RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Corral for the IRONHORSE

Corral for the IRONHORSE If it runs on rails,put it here!

Old 04-06-2011, 03:11 PM

yoater is on a distinguished road
Default some of my train stuff

from right to left. Arnold-rapido 4-6-2, bachmann 2-8-2, bachmann 0-8-0, bachmann docksider, atlas 0-6-0. my old powerpack made the arnold smoke all the steamers seem to like my new mrc tech 2 2400 over the 2500.

I started a layout from old desk parts that was supposed to be quick but its stalled atm. the narrow part is about 14" wide x 48". I was going to make it so I could connect to future layouts with the part with the bridge.

Old 06-17-2011, 08:54 PM

Default Re: some of my train stuff

yeah that first idea didn't work at all for a layout lol. the curves were way to sharp to begin with and I guess that is what happens when you get impatient and have to do something.

I've got it drawn out now with a track planning tool

thinking of something like this with the era between 1916-1920.

Top left is a mountain type layout(imagined for now) where all the wood is cut and stuff and you make 2ish loops before pulling into the spur for unloading before pushing the cars back up the hill. for passenger and mainline freight they come in the top left, run around and exit to the right
Old 06-19-2011, 05:34 PM
Journeyman

scalelover is on a distinguished road

Looks like a nice layout. I run n scale with my son. Right now were between layouts and are starting a new one too. Good luck hope to seer more pics

--Dan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-19-2011, 10:15 PM

I picked up a fairbanks morse switcher and a atlas 2-8-2 mikado but I dunno what I'm going to run them on as one is too new and the steamer I think might be too big I'll have to check.

I've been messing with the design, and I picked up some 2x4 foam. I think i might build a wood frame for the foam as a base and use that instead because the 2x3 is so heavy that with all the scenery on it, it might take 2 people to move lol.

I've been talking with people from a couple train forums and thinking on the idea for awhile I've come up with a couple plans that I like.

2x3 to start (actualy 23.5x36.5 *shrugs*) all the curve in the hill run is so I could squeeze 4ft of track into a 3ft area so I didnt have a 10% grade lol

and the 2x4. same concept just stretched. with a passing track inside the mountain.

I kinda forgot to extend the hill so just imagine the track goes all the way off.