RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 04-04-2012, 01:31 PM
Green Horn

petermoblin is on a distinguished road
Default Re: HillBilly Deluxe

Great looking build. I like the length and over all look of it
Old 04-04-2012, 05:11 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Claus is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the compliments and encouragement everybody, really keeps me going on this thing. I received two very important packages today. First one is a long story, ever since I seen Nathan's Wedico and Osswald suspension I knew I was hooked. The Osswald suspension was one of the first things I added to the truck. I did not know it until I got my kit and put it on the truck but Osswald had changed their kit over the years and the kit I received was much newer and less quality than the kit Nathan has on his truck, the rear bolsters were longer and the U bolts had been changed to a much cheaper looking setup. Nathan had actually sent me some extra parts which were better than what I had but not as good as the U bolts. Long story short I was able to find one of the NOS kits, the second package I received some more stainless steel M2 hex bolts. Both of these things are much needed for my build.

Last edited by Claus; 04-04-2012 at 08:29 PM.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:15 PM
Green Horn

Dairyland Trucker is an unknown quantity at this point

What a thing of beauty!!!! Thanks for the other info that you sent me on parts really worked out great have parts coming already.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:28 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

You lucked out, Craig! I'm really happy you found an original rear suspension kit. Probably the last NIP one in the states! Cool. Now you'll be happier with the stance, I am sure. I'm really glad to see this truck come together for you. As I said before, it's looking awesome. We can always use more Wedico Petes on the forum!
Old 04-05-2012, 07:21 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Here are the differences in the old parts and the new parts, the old parts (the ones I just got) are much more authentic, shorter bolsters means less "Face Down Azz Up" and U-Bolts are as real as it gets. Osswald does not include lock nuts, I provided those myself for better looks and efficiency.

Old 04-06-2012, 06:15 AM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road

Wow that's a huge difference in size! That will definitely help the stance out!
Old 04-06-2012, 02:03 PM
Green Horn

Dairyland Trucker is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: HillBilly Deluxe

Craig this is really coming along like the way you have done evreything so far, the Wedico truck are nice but just not for me at this time maybe down the road but yours looks great and can't wait to see it finished. Are coming to Indy this year if so hope yours is finshed by then.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:18 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Working on the stance of the truck a little bit tonight. I bought a front axle from The Sweet Pete Wrecker that has been milled down. Still need some custom machining done to my rails but it's coming along. Having another issue with the front tires rubbing on the front bumper since everything is now much lower, will figure something out. Even these photos don't really show the difference.

This is what a Wedico looks like with it's factory stance.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:29 PM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road

Looks good!!
Old 04-27-2012, 08:30 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

That looks pretty awesome, Craig. If there is some dragster rake left in her, I really can't see it. The front bumper with the milled axle is a great combination. The stock Wedicos look pretty toy-like, compared to what you've got going. Nice.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:15 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Thanks everybody! This truck is as frustrating as it is rewarding. I don't have the skills or the tools to do things they way they should be, thanks to guys like Nathan, Russ, John, Rod and Brian. I need to cover some of the frame up with a little longer fuel tanks, a headache rack and maybe a set of steps. Is it too long? Sometimes I think so.

Also thinking about black frame and front fenders, maybe fuel tanks also.

Last edited by Claus; 04-28-2012 at 05:48 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:20 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

BRICKNICK is on a distinguished road

I say the frame is a perfect length, black frame, fenders and maybe the cab and sleeper roof all black would look sweet. I wouldn't paint the tanks tho, Id polish em up. As for the frame, a lil stretch on a Pete always looks Good man.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:45 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

A little more to my liking, the swan had to go, it stuck out too far forward so the Pete hood ornament is back, expensive lesson.

A rose among thorns or are trucks red and tractors green?, you decide.

Old 04-28-2012, 09:47 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I like the length, but then you know my tastes in trucks already! I'd say go for the black fenders and frame. That's an awesome combination. I'm not sure about those green tractors, but I can't figure out why the Cat isn't under the hood!
Old 04-29-2012, 08:18 AM
Wannabe

Snowman is on a distinguished road

I think it's as hard to make a realistic Peterbilt from the wedico Peterbilt as a Tamiya king hauler, just for different reasons. It looks like it's been a real headache to get rid of all that air between the wheels and the front fender but it has paid off, looks really good now. Have you considered milling out the inside of the bumper for extra clearance for the wheels?

My Peterbilt build thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:22 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Yes Nick I have, I don't have a mill so the next time I have somebody make me some parts or do some mill work I'll see if I can get that done as well.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:14 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura about

Looking good. Exhood wedico is my fav looking scale wedico truck but yours is a close 2nd no one takes the time to make them set right if they are not a 6x6 and you and wade have done a great job.

HI.. My name is Paul.. And.. I.. Have a Cabover Addiction.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11 "LET IT EAT"
Like Us on Facebook "Corn Field Mafia"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:31 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Paul I have have studied Wade's truck over and over, the extended hood, the relocated fuel tanks, custom visor and grille, air ride, even the windshield wipers the list goes on and on, it's a great build and Wade was one of the first to really customize a Wedico Peterbilt in an American way, or should I say one of the first I know about. Anyways I am still humbled by his, Nathan's (Espeefan), and Jimmy Powers (SweetPeteWrecke)r trucks. Someday I will get there but that seems so far away.

Speaking of extended hoods, this is something that boggles my mind. If the truck's firewall and grille stay the same width and you lengthen the hood the hood should now have a whole different angle or wedge shape than before. How do guys extended their hoods without making a whole new hood, grille to firewall?

Last edited by Claus; 04-29-2012 at 10:44 AM.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:50 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura about

I think Wade just added on the end of his hood if I remember right but I have to talk to him tonight as we are going to a show next weekend together so ill ask him for sure..

HI.. My name is Paul.. And.. I.. Have a Cabover Addiction.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11 "LET IT EAT"
Like Us on Facebook "Corn Field Mafia"

Old 04-29-2012, 12:18 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Paul if you just add on to one end wouldn't it either have a funny bend when looking down the sides of the hood or like I said earlier the firewall will be wider or the grille narrower.