RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 12-29-2014, 11:39 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

The motor in the last pic was harvested from an old massage chair. On 12v it runs pretty slow, might be perfect for this. The one roller will be the drive roller and other will be tension roller.
Old 01-05-2015, 10:13 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Got back into the swing of things. Have to look up some 1:1 pictures for loading funnel and some kind of elevation or wheel system.
Old 01-05-2015, 10:38 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

Nice to see you back in the groove RW.
Your conveyor is looking super sweet! Can't wait to see it with rollers installed, a fresh coat of paint and some dirt on the move.

As a suggestion for support legs, how's about using a screw drive like Regs dump boxes as a way to power adjust the conveyor height to whatever you want or need?

I'm still along way from building a funnel for mine but my first attempt is going to be like what RVJim has posted. Seems simple enough and effective.
I'd add the link but for some reason my IPad won't copy paste links on here anymore?
Old 01-06-2015, 04:05 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

http://youtu.be/BSS0AAxQkpE

It works!! My wife saw what I had been building and asked what on earth do I need a conveyor for? And I replied " to convey stuff!" Duhhhhh
Old 01-06-2015, 04:25 PM
Journeyman

Mikem is on a distinguished road

That is way cool ! Mike
Old 01-06-2015, 05:10 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Beautiful job RW! That thing runs straight and smooth as silk
Speed looks great also. What RPM did you go with?
I'm very curious to see what kind of angle you can set it at and still carry material. Such a nice job on the rollers and getting a nice dish to the belt. I bet it will work great!
Set that beauty to about 60 degrees, throw some dirt on it and let's see what happens.
Old 01-06-2015, 05:32 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Rpm? Uh,, yea, don't know, lol,, the motor was harvested from an old massage chair and sprockets are a couple teeth different. That was running on 7.2v. Originally I planned on 12v but without adding a trimm pot I just hot wired that 2s pack. I haven't got into much of the electrical part yet. I'm still planning on running 12v with a pot for speed control. I'll get the rpm of what the video was running tonight and post so we both will know . 60 degrees ehh? I'm not going to make this power elevation but will try and make it adjustable to max allowable incline. If I can get material to stay at 45 I will be happy. Might even make it on skids with detachable wheels so I could use a machine to move location of spoil piles. To be honest I never thought about much more than getting the belt moving straight. Now some more planning !!!and some sort of funnel too. Would be cool to have this in a pit so the dozer could push material into.
Old 01-06-2015, 05:37 PM
Journeyman

Exclusive RC is an unknown quantity at this point

Good Job bro, im digging it!
Old 01-06-2015, 08:26 PM
Journeyman

woodhog is on a distinguished road

Looks good can't wait to see it moving dirt
Old 01-07-2015, 03:07 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Your drive roller should be pulling the belt. Looks good, runs quiet & smooth.

I think you'll be hard pressed to get much more than 20° without too much rollback.

Joe
Old 01-07-2015, 03:26 PM
Wannabe

andyathome is on a distinguished road

nice conveyor, have you thought about gluing some teeth to the belt to allow you to have a higher incline if need be.
I found on mine (4 feet long)about 15 degrees was the max before the rocks started to roll down hill, also if I slowed it down you can go a little steeper.
cheers andy
Old 01-07-2015, 04:09 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post

I think you'll be hard pressed to get much more than 20° without too much rollback.
Oops, that redneck engunieerin' again
Old 01-07-2015, 04:18 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyathome View Post
nice conveyor, have you thought about gluing some teeth to the belt to allow you to have a higher incline if need be.
I found on mine (4 feet long)about 15 degrees was the max before the rocks started to roll down hill, also if I slowed it down you can go a little steeper.
cheers andy
Ouch! I'm not liking the numbers you guys are saying but I never doubt people who speak from experience. At those angles I'm going to need a lot more space to make this all work.
I was wondering if drive roller must be on the top end? The way it is now all the belt tension is on the bottom which allows the top to have slack and maintain that curve or cupping effect? I guess with heavy material trying to push up a loose belt won't work though..... Ok. Never mind
I like Lou's idea using the leading edge of a wiper blade as paddles or teeth on a belt. Just not sure how well they will adhere to the treadmill belt?
Old 01-07-2015, 04:18 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyathome View Post
cheers andy
I'm maxing incline out at 70~ or 20 degrees whichever 90 is. Scale wise the pile should have a max height of 25' and a base of around 60-70'. For what I have planned it wouldn't be a max elevation. More for transferring material. What I really need is about six of these lined up for moving material. If this one works out I may built two more for quick transfer of material. I'm planning on spreading cracker dust/ screenings under my deck. And deck is 14x 40'. Lots of work for the perfect sized "toys" under the deck with height of about two feet.
Old 01-07-2015, 05:11 PM
Wannabe

andyathome is on a distinguished road

good plan.im going to be using mine to feed the screening plant , don't have to build a ramp or pile for the excavator to sit on, just feed the conveyor and job done.

cheers andy
Old 01-08-2015, 06:51 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Got the wheels on, it can be elevated a bit more. And lowered completely to the ground. I think it may be a bit heavy for a pintel hitch for the dumptruck but I figure that out later. I still have to get some cross braces and under rollers,, ect,, but you get the idea
Old 01-08-2015, 09:48 PM
BANNED

The 4 inch width conveyer I had in the basement 5yrs ago was at an approx. angle of 17° & I was getting some roll back of larger dirt lumps & rocks. That was the entire reason for originally building the dirt lump crusher -> the finer the dirt, the less that rolled back. The dirt I was elevating was bone dry too!!! it's almost like beach sand.

Moist dirt and crushed rock, I'm sure you could get greater than 20°.

Your belt RW doesn't seem to have much stretch & bottom drive will probably work fine for you, but you will have to run the tension tighter than if it were top drive. While you're still in the building phase, I'd recommend that you fashion some kind of brush wiper just ahead of the bottom drive roller to keep out foreign material that would affect your roller's traction or jam it up.

I have this problem of fine dirt/dust somehow getting on the inside of the belt of the conveyer that's on my dirt lump crusher, it's a bottom drive with a 5" diameter roller with a 4" width hay baler belt. Even with the conveyer tilted a wee bit, any minute amount of moist dirt that goes through the crusher, moist dirt fines will build up/jam up on one side my conveyer drive roller & stall out the crusher completely. One of these days I'll get ambitious, tear my roadway apart & take that crusher & conveyer to the shop to make some very needed improvements! There's over 200lbs of machine there caked in fine dust to monkey with.

Joe
Old 01-09-2015, 11:50 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I haven't got to the hopper area yet joe, but it was planning on having some type of loose rubber or brush to guard against rollback into motor/drive roller area. Just not sure yet, I may just cut some rubber fringe as I've got rubber tubes around but no brush type stuff. Well let me go check the wife's bathroom, I may find some brush material .
Old 01-09-2015, 10:40 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

And that hitch on the dumper may come in handy?

Finally got some mail , parts to get the hoe up and running. I was home when the mail man stopped. As he handed me the box the valve assembly fell out!! I know him and told him I may be getting in touch as I was not sure if anything already got loose!!

But thankfully everything was in the box that I ordered!!! Had a large shift of emotions in a short amount of time today
Old 01-10-2015, 04:58 AM
BANNED

Great timing! You're just about finished project conveyer & now parts arrived for project excavator.

The box for my hammer was tore up like that too , the way the hammer was wrap in bubble wrap it couldn't fall out, but dayum! not much care shown to it during its journey.

Joe