RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 04-24-2017, 03:01 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: RCP Compound

That's a great find!

It'd look pretty cool to have a model dozer of that coming out of the model of the dumptruck...
Old 04-24-2017, 03:24 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Northern Farmer is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: RCP Compound

You must of felt like a kid seeing that old Hanes pull up to the house! Have fun Reg
Old 04-24-2017, 09:00 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road

Keep the old girl running!! She's not yard art, she's something built to last and to run, something that has disappeared in the evolution of technology. Nice find, and nice addition to the rcp compound. It reminds me of a conversation I had while out at one of the shows at pike steam show. I was talking to a fairly old woman that had inquired about the 1:14 d11 I was playing with. She started talking about different model dozers and how she had some of them. People had given her over the years because they knew she collected cat memorabilia . She was rattling off like 10 different older models that she had acquired or been given over the years. I thought by the way she was talking they were models that she restored but she corrected me and said no models but the real ones!! She collected real full size dozers as a hobby!!!! Pretty cool!!!
Old 04-24-2017, 09:38 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

Yeah guys, my wife and I are excited to have this old thing for sure. You're right RW, she comes from an era where stuff was built simple and built to last! Hard to believe that it is nearly 70 years old, has sat outside it's entire life, and the most immediate repair it needs is a new seat cushion! That's not to say that she doesn't need a little love here and there. Our friend that gave it to us took it to a mechanic friend first and he checked over some simple stuff and made sure it would start. It runs and drives really well but the Hyster D2N winch controls are frozen so we need to free them up. The winch cable itself needs to be replaced as well as the hydraulic hoses on the right hand side. There is no pitting on the rams and no major oil leaks. The undercarriage is in pretty good shape too! The story goes that she was purchased new for a farm along the Fraser River. It turned out to be too heavy for the soft ground so it didn't see much use. The next guys to have her used it to clear the fathers land and then the sons. They claimed that most of the hours racked up with the machine left idling all day because the hated the starting procedure.lol Our friend bought it years ago because he thought it was a neat piece of history. He has a lot of other projects and needed to free up some space so now it lives here! It will be a good match with the Euclid truck and 955K. All old simple iron that can sit there for years and flash right up and go to work on the farm!
Old 04-25-2017, 06:06 AM
Green Horn

Hofabooz is on a distinguished road

Its just not fair great models made or under construction and then some full size toys as well.

Enjoy it all
not jealous at all honestly enjoy.

Mark

Over the Pond in the UK

Member of Ribble Valley Radio Controlled Truck Club

my weather station
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-15-2017, 11:18 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Northern Farmer is on a distinguished road

Any luck scoring the needed parts for the mill ?
Old 06-15-2017, 11:46 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Farmer View Post
Any luck scoring the needed parts for the mill ?
No, not yet Brandon. The dealer promised they would let me know yesterday one way or the other but they never called or emailed. I phoned them an hour before closing to check for an update and they didn't answer the phone. Hmmmm..lol I understand that I am very "insignificant" in their grand scheme of things but this is how I make a living and without the mill I am out of business until further notice. The machine is well out of warranty now so I'm not looking for a freebee either. I even offered to buy two boards if they had them so that I had a spare! I'm feeling the love right now for sure....
Old 06-18-2017, 12:55 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZZ2m6R5X2E&t=83s Doing some scratching and hauling...