RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Tech section. > Sound Systems tech

Sound Systems tech This section is dedicated to the sound systems for our models. Tamiya MFU, Servonaut, etc.

Old 08-12-2014, 09:34 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

BRICKNICK is on a distinguished road
Question MFU vs Euro truck MFU

Now I'm sure someone's has asked before but I couldn't find the thread, What is the difference s between the standard mfu and the euro truck version of the mfu? I don't have either and have zero experience with the mfu kits, but would like to by one. I was just curious on the differences and what are the pros and cons of both?
Old 08-12-2014, 11:39 PM
Green Horn

mavrick0 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MFU vs Euro truck MFU

Number one is sounds obviously. But I find the Euro sounds like the newer diesels with all the emissions stuff on them. A few of the other differences are the signals don't always come on when you turn like the original, you need to "arm" them. The truck doesn't start up as soon as you turn on power, you have to actually manually start the truck with the remote. You get an air horn and electric horn sound that you can switch back and forth. With the euro you don't have a rev mod however you can use the right stick as a clutch which will allow you to rev the engine but can also slowly release the "clutch" and the truck will respond to it. There's a few other things that I can't think of right now but I'm glad I went with the euro in my Cascadia, specially for the turn signals. That was one thing that always bugged me about the original when I built my knight hauler many years ago.
Old 09-16-2014, 01:30 PM
Tamiya Rep

janderson will become famous soon enoughjanderson will become famous soon enough
Default Re: MFU vs Euro truck MFU

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRICKNICK View Post
Now I'm sure someone's has asked before but I couldn't find the thread, What is the difference s between the standard mfu and the euro truck version of the mfu? I don't have either and have zero experience with the mfu kits, but would like to by one. I was just curious on the differences and what are the pros and cons of both?
If you visit either product page there is a comparison chart

http://www.tamiyausa.com/items/radio...rol-unit-56511

http://www.tamiyausa.com/items/radio...rol-unit-56523

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.