RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 02-15-2017, 09:46 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: LilGiantsConstrCo

Yes, good to get out of the mud!

Avg winter... couple wks of -20's with a couple feet of snow, followed by couple wks just above freezing to nearly melt it all away... 10day ago it snowed 3day straight a couple feet, then the wind blew it around a couple days to make some deep drifts... I didn't go outside for a week, travel through the tunnel out to the shop ...now it's been above freezing the last week & not much snow left.

Joe
Old 02-16-2017, 09:45 AM
Green Horn

Hofabooz is on a distinguished road

Hi Joe

Its all looking good on your construction site.
Glad your not snowed in anymore cannot be fun, well apart from focusing on your construction projects.

Thanks for posting updates

Mark

Over the Pond in the UK

Member of Ribble Valley Radio Controlled Truck Club

my weather station
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-16-2017, 09:52 PM
BANNED

Being storm stayed a week or more doesn't bother me at all, just keep track of the forecast & prepare in advance.

This week's shop project was making a welding table...

The table is 4 x 6 feet, top sheet is 3/16 thickness, I built it for building models. Sitting down to weld I'm steadier now with the tig, welding steel or aluminum is much easier.

Time to start making trls for the 4206.

Joe
Old 03-13-2017, 01:56 AM
BANNED

Made a new cage in aluminum for my JD850's rotary screener... the welds aint pretty, but it's not coming apart either What a difference in agility a few less lbs makes hanging out on the end of an out stretched boom

Got a quick-tach coupler for my SA 963 & STahl WA500, plus 4 buckets & the U blade, plus an adapter for the Braeker lock for oem Stahl bucket. Mr Braeker sends out the necessary glue for the stainless steel, but I need to provide my degreaser as that's a hazardous goods that can't be sent in the mail.

In the shipment Mr Braeker sends a note that the instructions are provided in PDF on his website & gives a username & password to the buyer to access them.

Mr Braeker's suggestion to use 120 grit to buff the stainless steel with before gluing & painting.

Joe
Old 03-13-2017, 12:09 PM
Wannabe

Efroeh is on a distinguished road

Those attachments look good. Which buckets did you go with? Also how was dealing with him and what kind of price was it to ship to Canada?
Old 03-13-2017, 04:21 PM
Green Horn

avel is on a distinguished road

I've been looking at those Braeker kits for awhile for the LR634. Primarily the aluminum bucket with the short "lip/bottom edge?" for more breakout force and having a lighter bucket.
Looking forward to hearing about your experience putting things together, and your tunneling operation.
Old 03-13-2017, 04:23 PM
BANNED

quick coupler for Stahl WA500
quick coupler for Scale Art 963
adapter plate for OEM Stahl bucket
leveling bucket L
loading bucket
XHD Rock Bucket L
HD Rock Bucket S
HD Abrasion U-Dozer Blade
Block Handling Fork Stainless Steel

Just sent him an email, he communicates well in english, shipping is cheap! 52,94 euro for 10kg box... shipping out of Europe is dirt cheap compared to anything from the USA... NAFTA is such a farce!

Joe
Old 03-13-2017, 04:31 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by avel View Post
I've been looking at those Braeker kits for awhile for the LR634. Primarily the aluminum bucket with the short "lip/bottom edge?" for more breakout force and having a lighter bucket.
Looking forward to hearing about your experience putting things together, and your tunneling operation.
Mr Braeker suggested the HD Rock Bucket S for the 963.

The tunnel is about done! ...what little is left I'll do in the summer when it's not so bitter cold... just finally feeling better as of today from a two week cold.

Joe
Old 03-13-2017, 10:34 PM
Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
quick coupler for Stahl WA500
quick coupler for Scale Art 963
adapter plate for OEM Stahl bucket
leveling bucket L
loading bucket
XHD Rock Bucket L
HD Rock Bucket S
HD Abrasion U-Dozer Blade
Block Handling Fork Stainless Steel

Just sent him an email, he communicates well in english, shipping is cheap! 52,94 euro for 10kg box... shipping out of Europe is dirt cheap compared to anything from the USA... NAFTA is such a farce!
That's a nice list of goodies. Ya the NAFTA trade deal is bull. That's not too bad for shipping. How does the vat work for us Canadians?
Old 03-14-2017, 02:15 AM
BANNED

We don't pay any VAT, that's a european tax, but sometimes (depending on amount) you & I will pay our own pst & gst, although I wasn't charged anything on this parcel from Mr Braeker.

Built the two quick-tach couplers

Then made the fork

Then tried each quick-tach coupler with the fork to be sure everything works as it should.

It says in the instructions to not glue anything until all pieces are fitted together... well my clumsy fingers were having quite a time making that happen without pieces falling out of place, so I glued a few pieces in early steps... then discovered at the end why that was a bad idea. ...a bit of trouble fitting the last piece of the puzzle, but I got er done with a bit of careful filing.

The next quick-tach coupler went together much easier & I didn't glue nothing till every piece was in its place.

A top quality product, buy with confidence.

Got some farming to do next couple days, build the buckets on the wkend.

Joe
Old 03-14-2017, 11:06 AM
Wannabe

Those look great. I wonder if the servo will interfere with anything as it seems to stick out a bit. I went on his website he must be using a small ram to lock it in. Looks good either way. Are you gonna be painting or getting them powdercoated?
Old 03-14-2017, 11:31 AM
BANNED

I'm sure he's got servo location figured out, these quick-tach couplers have been available for yrs, I've seen many of them in videos from all over the world. The hyd cyl is another option, if you wanna go to the added expense of adding an aux valve. No powder coater nearby. The quick-tack coupler I think I will leave stainless unpainted so the moving parts always move freely, won't paint the fork either. The buckets will be yellow, tape off the quick-tach area so the paint don't cause any problems with coupling.

Joe
Old 03-14-2017, 05:58 PM
Journeyman

RCLogger will become famous soon enough

Very impressive, gluing metal together, TO COOL ! Thanks for the information Joe..

Greg
Old 03-16-2017, 01:23 AM
BANNED

XHD Rock Bucket L.... about 2 hrs sanding, deburring, cleaning.... then 3hrs so far gluing, just a couple pieces left to fit & glue.

Joe
Old 03-16-2017, 01:40 AM
Journeyman

tracksntreadslou is on a distinguished road

Wow Joe looks good .curious to see how well the glue stands up..I wonder if there is a way of cleaning the adhesive off if needed ..sure if you wanted you could tig weld some spots .good to see you in the shop making stuff ..Like the new welding table ..will help to keep a good steady hand .
Hows is the weather co-operating .I may have to make another road tip there soon ..I will keep you posted
Old 03-16-2017, 02:25 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracksntreadslou View Post
Wow Joe looks good .curious to see how well the glue stands up..I wonder if there is a way of cleaning the adhesive off if needed ..sure if you wanted you could tig weld some spots .good to see you in the shop making stuff ..Like the new welding table ..will help to keep a good steady hand .
Hows is the weather co-operating .I may have to make another road tip there soon ..I will keep you posted
Methel ethel keytone, should cut the glue, or heat it.
Cheers!
Old 03-16-2017, 01:05 PM
Wannabe

That bucket looks mean. I'm sure the glue will hold up well.
Old 03-16-2017, 01:31 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Bo Wallen is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: LilGiantsConstrCo

Great project going there. looking forward to see it in action.......crunch crunch video time maybe .........
Old 03-16-2017, 01:39 PM
Green Horn

rc13 is on a distinguished road

Nice Job. It looks like you are on a mission to get those attachments built. Tobias has refined his laser cutting to reduce those burs. That helps a lot with time. Makes it much easier.
As for the questions about the glue holding, I have the same HD Bucket that I use on my 966 sometimes. It is as solid as can be. Loctite 435 is amazing.
Old 03-16-2017, 04:19 PM
BANNED

That's right Neil, in the instructions it says acetone will dissolve the glue, and if the metal glue nozzle blocks up, a quick bit of heat from a lighter will solve that.

The sheets are 1 to 2mm thick, my tig skills need a lot of refining yet before I'd try tig'ing something as polished as these buckets Lou. The weather warmed up Tuesday to hi's of +5 or more, looks like it's sticking around awhile, hopefully for good... got a lot of work to do prior to seeding that's about 6wks away. Oh man, did I dogf/k the winter & didn't get much accomplished.

Bo, the way youtube has changed it's resolution settings, my old gopro looks blurry even with it's hidef setting @ 200mb/minute, my video posting days are pretty well done with just a wireless connection, too slow & too costly!

rc13 (forgot your name or maybe you haven't told me, can't remember ) Yep! only couple wks left of winter hobby time, hopefully get all these buckets done by the wkend... grain hauling this week got postponed b/c of the sudden warm up to next week, hopefully my yards are dry then.

Finished up the XHD rock bucket L this morning

The brass bolt detail is glued in

Moving onto the XHD rock bucket S (this is for the Scale Art 963), the smaller sheet had a lot of splatter from the lazer cutting on one side, chewed up the orbiter sand pad a bit to get it buffed out. Wipe clean/degrease with acetone... twist the parts out... file where needed... start fitting pieces together... maybe by 5pm have another one done

Joe