t crawler motor.
Old 08-27-2014, 02:18 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Whooooo-hoooooo!!!!! Like a kid in a toy store!!!! (Again)

http://youtu.be/C173Pq78r20
Old 08-27-2014, 07:35 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
Whooooo-hoooooo!!!!! Like a kid in a toy store!!!! (Again)

http://youtu.be/C173Pq78r20
Oh so cool! Lucky guy and unlike what the wife says, your NOT wasting money!

Have fun and can't wait to see what you create in the future!

Mario
Old 08-27-2014, 07:39 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

That is sweet! How big is the print area on that? 5"x5"? Staples sells them here in Canada and they have come down $300 in the last couple of months...Me wanty
Old 08-27-2014, 09:18 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Yes another addition to the garage shop, although it's in the living room!! Thought the wife would say it smells of burning plastic but it is not even noticeable unless you have your nose to the build plate (yes I did) .

Yup print area is about 5x5x5 close. I just printed a part that was 130mm wide. Was making a plate for radio and esc to span the tranny with a vertical area to tie in the back of the cab on the areomax. Bolting onto the frame rails. It was the first part, I did have the edges warp upwards during the last 20min of print. Only let the bed warm up 15min and should have longer but dammit I wanted to see it work!! Figured there will be some learning parts bin . My biggest hurdle is the design software, using autodesign123d (I think / without looking). Figured I'm sure I will be able to get what I want made by using shareware and not $$$ cad software. At least till I know what I'm doing and how much I use it. Have to learn a different way of designing now. With the milling and lathe I had it in my head and only had the measurements written. And during the build I could remove part test fit/tweak ect,,, now I'm realizing how important and useful plans are . My tape measure and calipers use to be a sharpie. Now I think I'm actually going to have use a ruler and calipers. As I have researched a lot from others once you get the hang of it , it becomes easier and very useful in the shop. Been pretty busy lately but will update regularly.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:15 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Printed my first part, it's just an idea and will need refined. I'm planning on adding more but this will bolt to the frame rails. The cab is going to be hinged from front bumper and this will allow some sort of stop for the back of the cab. Also the radio and esc now have a place to sit, one on each side of the tranny. There will be a shelf above motor to hold a 5000mah 2s battery, that too will be printed (I think?, at least the frame work for it ).
Old 08-30-2014, 03:10 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

KOOL!!!

You've already proven your high level of skills doing it manually with lathe & mill... I'm sure this will be a snap for you too.

Joe
Old 09-01-2014, 02:30 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

It's posing to be a steeper learning curve than any milling operations I've had to learn!!!!! It's a different way of visualizing a part to build. Ya know needing measurements and an idea of what the finished part will look like before it's built. Kinda opposite from what I normally do. Lol!!

Had some work with the d11 this weekend Dow at the river lot. Was working on our 1:16 scale stadium truck track.

And the site boss was keeping an eye on things!!

And the best part of being the operator, a nice comfortable seat along with a wire beverage holder. Oh and the spray bottle for the pesky department of wildlife officer. (He keeps the little critters out of the worksite( just water ))
Old 09-01-2014, 05:29 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Looks like it was a low stress, beautiful day of work! And a nice comfy chair don't hurt ! Lol
Nice work with the dozer on the track. Looks great!
Old 09-05-2014, 12:34 AM

weemanch is on a distinguished road

What 3d printer is that?
Old 09-05-2014, 12:50 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

The printer I have is afinia h480. Another member on this forum had a thread regarding printers. He was very accurate in describing the afinia / octave printers. They make it more user friendly in positioning and printing. You don't have to incorporate any support structure, the software does it automatically. And I value others opinions who have results the speak for themselves. . For me the hard part is learning how to design parts and learn the software. Just need more fiddling time .

And look what was at the door today, my first truck trailer!!
Old 09-06-2014, 10:28 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

http://youtu.be/qcM1nQuSYlw

My wife and myself just "acquired " a baby nutt eater. Over the years we have had several and successfully released back into the wild. Anyone ever see the waterskiing squirell? Well I've got some big plans for this little guy!!!! Lol!!! He is going to be enrolled in heavy equipment operators school!!!!
Old 09-08-2014, 11:01 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Made an enclosure with some leftovers. Eliminated any parts warping, separating. Was and am very happy with quality of parts coming out!!

And I think in a couple weeks of messing around and learning how to use design software this should be a very helpful asset to the shop tools!!
Old 09-08-2014, 11:04 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Little Napoleon is getting healthier and eating much much better, has developed teeth so in a couple weeks should be able to chew up plastic parts efficiently!! (Rescued this little guy). I haven't enrolled him in heavy equipment operators classes yet.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:19 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Some more time on the heavy hauler, esc / rx tray installed. Originally I wanted to make the cab hinge at front grill but am rethinking of using a completely removable cab. Magnets will hold cab onto frame and electronics (lights ) will be getting power from a simple contact tab. I haven't seen anyone do that before so I figure I'll give it a try. As lights on cab will be like 5-7 volts and not much draw. That eliminates me messing with a hinge setup and will give full access to battery. I still have to make the battery tray and figure how to fill the void, fake tanks? Flat enclosure between side skirts and frame.
Old 09-10-2014, 05:03 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

For the animal lovers!! Rehabilitation of natures seed planter is going well, he was a little groggy but that did t last long.

I keep flip flopping with the aeromax. Hood hinge, magnets, ect. Playing with the printer has definitely made me think in a different manner. Good I think but designing hasent been my strongpoint!! So until I have a good direction of what I'm doing I'm going to quit saying what I doing. I'm changing my mind more than my wife does! And just can't have that happen!!! Lol!!!
Old 09-10-2014, 05:08 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I see how this works. First you save and revive the little guy, then put him to work! ..... Your a tough boss Ralph.

Mario
Old 09-10-2014, 05:23 PM
Wannabe

andyathome is on a distinguished road

I can see why hes not to happy.
he needs a nice comfy seat and some air conditioning.
My mrs wants one just been explaining we dont have them in NZ . And she said why not we should!
Creature comforts in the truck?
Old 09-11-2014, 02:50 AM
Journeyman

Exclusive RC is an unknown quantity at this point

Great stuff bud, wish I had all that space to play with my toys, great work brother, keep it up!