RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Vehicles Picture Gallery > 1:1 Your Semi's,Trucks and Equipment

1:1 Your Semi's,Trucks and Equipment Here is a spot to share your 1:1 that you drive and or operate.

Old 10-29-2013, 04:58 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road
Default CAT CT660 in the shop today....

A local customer purchased one of the new CAT trucks about a year ago and to be honest, this is the first time its been in the shop! Im not sure how well they are doing as a whole but looks like this one isn't a lemon or " built on Friday" kinda truck.
In for a leaking air bag on the drop axle. wish I got a picture of the look on the truck mechanics face when he was told what he had to do! The guy has done nothing but work on CAT engines only for 15yrs! now, with this truck he has to do chassis repairs

enough rambling!....lots of brushed aluminum all over and the cab is quite nice.

this is my favorite detail in the cab, the aluminum toe kick plate with stamped cat logo

Check out the mix of trucks , a pete , a CAT dump truck and a cat service truck which is a international with a maxforce IH engine??? go figure

thanks for looking

mario
Old 10-29-2013, 05:33 PM
Craftsman

Snochaser will become famous soon enoughSnochaser will become famous soon enough
Default Re: CAT CT660 in the shop today....

Looks nice Mario. There are a handful of them around here a few dumps (4 axle) and a boom truck. Can you get a shot if that service truck. Looks really good from what I can see.
R.I.P. FGD

Work Hard, Play Hard!
Never Forget- 343
Old 10-29-2013, 06:23 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snochaser View Post
Looks nice Mario. There are a handful of them around here a few dumps (4 axle) and a boom truck. Can you get a shot if that service truck. Looks really good from what I can see.
For you Ben, sure. The Cat mechanic will get you pics of an International
It's a beast! The poor guy has to drop the rear air bags just to have a chance reaching the top service box shelves

Mario
Old 10-29-2013, 06:59 PM
Journeyman

Lmackattack is on a distinguished road

The "cat" truck is really just an international with a cat diesel. I wonder how much longer cat will continue with this truck as international has recently switched back to cummins. I hear the joint venture between cat and IH failed to meet emissions pushing IH back to cummins for power. I also hear that IH had a shake up in upper management to make the company profitable again.

Personally I think the truck looks like a 9400 with a hood off a kw.....kinda weird looking.

But I'm a Mack man so what does that say lol...
Old 10-29-2013, 09:14 PM
Craftsman

Snochaser will become famous soon enoughSnochaser will become famous soon enough

Haha figured you'd like that, Mario. Thanks, looks beastly.

Ben
R.I.P. FGD

Work Hard, Play Hard!
Never Forget- 343
Old 10-29-2013, 09:33 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmackattack View Post
The "cat" truck is really just an international with a cat diesel. I wonder how much longer cat will continue with this truck as international has recently switched back to cummins. I hear the joint venture between cat and IH failed to meet emissions pushing IH back to cummins for power. I also hear that IH had a shake up in upper management to make the company profitable again.

Personally I think the truck looks like a 9400 with a hood off a kw.....kinda weird looking.

But I'm a Mack man so what does that say lol...
Sorry, that's the funny part. The " Cat " truck is NOT cat powered. It's less than a year old and comes with a IH engine so the Cat / IH love affair is over you could say.

It's a Work Star but I agree it has the look of a 9400 on steroids though..... Wait till you see the pics of the beast tomorrow
Old 10-29-2013, 10:14 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

BRICKNICK is on a distinguished road

So its a CAT tractor without a cat motor???? What moron in upper management thought this to be a good idea? That's like buying a cat loader with a komatsu or Hitachi motor in it....stupid as **** if you ask me. And when was the official change over for international to start using Cummins motors instead of there own ? 2013 or 2014?
Old 10-29-2013, 10:29 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Whoa, sorry guys, my error. The tandem dump truck is cat and so is the engine, a CT13.
The irony is the service truck our company bought. A IH chassis and engine dressed with CAT logos??. Strange to represent a brand and yet run a service truck with someone else's engine eh?
I'm just a mechanic.....what do I know? Lol

Last edited by Supermario; 10-29-2013 at 10:36 PM.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:32 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRICKNICK View Post
So its a CAT tractor without a cat motor???? What moron in upper management thought this to be a good idea? That's like buying a cat loader with a komatsu or Hitachi motor in it....stupid as **** if you ask me. And when was the official change over for international to start using Cummins motors instead of there own ? 2013 or 2014?
Well you had better sit down because that is not the only CAT branded product without a CAT motor.

A, B, and C series skid loaders, and mini excavators can have a Perkins or Mitsubishi engine.

Backhoes and smaller excavators have Perkins engines.

D series skid loaders have a tier 4 Kubota engine

The CAT farm tractors are made by AGCO

CAT tellahandlers are made by JLG.

CAT forklifts are made by Mitsubishi and can have engines from Mitsubishi, Nisan, GM 4.3v6 and a few others.

At least they put a CAT logo on the perkapillar.

So now what do you think?

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 10-29-2013, 10:40 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

So that's why I see JLG products in the CAT rental store yard!
Old 10-29-2013, 10:44 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermario View Post
So that's why I see JLG products in the CAT rental store yard!
Yes CAT dealers get a good deal on them + you can't survive on renting just cat. If you ever get to look at a JLG telehandler notice how much a CAT looks like it, the only difference is the engine for the most part.

Travis

Old 10-29-2013, 11:01 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhhhstix View Post
Well you had better sit down because that is not the only CAT branded product without a CAT motor.

A, B, and C series skid loaders, and mini excavators can have a Perkins or Mitsubishi engine.

Backhoes and smaller excavators have Perkins engines.

D series skid loaders have a tier 4 Kubota engine

The CAT farm tractors are made by AGCO

CAT tellahandlers are made by JLG.

CAT forklifts are made by Mitsubishi and can have engines from Mitsubishi, Nisan, GM 4.3v6 and a few others.

At least they put a CAT logo on the perkapillar.

So now what do you think?
Don't forget the large O & K, I mean Terex, Oh were they Bucyrus hydraulic shovel's that Cat bought, are listed with Cummins on the Cat website!
http://www.cat.com/en_US/products/ne...g-shovels.html Any of them that don't show a Cat engine are still Cummins powered.
Back to the truck's, Cat had a hissy fit and said No Cummins after treatment on Cat truck's, That's the dpf scr abortion emmisions control.
Cheer's, Neil.
Old 10-30-2013, 12:45 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

BRICKNICK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post
Don't forget the large O & K, I mean Terex, Oh were they Bucyrus hydraulic shovel's that Cat bought, are listed with Cummins on the Cat website!
http://www.cat.com/en_US/products/ne...g-shovels.html Any of them that don't show a Cat engine are still Cummins powered.
Back to the truck's, Cat had a hissy fit and said No Cummins after treatment on Cat truck's, That's the dpf scr abortion emmisions control.
Cheer's, Neil.
Well I knew most of those cat pieces of equipment had different engines like the Perkins diesels and such. But I didn't realize that many pieces were all out sourced. I just thought the selling point of a cat truck for most truckers and business owners were buying " the cat truck" just to have a truck with a cat motor in it, not a junk international motor.
Old 10-30-2013, 04:05 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

" not a junk international motor "

Junk says you :toetap: I've had my share of other junk brands moreso then IH . I'll admit to a few of them being junk but not all .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-30-2013, 04:31 PM
Journeyman

sparkycuda is on a distinguished road

It's a mixed bag of brands out there. Perkins is no longer a "will fit" to CAT; Perkins is owned by CAT, along with a whole list of common equipment brand names. The diverse world of brands and products continues to shrink and vendors sharing products is one way to compete.

It is interesting about the IH service truck at a CAT dealer.....

Ken
Old 10-30-2013, 04:56 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

As per request by Ben, heres the CAT, IH service truck. I call it " the Beast" or when you drive it in the bush its called, " The Tank " cuz it sure rides like one!

what this picture means is, once the truck arrives at the job, the engine is shut off. All power for the crane, air compressor and electricity is provided by a EnerPack. A little 3 cyl diesel which runs all that. They call it fuel saving BS but we all know the real reason....NEVER let this truck idle or it wont re gen properly and run like $#%^.

the price tag is a beast too!

265K for the truck, tools to fill it not included

Mario
Old 10-30-2013, 06:10 PM
Journeyman

Lmackattack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermario View Post
Whoa, sorry guys, my error. The tandem dump truck is cat and so is the engine, a CT13.
The irony is the service truck our company bought. A IH chassis and engine dressed with CAT logos??. Strange to represent a brand and yet run a service truck with someone else's engine eh?
I'm just a mechanic.....what do I know? Lol

What I recal hearing is that cat " was out of the truck engine buisness".
IH teamed up with cat to try and save costs on the EPA regulated emission systems on new diesels. The thought was both would put in half the cost to build a better engine suppied in ih trucks. Around that same time cat trucks were in the came with the same engines found in ih trucks.
Sadly the emission issues dod not get sorted out as planned. I think the maxxforce engine may have had some development done by cat as well. All I know is that IH was having lots of trouble with engines and recently went back to offering cummins in their otr trucks. Not sure where cat stands today with their ct trucks or their relationship with IH?
Old 10-30-2013, 06:19 PM
Craftsman

Thanks Mario. That is big, long wheelbase too. Definitely a nice tool truck.

Ben
R.I.P. FGD

Work Hard, Play Hard!
Never Forget- 343
Old 10-30-2013, 06:54 PM
Out of control

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post
Cheer's, Neil.
There are 2 left with the Cummins engine's and it wont take to much longer and they will be CAT powered as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmackattack View Post
What I recal hearing is that cat " was out of the truck engine buisness".
IH teamed up with cat to try and save costs on the EPA regulated emission systems on new diesels. The thought was both would put in half the cost to build a better engine suppied in ih trucks. Around that same time cat trucks were in the came with the same engines found in ih trucks.
Sadly the emission issues dod not get sorted out as planned. I think the maxxforce engine may have had some development done by cat as well. All I know is that IH was having lots of trouble with engines and recently went back to offering cummins in their otr trucks. Not sure where cat stands today with their ct trucks or their relationship with IH?
Cat is still offering the truck but you are limmited to the C13 and I can garentee you the Cat truck will not have a Cummins in it.

We have some of the Cat trucks at work (MacAllister CAT) for delivery trucks 3 with the C15 before they got the ax and 2 with the C13.

Travis

Old 10-30-2013, 09:00 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

Hey Travis, I thought I heard the other day, that Cat had a 15 liter in the work's for there truck's? http://www.constructionequipment.com...-scr-15l-doubt
As for the modern diesel engine's, They were reliable until all this "emission's crap" came out in 2004!
Cheer's, Neil.