RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 10-22-2012, 09:01 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: 990 cat loader (Earl Shiebbed)

thanks Dan , No it'll get a more rigorous test sit right here It would've made it through the STL weekend if some dummy had put a filter on it

I had the elements sittin on the bench for weeks just never got around to making the canister After gettin settled back in today I spent an hour or 2 making it up tonight .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:13 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

Really Steve? Running without a filtration system? the 990 is a tough machine but, not that tough
How long did it run before big trouble? Scale it up and probably as long as the real thing would last with no filters
Thanks for posting pics from the meet...by the way....looks like I need to send ya a new CAT hat for Xmas.

Mario
Old 10-22-2012, 10:17 PM

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

actually it ran 40 hrs before the break down Yea I forgot to pick 1 up when I was at the dealer for a battery for the 247B and my paint always in a hurry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:48 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post
actually it ran 40 hrs before the break down Yea I forgot to pick 1 up when I was at the dealer for a battery for the 247B and my paint always in a hurry
So 40 hrs X 14th scale = 560 hrs? . nahhhhh, the old girl would last longer than that!

Bet ya can't get one at the dealer with a Canadian maple leaf on it!
I'll get ya one. You are now on my Xmas list

Mario

Last edited by Supermario; 10-23-2012 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 10-23-2012, 07:59 PM

well it turns out the valves are the culprit I knew it would happen steel wearing on aluminum with piss poor tolerances . at least the filter will catch the particles till I get my valves finished . I also turned the pump around so the belt is at the back of the machine as opposed to between the main motor and pump motor . should be easier to change the belt now . No , no maple leaf on our hats here .

Old 10-24-2012, 04:09 PM

o-rings came in after lunch for the filter . so I took a few min and put oil in an gave er a go back in bizz now will not get a vid till this wknd in the rubber pit I'll have to tie up 75% of it's HP just to make it look like I'm workin it hard

Old 10-24-2012, 06:08 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Glad to hear she's back up and running. You must have brought it to a CAT dealer to get such a quick repair time

Mario
Old 11-18-2012, 09:34 PM

lil bit of me time today
got the front fenders and light post fabed up . they came out much better in brass then aluminium welded I may mill out my own lights . these look like poo

Old 11-19-2012, 08:49 AM
Craftsman

Snochaser will become famous soon enoughSnochaser will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 990 cat loader

Aww look at those cute Lil' mudflaps, precious. lol
R.I.P. FGD

Work Hard, Play Hard!
Never Forget- 343
Old 01-27-2013, 03:29 PM

I was in the possible future 1300 SQ ft quarry cleaning up broken block this morning . I'm getting ready to build a rather large dbl fireplace with bread oven base . When we built the house in 97 we went with a craw space doo to not quite enough green and were not gonna live with in-laws what-so-ever . So the shop was added later with a small basement area for a furnuas room to have some real heat (coal) nuff history got some pics no vid batts dead on cam
lookin through the 2nd opening

not sure I'm going to do it but it would be a nice place for a few hrs of after hr operating time

Old 01-27-2013, 03:47 PM
Journeyman

woodhog is on a distinguished road

Fenders and lights look good now just get her finished
Old 01-27-2013, 04:03 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Is it cement floor there already?

Joe
Old 01-27-2013, 05:15 PM

yea but very rough , when we poured it had to be 1 of the hottest days the load came hot to begin with coupled with dry hot stones at 2 " rat slab it was all my dad and I could do to get it raked out . the ledge in the pic is half the base for the fireplace + a cap on the buttress wall. the ground here is tight close to your clays but put sand stone rocks in it . in the dry spell , it takes some time to scratch through with the 307 cat excavator I had . We hit ledge in the north east corner (straight back under the pumbing ) I'm just not sure I want to knowing whats under there . It'll sure be some model engineering fun

Old 01-27-2013, 05:39 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

A heated playground for the winter!........lucky dog!

Mario
Old 02-01-2013, 02:47 PM

catmack is on a distinguished road

I'm gonna have to build low pro mining equipment for my crawl space. At best, 18" is all I have at the high end. It would be a great project though. How heavy is the loader IHBuilder?
Old 02-01-2013, 04:29 PM

OK official weight 46.6 lbs without the cab finished . I guessed about 40-50 lbs awhile back not to far off ( I think I pulled somethin ) I used to throw 50 lb seed, fertilizer, and lime bags up on a hydro seeder for years so I guess I got a feel for it

I decided to go through with the basement dig can't think of any logical place to store my coal unless I start another building I can just see the township beside , I got some new machines coming on line this year I need a good proving ground .

Old 05-27-2013, 09:45 PM

started fixing another weak link today . I kept having issues with my valves sticking open and leaking The culprit p---- poor tolerances in the valve heads . The leaking was coming from a 6mm ID oring on a 5.8mm OD shaft So Made new 1's out of brass . 3-4 hours setup and tweaking and 1hr run time tops between the lathe and mill .

old

new

thanks for lookin

Old 06-16-2013, 10:25 PM

whew a little time in the shop with the cad off and the mill off Did some rearranging with the hydros and electrics . now I can use 2 bats and keep them under the hood . Also no more leaky valves the operator got a bench seat though

all nice and tucked under the hood

Old 06-16-2013, 10:31 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

What a beast! Are those standard sized servos in the cab, running the valves? Gives a really good feel for the size of this loader!
Old 06-16-2013, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
What a beast! Are those standard sized servos in the cab, running the valves? Gives a really good feel for the size of this loader!
HS 85 MG

thanks Nate , she'll do what a man and shovel will do well almost till the guy gets tired of waiting for batteries to charge