RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 06-02-2014, 11:26 PM
Journeyman

tracksntreadslou is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Logging & Construction Equipment

This years show will be a blast ..pretty soon I wont have any more room and will have to be pulling a trailer ..the plant takes up a lot of space so hoping to have room for it ..time to stop building ..NOT !!! ..lol ..Thanks cooper ..I did see a few hoist photos on the net that gave me a few Ideas ..Once the drawing was on Cad I knew it would fold up properly ..It was only a guess as to how much it needed to push out and I got lucky the first time .If you wanted to get creative you could pair them up to gain some more power ..Ian has some 6volt that will plug directly into the receiver .Im not sure if the torque rating is the same ..They do have a toll free # to call if you want to ask more questions ..Im sure Ian would be pleased to yak at you ..The ones I am using are 12 volt ..The set up is around 1 inch thick so it would not struggle too much to start its lift and with the way Reg designed these boxes the floor is slightley raised to alow for a dump mechanizam...Great Job Reg ..Even your tail gate latch will be simple to fasten ..Im going to just copy that for the other box ..let me know if you have any questions Cooper well heres a few pics i promised
Old 06-02-2014, 11:30 PM
Journeyman

Old 06-02-2014, 11:38 PM
Journeyman

Old 06-03-2014, 12:32 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

That setup looks awesome Lou! I almost have the Volvo back up and running so you may want to speed up those conveyors.

If we can camp at the show my plan is to tow our cargo trailer. That way I can bring all of my stuff and it should still have some extra space for the rest of you guys to store some stuff at night. If we bring our campers and all of our models we will be sleeping out on the ground so that our toys stay safe inside for the night!lol My Kenworth will take up the whole floor of our camper....

Have you found out any more about that situation yet Lou?
Old 06-03-2014, 12:59 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

That turned out pretty sweet Lou! We'll done.

...and yeah, what Reg said, wind that puppy up & FEED IT!!!

Joe
Old 06-03-2014, 02:32 AM
Green Horn

Trucker_Jo is on a distinguished road

Sweeeet! Someday I will have to come up and check out your guys stuff at the shows.
Old 06-03-2014, 12:16 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Lou, nice work! I like the fact that's not only a totally functional trommel, but it's also a great load for the trucks to haul around. It looks great all set up and running, but it also looks nice hooked to the 5th wheel plate on your Pacific. Great videos too!
Old 06-04-2014, 01:36 PM
Journeyman

RCLogger will become famous soon enough

The trammel looks like it ready to go to work Lou... Paint job is real SWEET

Greg
Old 06-06-2014, 06:08 PM

Old Guy is on a distinguished road

Great build, it must be the air on Vancouver Island there several great builders and I know you will all have fun at the shows this year and amuse a lot of people.

Earl
Old 06-07-2014, 06:05 PM
Green Horn

avel is on a distinguished road

What Espeefan said x2!

I like the genset too. The Pacific truck is really nice too, nice conversion.
Old 06-07-2014, 07:03 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

SmallHaul will become famous soon enoughSmallHaul will become famous soon enough

Very nice work Lou! Cool piece of equipment.

"No load is too Small"
Old 06-07-2014, 08:26 PM
Journeyman

steamer will become famous soon enoughsteamer will become famous soon enough

Looks good Lou. Even better than the last show. Putting some colour on it really finishes it off!!
Old 06-27-2014, 11:15 PM
Journeyman

Smile Re: Logging & Construction Equipment

Thanks Reg ..I think I have it all tuned up now..The cargo trailer sounds like a great plan ..Great used his for the port alberni show ..BTW it sounds as those boys are moving their show to town ...something about the mill too busy with construction going on ..camping sounds like a go ..we mant to keep in touch with your connections as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
That setup looks awesome Lou! I almost have the Volvo back up and running so you may want to speed up those conveyors.

If we can camp at the show my plan is to tow our cargo trailer. That way I can bring all of my stuff and it should still have some extra space for the rest of you guys to store some stuff at night. If we bring our campers and all of our models we will be sleeping out on the ground so that our toys stay safe inside for the night!lol My Kenworth will take up the whole floor of our camper....

Have you found out any more about that situation yet Lou?
Thanks Joe ..I cant beleive this project has been on the shelf for over a year ..BTW ..Mostly spare parts build..only purchased the bruder conveyors..Definatley want to speed up side conveyors a bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
That turned out pretty sweet Lou! We'll done.

...and yeah, what Reg said, wind that puppy up & FEED IT!!!
Thanks Trucker Jo..Too bad your not closer huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trucker_Jo View Post
Sweeeet! Someday I will have to come up and check out your guys stuff at the shows.
Thanks Nathan..This plant is going to add alot extra hours to the construction park .. roads will be in really good shape ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
Lou, nice work! I like the fact that's not only a totally functional trommel, but it's also a great load for the trucks to haul around. It looks great all set up and running, but it also looks nice hooked to the 5th wheel plate on your Pacific. Great videos too!
Thanks Greg ...Almost time to warm up those machines again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCLogger View Post
The trammel looks like it ready to go to work Lou... Paint job is real SWEET

Greg
Thanks Earl ..You mean Construction model nutcases..lol ..Hey try and get yourself here for the Duncan antique truck show July 12 and mix in with us nutcases

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guy View Post
Great build, it must be the air on Vancouver Island there several great builders and I know you will all have fun at the shows this year and amuse a lot of people.

Earl
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by avel View Post
What Espeefan said x2!

I like the genset too. The Pacific truck is really nice too, nice conversion.

Thanks Scott
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallHaul View Post
Very nice work Lou! Cool piece of equipment.
thanks Rob.Took a while for me to decide on the color .seems to match the existing bruder conveyor color not too bad ..now it needs to get working again ..A tube of grease as it get a little sqeakie

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamer View Post
Looks good Lou. Even better than the last show. Putting some colour on it really finishes it off!!
Old 06-28-2014, 11:21 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road

I'm out of town right now but have some time to roam on the net. On your hoist for the dump, is that lifting a good amount of weight? I built the same idea, but the arm that mounts to the bed is a lot longer. I think I have to move it closer like yours. But while I'm laying idle in some hotel room my gears are still turning. . I think you saw the little bit I did with the torsion helper springs? It works great and those clamps come in all sizes and cheep to cannibalize too
Old 06-29-2014, 01:15 AM
Journeyman

Thanks Cooper ..I was checking out your idea with the springs ..awsome idea and great work ..Its that first little step to get the canter going is the hardest and looks as though it helps ..so far with my design it seems to be working quite well ...i am using the 12 volt cyclinders and the 150 to 1 but not sure if its making much of a difference..So far its only the short little pup and i tried the box full of a box of batteries and chunky little vise.I made up a small 9 battery 10.5 volt AA 700mah pack to fit between the frame rails and managed to get 10 dump cycles out of it ...using the remote set up that they sell as well...I am getting pretty curious now so i may fill it full in the dirt pile and see what it does ...I started to make up some other peices for the truck hoist and am kindof holding back a little to see if this will be ok ..I may use a thinner guage aluminum for the frame so I can double up on the cyclinders ..Im sure that would help lengthen the life of these firgellis..So far I like them and they seem to work quite smooth ..Between the 2 of us im sure we will come up with some cool little hoists
Old 06-30-2014, 08:17 PM
Journeyman

So cooper I did some testing on my design ..I filled the pup box with dirt ..Mostly dry with a little dampness ..I tried with the 9 battery 10.5 volt pack i made up the other day ..No go..I ended hooking up a 3 cell lipo 11.4 volt battery and it came up ok ..Im thinking this should be max for this cyclinder..For th truck box i am going to slghtly modify the thicknesses for the width to accomadate 2 cyclinders side by side ..Im sure it will have prnty of balls to lift it then

Old 06-30-2014, 08:35 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

Wow Lou, when I first scrolled down and looked at the video's thumbnail, I was like how did he make that box so long....

Looks to be working very smooth and I like how quiet the actuator is. It looks like the latch is working right too! Where is the rest of the trailer though?
Old 06-30-2014, 11:05 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road

Looks good, I think I may have to double up also. I may even have the bed a tad bit higher on the inside to accommodate the twin drives. Leaving the sides extending down to conceal a higher bed bottom. I want to make it be able to dump a heaping over loaded bed. Not to say I'll always be overloading but never know. I'll have to look if I have enough room for twins. Lou, is your set up in the frame rails of just above them? And the mobile screening plant is awesome!!!
Old 06-30-2014, 11:58 PM
Journeyman

Thanks reg ..way too many projects and not enough parts ..short of axles and tires ..may have to mill up some matching trilex for the pup

[QUOTE=RCP57;113342]Wow Lou, when I first scrolled down and looked at the video's thumbnail, I was like how did he make that box so long....

Looks to be working very smooth and I like how quiet the actuator is. It looks like the latch is working right too! Where is the rest of the trailer though?[/QUOTE

Thanks ..The unit sits on top of the rails ..Its aproxamatley 1 inch thick ..I did it this way so the canter pivot point would have bit of a start ..with the way reg built the box sides down and the bed raised a little like you are thinking it works out good ..the sides go about 1/2 inch below the bed ..everthing is setting at a looks right height..i will take a few mockup pics on the pacific to give you some perspective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
Looks good, I think I may have to double up also. I may even have the bed a tad bit higher on the inside to accommodate the twin drives. Leaving the sides extending down to conceal a higher bed bottom. I want to make it be able to dump a heaping over loaded bed. Not to say I'll always be overloading but never know. I'll have to look if I have enough room for twins. Lou, is your set up in the frame rails of just above them? And the mobile screening plant is awesome!!!
Old 02-07-2015, 08:08 PM
Journeyman

Been a while since i posted on here ..seems its much easyier to load pics on my FB page these days with the way photobucket is acting up..I have been working away from home through the winter but tinkering a bit ..The dozer got a new pair of shoes ..These are from Frank at fumotec ..A little pricey but detail is outstanding ...in my opinion well worth the $700
The pitch was pretty much the same as what i had on there so the spockets worked out